Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that fighting crab is amazing

gonna have to rotate a bunch of stuff when I play through the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So are they not doing any new mega evolutions? If not I think that's a huge mistake since it'd do a lot to broaden the meta. Also does anyone know if the Alola forms have higher stats or just the same base stat total but rearranged?

Also I really want this to be real.

should be ghost type imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously ice type will be buffed to have a bunch of resistances so that alola sandslash will be the best sandslash he can be

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oras added a lot of side stuff that's cool but hoenn is still the weakest region and I will always hate that rock you have to break every time you want to go north from the town with the lightning gym

delta episode was v dumb and good tho and I can only hope that gen 7 goes as far in that direction as possible

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I admit I haven't played anything past rby hgss and xy so I don't know about the other guys but is there a main villain/team as incompetent and idiotic as Lysandre and Team Flare?

original rse are by far the worst teams in the history of the franchise

team magma climb to the top of a volcano so they can throw some jet fuel in it and set off an eruption while they're still there at one point in the story

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no for real tho, team aqua/magma constantly pull a string of the dumbest bullshit over the course of the game and their goals a) don't make sense, and b) show a profound lack of understanding for how anything works

"I want to flood the world to help pokemon. but wait... the world is flooding and it's... bad???"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

did they? I forgot about how sapphire handled it since I had ruby and my cousin had sapphire

like for real tho, if it weren't for the protagonist of rse both teams would be straight up dead several times over because they keep pulling the stupidest poo poo. the only reason they didn't burn to death in a volcanic eruption that they themselves cause is because of you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't even know who that is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there were that many members of team flare?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've only ever found shinies in gen 6

first one was a skiddo and I named him golgoat 13. think I have like 5 shinies now, one of which being the delphox I started with when I replayed y

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to show your contempt for luvdisc because it's pathetic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if milotic is a fish, gyarados is a fish

it has fins and everything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those ain't whale fins

look at that thing, it's fishy as poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought milotic was an eel or something

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dunban posted:

Does anyone in this thread know what a fish is

a fish is a gyarados, milotic, or shark

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

plankton aren't fish!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What's a good fire Pokemon to have in Alpha Sapphire and why are fire Pokemon always so rare to find in these games
Alternatively would someone trade me a good and cool fire Pokemon? I hear good things about Numel/Camerupt but Fire Ground woof

torchic

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well torchic is the only good gen 3 fire type but I guess you could use a numel or something

I think vulpix and growlithe are on mt pyre

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Johto only has 100 new Pokemon, a decent chunk of which are evolutions/babies of Kanto Pokemon. You might want to rethink this run.

cool gen 2 pokemon (not including the starters or things that evolve from/to gen 1 pokemon) for your consideration:

mareep
houndour
chinchou
phanpy
larvitar
sneasel
wooper
misdreavus
murkrow
heracross

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah there are enough to do it, but is it practical or fun, especially early game?

you can get heracross, mareep, and phanpy before the 3rd gym. if you're going for stuff that evolves into gen 2 exclusives, such as crobat, you can get basically a full team of good and usable pokemon very early

e: also wooper

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 28, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember getting phanpy at the very beginning of the game by setting my game timer to morning and crawling through the grass at the little patch you can access that leads back to the eight gym city I can't remember the name of. sneasel's in the ice dungeon in crystal but idk about the others

if we're talking about hgss, idk where anything is in that game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make scald twice as powerful and let it burn 100% of the time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make a burn equivalent for toxic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I should be able to make a choice betwen trading a dunsparce in at the end of the game for infinite master balls or just eating it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I have no strong feelings for dunsparce one way or the other

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it were really the most forgettable pokemon, how do you remember what it is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's impossible to forget lumineon because it's used as an example every time this conversation comes up

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

phione doesn't deserve to exist

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't understand why people get upset when they get something they think might have been hacked

who cares, how does it affect you at all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

blitzball was terrible

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who cares if it's hacked

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zoroark and lucario are ok I guess

it's hard to have strong opinions on zoroark because it was event only in gen 5 and near the end of the game in 6

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oddium posted:

i don't recognize any music except for most of the gen 1 stuff and its derivatives. i guess i usually play with sound off now

yea same

I remember thinking the original champion theme was way cool when I was a kid

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nodoze posted:

You take that back, that theme is awsome

that's what I said???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cynthia was the most fun champion to fight because she had the best team and was the closest to resembling any kind of challenge

I respect alder for his correct choice of using volcarona however

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I see the GTS is still people asking for level 100 event legendaries in return for measly version exclusives. Can I just throw something reasonable up if I'm just trying to fill a hole in the Pokedex and wait for someone to bite, or is there no hope at all?

scizor can buy you almost anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trade evos all work pretty well for other trade evos

also trade evos suck

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Barry is the loving best rival just for being the only one allowed to have a good team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

blue had a goddamn pidgeot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what's better, the pokerap or the digimon rap

Countblanc posted:

Please do not contaminate my thread with the shrugging guy emoticon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯