Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Siets posted:

Indeed. Where once LHC physics researchers could congregate in small circles theorycrafting optimal competitive ability and held item teams, now is left a wasteland for the concrete-pourers of the world to fart and smoke in the streets as they mindlessly catch pokemon with their joycons before going home sexless and alone. Pokemon: Let's Go, the end of an era.

are you okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shneak posted:

Is that Incineroar Smogon screenshot real?

incineroar is real drat good in VGC, i'd believe it's real

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sea Lily posted:

the logo makes this feel like some kind of fashion line

clothing with monster pockets

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

ahahaha, and there are already people who are super mad about it.

mad about...ash-greninja? why?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't think there's alot of people who would only be interested in the new pokemon if it had the very generic big city from the movie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

I don't think anyone said that?

you basically were, pitching the idea that the new games would get crossover from movie watchers for the setting and not you know, because of the pokemon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

people aren't going to watch the movie and go 'oh i love generic american city', they're going to go 'oh i love pikachu, i love mr mime'

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zuzie posted:

I can't wait for the Fire Starter Chinese Zodiac theory to get completely destroyed.

i don't think foxes or whatever the hell typhlosions are supposed to be are on the chinese zodiac

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oddium posted:

it's called the chinese zodiac theory because all the animals of the chinese zodiac evolve to become bipedal fighting types

where's my horse with boxing gloves then

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Foxes are canines, therefore Fennekin counts as the dog. This isn't the only franchise to use a fox instead of a dog because it's cooler that way, I can think of another mon franchise that did it.

Cyndaquil is the rat. It's the "Fire Mouse Pokémon".

The zodiac theory is still true no matter how much it may annoy people. We'll get another addition to it, maybe tomorrow, maybe in September, depending on how nice Game Freak feels. Though honestly the only one I wanted was the tiger and we got that one last gen so I'm not too interested, even if it's the type that gives me my name.

i am now on zuzie's side in wanting this dumb thing you made me read get shut down tomorrow

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it would be incredibly stupid of gamefreak to make another line of fire horses

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

You say this as if Game Freak had never recycled an idea before.

it was stupid those times too

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Are these the "leaks" you mean?

I like that grass mole but don't the starters usually include a lizard or a bird?

i like all three of these, which is my ultimate evidence that it's fake

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the starters look boring but they'll probably evolve into cool guys

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if the monkey is music and the rabbit is sports what entertainment will the water thing be themed after

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xander B Coolridge posted:

If they give that monkey a stupid HA like Own Tempo I'll be disappointed.

What other sound/music based abilities are there?

they could, y'know, make a new ability for it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder what the new thing to replace Z-power and Mega Evolutions will be.

i hope it's just megas again

oh and more regional forms

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clarste posted:

Yes, with all that exotic British wildlife.

the coolest alolan forms (raichu, marowak, ninetales) were based off of culture and folklore, not what animals are in hawaii

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shakespeareow, the Bard Pokemon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dehry posted:

It's going to drive me nuts trying to figure out what this sign says.

cavre?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

flying rock fighting

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Panic Restaurant posted:

I’m thinking if Grookey is a musician and Scorbunny is an athlete, maybe Sobble will be an artist? I mean he’s a chameleon, after all.

also the depression

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so did ultra sun/moon end up being much of an upgrade over the original games? this announcement's got me itching to pokemon again and i only played through moon once when it first came out so like, if ultra's not a huge difference i could probably save the 40 bucks and just play that again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Ya'll ready for Sobble to have Protean as its hidden ability.

don't even joke

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm dead serious. It's a Chameleon, is shown changing colors in the trailer.

living through greninja once was bad enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

This one will be bulkier with higher attacking stats. Enjoy your opponent changing types to ruin your attempt at SE coverage. :unsmigghh:

thank god i don't play singles