Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

What will everyones reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revelaed to be completely terrible?

I want to say you're full of poo poo but this year has been such as shitshow from all angles that I just can't bring myself to do it. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

this is incredibly important

It shows that Guzma forgot the Gun Part of dance defence.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is it Guzz-Ma or Gooze-Ma?
If his name is based on the plant, the first. But wouldn't the Japanese writing of his name (they're the same) give it away?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

If anyone wants to pore over videos for this, Guzz-ma would be something like ガズマ and Gooze-ma would be something like グズマ.
Bulbapeida says グズマ so Gooze it is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I'd say that belongs in the bin but...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cerony posted:

That's so cool. Ash sounds like he's becoming a pretty good dude. I haven't seen too many people hating on Ash for losing the finals. I've seen a lot of hate on Alain for being one hell of a Mary Sue.

The writers clearly had a plan but made a complete hash of executing it in a way that doesn't the audience throwing chairs into the ring.

Alain basically went from "Side story protagonist with Charizard, Mega Evolution and Team Flare" to "X-Pac: Avatar of the writers."

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 29, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cerony posted:

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the show other than seeing the league final because of hype but this is along the lines of what I've been hearing. Apparently the Team Flare conflict is supposed to be the resolution to all this rather than the Pokemon League which is kinda weird since the league is usually the last big thing that wraps up the main story.

To be fair, Best Wishes did a similar thing (Had the league, then Episode N, the "Going back to Kanto" episodes) but they largely kept them separate.

I get the impression the date of SM kinda caught the writers with their pants down and they're rushing to get XYZ done so the Mega Evolution Arc and the Leauge Arc and Episode Flare kinda got smushed into a mess.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 29, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
They're succeeding but lord knows no one will give them credit for it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i've seen/heard of camerupt before but i've never seen this guy

he's really cute :ohdear:

Numel's attack reaction in Colosseum is AMAZING.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oh, christ, that thing had TWO evolutions?!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I've played enough Megaten to know where this is all going...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except B/W is the best pokemon game so you're just wrong.

Really? Couldn't tell in amongst all the stupid bullshit like 156 new designs (An overabundance of designs nessesitating dipping into "Shoe" levels of non effort and taking the piss and yes and I'm talking about that stupid ice cream cone and the bin bag), scaling EXP (I know it's always been a thing but BW2 took it to an extreme that was just a frustration to play), a villain team that, whilst trying to present a nuanced argument about humans and pokemon, was blatantly evil except for N who ranges from the genuinely stupid to a complete creep and Best Wishes the less of which said the better.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 6, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

That's why you buy the Steelbook 2-Game Limited Edition Set

Wait, is that actually happening (ala Fire Emblem) or are you messing?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Will Pokemon SuMo have romance options

Your choice of Lucifer or YHVH. :v:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dunban posted:

And a look at the new season of the anime:

It's time for the Real stars of the show to take over again in their wonderful Bewear-o-matic. :allears:

On the bright side same people who do Inazuma Eleven so the Z Moves will pop.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 12, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i hope it is confirmed cause archer owl fuckin owns bones and siren seal is pretty and lucha cat is big and strong

Assasin's Owl drat well better be real.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I can't hate Kin-cat-uman because its basically Bowser by way of cat and Ultimate Muscle.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Team Rocket should get a Bewear and an Alola Exeggcutor because they're both prime picks for Team Rocket shenanigans

Really at this point we're going to be watching this for Bulk and Skull, arn't we?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Skull vs Aether is basically a bunch of angry Millennial gently caress ups (Guzma mentioned he failed becoming a trail captain as did the prof who just took things in his stride and became a resercher) just having beef with a bunch of people who look like they were factory processed out of Eton and the UBs are just there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually that was cool and rad cause you got to see a lot of new guys in action instead of pokemon you had seen and used for 4 gens previously.

Would have been a lot better if it wasn't full of clunkers.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

alcharagia posted:

roughly as many as gen 1

Yeah and once was enough thank you very much.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Not a Pukumuku? Ah well can't win them all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shneak posted:

The Sun Moon series looks like a Miyazaki film and Team Rocket has a Bewear and Mimmikyu. Sign me the gently caress up.

Right now I'm more concerned about how XYZ is going to end with them only having two to three episodes before Sun-Moon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Crawfish posted:

I'm still bummed out with Game Freak having the perfect set up with Porygon Z and squandering it in Gen 6 by having no Porygon X and Porygon Y.
To be fair, Porygon nearly destroyed the franchise. I wouldn't begrudge anyone involved wanting to bury it as hard as possible.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 9, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

i will never be happy until Jessie and her wife James reappear!

I can't wait to see them trying (and failing) to make sense of Team Skull in the cartoon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So ProJerad uploaded the first and last part of his blind moon nuzlocke.

It went as well as to be expected for someone who keeps piling on dumb clauses upon himself and is also running blind.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Eurotrash; are quick balls still the unstopable force of capturing nature they were in XY?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Bidoofs are the lemmings of the pokemon world

Not nearly enough Self Destruct for that to be true.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I'm desperate for a 1:1 Poplio but Nintendo's UK policy for PokeCenter Items is akin to thier SNES policy.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Huh, I thought Poplio was noted as being 15''

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Huh. Then why is there mention of a "Trainer Size" popplio?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dabir posted:

-poo poo
-awful
-terrible
-bad

-too frequent in PokeGo

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh this weeks episode of the anime was... Something

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

Just take the idiot to the pokemon center ez
Pokémon centers can't treat old age.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

The most important reason there won't be another DS isn't because they want to centralize all their games on to one platform, but because they want their platforms to be Console/Mobile, and not Console/Handheld. They'll make more money in the mobile arena then they ever will trying to sell another handheld and console at the same time. The combination of handheld and console into one on the Switch is a convenient way to have their cake and eat it too.

I'll eat that HD, easy to put on TV, Pokémon following you cake.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Smogon actually made a hypothetical Bug/Ice 'mon as the first entry in their Create-a-Pokemon thingy. They gave it a made-up ability that lets it ignore entry hazards and Rock-type attacks when switching in. Not surprisingly, they also gave it total glass cannon stats (high Atk/Sp.Atk/Speed and poor everything else) and a ridiculous movepool (Tail Glow :lol:).

http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/syclant

That art looks like Digimon official art.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

This week's anime episode involved baseball and OH BOY did the animators get up to some pretty great shenanigans there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Dub, too, or just sub? I still have grumpy feelings about how the XY anime took really dramatic scenes and then stripped out all the energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

Sub. If nothing else, the sub has the Inazuma Eleven attack captions.

Also I have no faith in DuArts being able to get any emotion out of thier cast which will be important in about four months time.

Give 4kids its poo poo, they were able to at least do that with a vauge sence of compitentcy.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 27, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I can't think of any particular bad Dog Pokémon. Even the Lilipup line is perfectly serviceable.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ariong posted:

That's because there are no bad dog pokemon. Only bad trainers.

Touché

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Its a sea lion and thus also a cat.

Nope, seal, therefore dog.