Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Aaaagh I can't decide

All I know Fo Sho is that I really, really like Magnemite and Magneton. Magnezone it's been eight years and I'm still not used to the way he looks, because I'm a stupid idiot, but I love that line a lot. They're so CUTE! But also tough, and I love Electric and Steel types, and and and

Guys Pokemon is good IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I just got Alpha Sapphire and I want to know what are good and strong Pokemon to have in my team

Shroomish into Breloom is good, if you didn't pick Tree Swordlizard (or maybe you did, and you just want a good fightin'). Aron can be caught pretty early and is very sturdy. Electrike is probably your earliest possible electric-type, but if you like Magnemite (you like Magnemite) you can get one in New Mauville as soon as you get Surf, or on Route 110 if you get lucky with hordes.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Legendaries aren't really pokemon and if you use one and aren't a literal child you should take a long hard look at your life

You'll take my love of Zapdos from my cold, dead hands, motherfucker, bring it on

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Been running a 5 Ludicolos 1 Sudowoodo team on Showdown and I've made at least three people forfeit thanks to them not expecting a Ludicolo to know Ice Punch.

YO I'm not going to let this post get lost in the sea of talk about hardcore stats. This owns and you keep doing it. KEEP THE MIROR DREAM ALIVE

E: Could be a great gimmick team to run, team exclusively of dance-based Pokemon. Ludicolo, Bellossom, Maractus, Meloetta...

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Zoroark. I don't know, but I don't think so either.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I really like Lucario's design, though, and I never really clicked into Zoroark's the same way, is the big difference. I'm having a hard time explaining why, honestly, but that's how it is on my end.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

For what it's worth, I really DIDN'T like Lucario at first, way back in the day when it was first introduced and its popularity was through the loving roof. Maybe it makes me a hipster but I thought the design was just way too loving busy back then. But it grew on me a lot at some point in Gen 5. I think Smash Bros Brawl helped with that, too.

The thing about forced popularity is that you get a lot more opportunities to see the design in motion, I guess? And the way Lucario moves in Brawl and all the other side properties really helped sell the concept to me.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I picked White SOLELY for Braviary, pretty much, and the drat thing takes fifty-four levels to evolve.

Game Freak needs to go in for some hardcore number tweaking at some point, and also make Luvdisc evolve into Alomomola. Because SERIOUSLY.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

For some reason I was really, insanely chuffed at Giovanni reciting the Team Rocket Mantra at the end of the second short.

Also tactical lockbreaker Magnemite owns a lot, generally speaking these were great shorts.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Zodack posted:

I am confused as to why Magnemite was needed to break the lock on a glass door but they busted in walls with Machamp and Arcanine

Door's probably linked to the security system. You expect people to come in through the door, not through the drat wall. So if they just kick in the door then the Voltorbs drop from the ceiling.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

...GOD DAMNIT

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Zore posted:

My suggestion is to experiment a bit and also get rid of some of the eeveelutions.

The first one yes, the second one why? He's clearly trying to run a gimmick for fun/profit. Changing up moves is good ideas though.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I like the explanation that it's a cultural thing to wear the bones of ancestors, like respectfully.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I could build a big post about nicknames, but off the top of my head, Lunatone and Solrock are always--but always--Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Ahhhh... Mago juice!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Team Rocket used Swagger!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Diamond and Pearl made a bunch of mistakes. Fire type distribution was a bad one. Defog as an HM was also quite bad, I think it got used on one route and then MAYBE Victory Road? Mud was one of my least favorite terrain-type introductions to the series also.

I wouldn't say I HATED them but mistakes were made.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

That I will not debate, many good pals debuted in Gen 4.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Speaking as a guy who's playing COlosseum now for the first time, it's not going to be his walk cycle.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Colosseum is BRUTALLY hard as far as levels go. Not only are you often underleveled compared to your opposition, opportunities to level up are hard to find since your only XP comes from other trainers.

Gale of Darkness did a much better job with balancing the curve.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

It might also be that they have more trainers rendered as models as opposed to just still images.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What if the quiz doesn't give you Rowlet though?

The last few games have let you pick your character if you don't like the outcome of the quiz. Which is nice, since they still make you do the quiz, so you get the option to do either.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

People are just assuming that when Torracat stands up it's going to grow a fighting type and be another fire/fighting, despite looking fire/dark as all hell.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

People are irrationally concerned that if Litten's final form is on two legs it's going to be another Fire/Fighting type, is I think the main concern.

I think it's stupid myself, the design could hardly be more Fire/Dark if it tried.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm going to be doing my best to fill out my living dex before the new game comes out, that way I no longer have to worry about "do I have X, have I used X before", because the answer will be yes for everything! So I can try whatever!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I just look at it as a hobby. I don't have the space for a more classical collecting hobby like coins or bugs, so a hobby that I can fit on a postage-stamp sized piece of plastic is ideal for me.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I was really happy they brought back the first Pokemon in your party following you around :unsmith:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Personally I really think adding yourself as a valid target was a groundbreaking innovation. Sure, some people say you taking one hit and blacking out is onerous, but I think it's realistic.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Getting back to real talk, I would absolutely adore if your Pokemon followed behind you again. That said it might cause some problems now that we've moved away from sprites into full models and something ATTEMPTING to approach real size parity.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

California both seems possible and also has the enormous (and closely-packed) environment variety that Pokemon games want to make use of, don't forget.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

So I'm trying to assemble a living dex, and I've grown kind of sick of fighting the crowd at the Chateau to level dudes up.

What's a really good place to level up a gripload of Pokemon in X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

E: Beaten

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 15, 2016