Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Here's a dumb post: I'm trying to complete my pokedex before Sun and Moon (I have Y, also I have OCD), but the GTS isn't helping when, for example, half the Bulbasaurs posted want a loving Yveltal or Articuno in return. I've asked in the trade thread already but it seems pretty dead, so: 3454-4682-4181 (Flavio). I mainly need to evolve the pokemans that need trading, get the X pokemons for my Y pokemons and have some more safaris to catch mans in, nothing fancy.

Oh and I'll gladly trade my next shinies for serious mons because I don't give a gently caress about shinies and honestly most of them look terrible to me.

(Sorry about derailing the amazing sumo discussion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
X for Y is actually pretty easy if you just throw an exclusive up on the GTS asking for the comparable exclusive. That got me all of the non-legendary ones.

(trade evos still suck)

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Kawabata posted:

Here's a dumb post: I'm trying to complete my pokedex before Sun and Moon (I have Y, also I have OCD), but the GTS isn't helping when, for example, half the Bulbasaurs posted want a loving Yveltal or Articuno in return. I've asked in the trade thread already but it seems pretty dead, so: 3454-4682-4181 (Flavio). I mainly need to evolve the pokemans that need trading, get the X pokemons for my Y pokemons and have some more safaris to catch mans in, nothing fancy.

Oh and I'll gladly trade my next shinies for serious mons because I don't give a gently caress about shinies and honestly most of them look terrible to me.

(Sorry about derailing the amazing sumo discussion)

You get much better results on the GTS by making your own offers rather than searching for the Pokemon you want. If you breed up a few starters you should have no trouble finding anything you need excluding legendaries.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zore posted:

A lot of that could be the increased graphical fidelity.

Compare screenshots of SuMo to X/Y.

Redeye Flight posted:

It might also be that they have more trainers rendered as models as opposed to just still images.

While those are true (though all trainers do have models, just they're the overworld ones we mostly see our trainer in) I can't imagine those assets increasing the game size that drastically, unless humans have a way higher poly count than Pokemon.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The main thing that takes up space in these games are Pokemon models, they accounted for 1.2GB of space in both XY and ORAS, more or less, with the maps taking up about 200-300MB, due to taking shortcuts and that. And finally there's about 120MB for music in XY and 320MB for music in ORAS. Since we know there's not a larger amount of tracks in SM compared to those games and there's obviously an increase in Pokemon models, we can assume that the improved overworld and maps take up a larger amount of space also.

It does not mean there's going to be another region, unless you want it to be an empty hollow shell, or one really filled out town or so.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The extra space comes from giving an Alolan form to all 721 pokemon that came before

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can't believe they modeled spirit fusions with every single pokemon

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Hardcordion posted:

You get much better results on the GTS by making your own offers rather than searching for the Pokemon you want. If you breed up a few starters you should have no trouble finding anything you need excluding legendaries.

I've had a charmander up for bulbasaur for ages now, but apparently to the GTS the correct trade is Bulbasaur - Yveltal or Bulbasaur - Keldeo. The best deals I got from trading were all in Wonder Trade for some reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Crosspeice posted:

The main thing that takes up space in these games are Pokemon models, they accounted for 1.2GB of space in both XY and ORAS, more or less, with the maps taking up about 200-300MB, due to taking shortcuts and that. And finally there's about 120MB for music in XY and 320MB for music in ORAS. Since we know there's not a larger amount of tracks in SM compared to those games and there's obviously an increase in Pokemon models, we can assume that the improved overworld and maps take up a larger amount of space also.

It does not mean there's going to be another region, unless you want it to be an empty hollow shell, or one really filled out town or so.

That makes sense. A nice, big and dense overworld would be aces after what XY gave

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sinnoh is the other region included in the game.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Kawabata posted:

I've had a charmander up for bulbasaur for ages now, but apparently to the GTS the correct trade is Bulbasaur - Yveltal or Bulbasaur - Keldeo. The best deals I got from trading were all in Wonder Trade for some reason.

I got specifically a female Bulbasaur with chlorophyll for a Marill. There's no shortage of people with like 5 boxes full of breeding rejects of anything you want.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oddium posted:

heck yeah flac audio and hd png textures

I can't wait to see high res, glossy jpegs of all my pokemon friends.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

starters from later gens are more in demand than gen 1 starters if you can breed some of them up. breeding is much quicker than i anticipated with a horny ditto and a magmar guy

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I'd been using a Chandelure for a long time to juggle my eggs, but it turns out Talonflame can FLY

I also can give you a bulbasaur if you really need one kawabata :c00l:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

jarbv posted:

I'd been using a Chandelure for a long time to juggle my eggs, but it turns out Talonflame can FLY
My egg-hatcher of choice is Volcarona, but Talonflame is way cooler so I should probably switch over.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If there's a third version it's gonna be earth and zygarde will be the cover legendary

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Talonflame is definitely not cooler than Volcarona also if you still need help later tonight I should be able to trade you whatever you need Kawabata.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the best egg boy is magcargo

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Moltres is best egg birb

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

moltres should be placed in a pokeball with a padlock, in a pc with a padlock, in a pokecenter with a padlock, so i never accidentally use it

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Moltres needs to have its fire immunity turned off so I can have delicious roast goose.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

for sumo they're actually improving moltres's model by replacing it with a heavily compressed jpg of ho-oh

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'd use Volcarona for egg hatching but I don't want to sully its Special moveset with Fly. That's just wrong.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Bring back HOTBANANA

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Do you think that Battle Bond will be exclusive to Ash's Greninja from the Sun and Moon demo or will other Pokémon have the ability as well?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zuzie posted:

Do you think that Battle Bond will be exclusive to Ash's Greninja from the Sun and Moon demo or will other Pokémon have the ability as well?

Every pokemon will have the ability

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Wait eggs hatch faster with a fire poke in your party?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Yes! I need my Stunfisk to look just like me.
I mean, more than it already does.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Waffles Inc. posted:

Wait eggs hatch faster with a fire poke in your party?

If they have Flame Body or Magma Armor as an ability, yes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

idk lemme know when other pokemon get Multitype or Zen Mode or whatever it is Castform has

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Forecast!

But, I mean, that's kind of Castform's whole thing, especially since it doesn't have exclusive Weather Ball anymore.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yes.

And Battle Bond is Ash-Greninja's whole thing.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

notoriousman posted:

If they have Flame Body or Magma Armor as an ability, yes.

I never knew about the Magma Armor part!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Why would you need fly for hatching eggs, aren't you just running round in circles?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fellblade posted:

Why would you need fly for hatching eggs, aren't you just running round in circles?

Sometimes the ideal hatching route (usually a looong straightaway) isn't close to the daycare.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sometimes the ideal hatching route (usually a looong straightaway) isn't close to the daycare.

In X/Y it was biking around the Eiffel Lumoise Tower. Fly is also just a good utility move to have.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Fellblade posted:

Look at this normie. Do you even IV bro?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the ideal hatching route would be holding up while the camera autorotates and would be on the same route as the daycare + iv checker, plus in a game where fly was replaced with the eon flute.

what's that you say ??

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dabir posted:

Yes.

And Battle Bond is Ash-Greninja's whole thing.

Don't get me started on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i kind of hate flying around trying to find the right town to land in

jarbv fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 6, 2016