Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What will everyone's reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revealed to be completely terrible?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm trying to temper the hype. That's an important job!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sky-blue Sylveon is perfect.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Will Pokemon SuMo have romance options

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The plot twist will be that Aether is good, Team Skull are a bunch of ruffians but nothing too villainous, and the bad guy is actually Samson Oak, the black sheep of the prestigious Oak family.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So it is version exclusive evolutions for Rockruff.

Dumb, but oh well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Where tf are the other Eevees coming from. You're not allowed to use that many Pokemon on your team.

Like any other magical girl, they were actually in Eevee's heart all along.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I name many of my Pokemon after Megaman X and Zero bosses.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The single great travesty is that Mimikyu will not have lots of different Pokecostumes to wear.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Slate Action posted:

I want them to return to a Gen 1 philosophy with respect to your rival. In my mind the essential qualities of a Pokemon rival are:

1.) Is legitimate competition ("I already caught 60 kinds, pal") and a major threat in battle
2.) Is a total rear end in a top hat

Your 'legitimate competition' entered the final battle of the game with a Pokemon that had only three moves.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

I do miss every Gym's certified trainer list having your rival's name on it first, hah

Wally starts pulling that off in ORAS. To be fair he wasn't sidetracked dealing with ecoterrorists.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The more I look at the poster the less sense it makes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Zinnia later shows up in a wheelchair so I'm pretty sure the implication is that Rayquaza broke her spine then and there.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You probably can't hear me, but I made a derp noise when I read that tweet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"It's not like we'll ever officially let you have shiny forms of these legendaries anyway."

Actually in response to this they will straight up remove all shinies in the next generation. Starting the slate over. Alternate dimension where shiny Pokemon aren't a thing.

Yes, but next generation will be the generation with Pokemon Fusion and they'll accidentally leave the fused models in, convincing everyone this is the ugliest generation of Pokemon yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I get an SMT demon vibe from some of these dudes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I want a Shiny Alolan Muk.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Should I applaud them for taking 7 generations to figure out that HMs are a poo poo mechanic?

Now to see how they handle Sparkling Diamond/Lustrous Pearl when Gen 4 was the nadir in terms of HM bloat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

When I get the game some time after everyone else does I will just trade some eggs so I can play the game with all three starters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Incineroar is such a beautifully dumb name. I love it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Or we could pick the burning cat and constantly perform the DARKEST LARIATS.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I'm kinda wondering how bad it was needed for B2, because it was just another casualty of my murdertrain Scrafty IIRC.

The B2W2 version is nerfed - it uses Physical moves, has less coverage, and is equipped with a Life Orb that ensures it'll kill itself if you just keep popping Revives.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Injuryprone posted:

Stop giving well designed pokemon bad stats

So basically, stop giving Pokemon bad stats?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

It turns out the reason Kadabra doesn't learn Confusion upon evolving is because of a bug.

Basically what happens is if a Pokemon has less than 4 moves, and is supposed to learn a move upon evolving, the game prioritizes a level 0 move instead, which ends up doing stuff like screwing Kadabra out of Confusion.

Hm, maybe they should have fixed this bug.

Or

Or maybe

Maybe they shouldn't have Pokemon evolution stages that are functionally useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is the level curve on this game messed up? Because I haven't been grinding, just fighting all the trainers I've found and my party is sitting at like level 37 against an average trainer level of 30.

Exp. Share?