Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:shobon: I have the girliest team. I just love fluffy/cute Pokemon! Vaporeon will always be my all-time favorite, but Audino is a very close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I want to play the new Pokemon game.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm confused about Pokémon Stars. Is it only coming to Switch? If so and if it has new pokemon to catch like some articles mused over that will be lame.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I love the bumblebee pokemon omg it's so cute

I also really like that we can pet the pokemon and be nice to them after battles. I don't enjoy the bajillion cutscenes but the game is very relaxing and adorable so it's ok. I have spent most of my time trying to collect my favorite pokemon in each area, focusing on finding ones with the right nature and ability before I move on. I do miss dexnav.

Also the pokemon riding thing owns :3:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How are they going to do remakes anymore now that Totem Pokemon are objectively better in literally every way.

I love the improvements to statuses! I used to ignore them (I only play the main game, don't care about meta) but now I'm changing up my entire strategy to play smarter by using statuses and buffs/debuffs. Combat feels more interesting now. Also drat I did not have the right setup for the wishiwashi totem, that fight was hard

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

So i read earlier in the thread that some pokemon can only be caught when SOSed, is there a list somewhere? Or is it just one pokemon

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zore posted:

Theres a few. Happiney/Chansey, Sableye, Castform, Espeon, Umbreon, Salamence, Goomy/Sliggoo, Mearinie are the big ones.

drat that's a list of mostly rad pokemon (idk who the last one is)

Ty for the quick reply!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Woah

It looks like a rare imported fruit I would only find at Whole Foods.

I have another question actually. When I try the GTS all of my pokemon are grayed out when I try to trade them for something I'm looking for. Does this mean the other person filtered them out for what they'd trade their pokemon for, or do I need to progress more in the game to unlock it?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is there a limit to how many friends a pokemon can call?? Been trying to catch a female magby for like 20 minutes now but the second I down the pokemon she calls over, she calls another one before I can throw a ball.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Please just put a status effect on it.

If it's not already in the OP the top time should be bold with sirens "Status effects stop SOS calls"

I was hatching eggs when I ran into it, I don't have a Pokemon on me with status moves so that's why I asked.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I gave up and ran from it, it was getting ridiculous. Wish they'd implemented a limit on how many they can summon per battle though, eesh.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

For every pokemon that gets SOS summoned, the odds of it being a shiny goes up, and if you let it summon 30+ pokemon then four IVs are guaranteed to be maxed. SOS functions are definitely annoying for a casual playthrough but they're basically a postgame lifesaver

Ooooo I didn't know that. Kickass, I'm going to have to mess with that now to try and get some shinies. Thanks for the tip!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Breeding a ton of female saladits (sp?) was a great idea, I get pretty much anything for them. Haven't tried for a legendary yet, but everything else worked!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is there something I don't get about direct link trades? I've been invited a few times, but while I pick a pokemon and offer it, the other person spends the whole time just cycling through their Pokemon without offering anything every time. :confused:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Diect trades are hampered by the fact you can't type messages to the other player, so the entire time you're just kind of attempting to play charades with pictures of your pokemon.
Nintendo/Gamefreak have never been good at this whole "online communication" thing.

Oh that's what's up then. Yeah, I'm not gonna bother with that anymore lol.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What is the max level of your festival thing, and is there a cap on VIPs? I tried to register someone earlier but it said it failed, so I removed someone else and tried again, but got the same message.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What is this HA and beast stuff that people keep mentioning? I am behind

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thanks for the answers. What determines the ball type of a baby pokemon? Like if I want to breed a pokemon that will have a premier ball.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Taear posted:

I have a question about shiny pokemon that nobody may be able to answer but we're confused.

My girlfriend is obsessed with them and has found the guides that say you've got a 1-350 (or around that) chance of getting a shiny pokemon if you've got a 31+ combo. She's had that and is at route 1/route 2 trying to get a shiny Pidgey.
Around 1000 have gone by now. She hasn't caught any new ones since she hit the 31 and she sometimes has a lure on.

It's been maybe 3 hours all in all I think. The only answer I could think of is that because she's not catching new pidgeys the guys that are just flying away aren't despawning, they're hiding and it's just them going around and around and around and nothing new is spawning but that seems sort of insane.
She's also not moving much and I notice that moving causes lures to run out, but it still feels like loads of pidgeys (and others) spawn if she doesn't move anyway.

Does she need to keep catching stuff to get it to spawn or is she just super unlucky?

This has been answered, but if it makes her feel better: Shiny Pidgey was really hard to get for me, too. I got two shiny Pikachu in under 200 catches, but it took me 500+ to get Pidgey. If she's best the Elite Four, make sure she takes a Charizard or one of the other flying Pokemon with, because mine spawned in the air.

Good luck!!

E: Lol I meant beat the Elite Four but I guess besting them works too. Thanks autocorrect

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Huh? I play in handheld mode all the time, Eevee still gives me gifts. Not sure what all events there are though. I've done the fountain one if it's stuff like that.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you're in Docked mode there will be a little animation of eevee waving a joycon at you that lets you know it has a gift waiting for you. It will also show up during battle once and you can give your pokemon a buff to all stats

Ohhhh. Ok, yeah that's a bummer. I gave up on TV mode when I tried catching Pokemon on it the first time and have been handheld since.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I don't mind just catching them as they come if I'm low on money. You rack up candies at like 50 pieces a catch at 31+, and a full stack of candies sells for somewhere between 9-10k. If you're farming a low level shiny, it's pretty profitable to just keep catching, buy more pokeballs if you need them and sell the candies.

If you're using great or ultra balls, though, I don't know if that would still be a good method costwise.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm so proud of myself, an old lady who managed to play charades with kids well enough on the trade system to get all my Pokemon evolved and complete my Pokedex.

It's the first time I've ever finished it! Heck yeah. :)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Post ur malmetal

He's dead to me

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

You know what is awful? Chaining Dratinis.

Lol you got my sympathies, I got bored waiting for them to spawn and wandered off. Hang in there!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

There is a real, real good place to find Charmanders.

Go east from Cerulean city, around the corner and to the Rock Tunnel, then take the first ladder down from the entrance.

You'll be in a large chamber, and four to five Pokemon will spawn almost immediately. If they aren't Charmanders, just go up and down the ladder again. Real easy to generate lots of Pokemon and thus Charmanders.

It's great if you want to use a lure too, as the lure lasts a certain number of steps and going up and down a ladder uses pretty much no movement so it'll last forever.

Hey thanks for this tip, I used it just now and got a shiny Charmander after about 30 catches. I interrupted my streak once for a shiny Kangaskan, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What did you guys name your rival?

Mine is "my dude," which has led to great quotes from Oak.