Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The level curve is kinda brutal in XY if you turn off the exp share, huh

It doesn't help that I'm spreading exp six ways among five pokemon, because Farfetch'd is such a worthless bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

what the heck is a princess key

It's like a contest victory medal except not for contests because Kalos doesn't have those

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope all gen I only moves become egg moves in Gwen VII

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Starsnostars posted:

But the Machamp wouldn't have the gen 7 equivalent of the blue pentagram so may not be allowed on battlespot.

Why wouldn't it, presuming the transfer method at least clears up completely illegal things (which it would have to do anyways because otherwise the bank will be overrun with missingnos)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Competitive Pokemon: I lost because I predicted my opponent doing the smart move and instead they did something that makes no goddamn sense

They just next leveled you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ghosts of people are just Mimikyus wearing human clothes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I personally enjoy when video games have rough edges and weird poo poo that isn't perfectly designed hiding in it to explore. Pokemon would, to me, be lessened if it were more balanced.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

Somebody post that image with all the glitches and poo poo wrong with Pokem RB

There is something as too much of a good thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Gen 2 has many strong designs

Espeon and Tyranitar aren't "many"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's been a while since I played but isn't the climax of Pokemon Conquest you discovering you're a chosen of Arceus?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean, most legendaries are still just rare pokemon that are powerful without needing a level of cosmic importance

Yveltal is just a bird with high stats don't think too hard about it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hoppanero is an incredible pokemon name

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I always assumed that the leagues were like Iron Chef and you don't actually get the title of champion by beating them, you just get to say you beat them.

This requires intense mental gymnastics to account for the ending of RBY but makes all the other games make more sense.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How the gently caress is Ludicolo not on everybody's favorite list?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can never hate Vanilluxe because of this comic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I regret that on this replay of XY I set out to use Pokemon I had never used before, rather than banking in a level 5 team of the most elegant mons around

Gardevoir, Milotic, Froslass, Lilligant, Meowstic

and Garchomp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like that it takes a bit of time to add a pokemon to a competitive team because it makes you more attached to them. The time time investment it currently takes is way too much though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You mean you didn't enjoy scoring once and then kiting endlessly???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lezard_valeth posted:

To this I forgot to add
- Super Secret Bases with more "Make your own home made Gym" options.
- Pokemon walk behind you

Just add every single loving feature that was introduced in the past and removed for no raisin and just make the best Pokemon game ever gdi

They're saving all those features for the pokemon MMO

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would be literally the opposite of mad to run into a shiny gible

Though honestly at this point I'd take literally any shiny, the only one I've ever seen was in GSC and it was a self-destructing graveler.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

who cares if it's hacked
hacked pokemon don't deserve love

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In HGSS I once asked someone for any pokemon with active pokerus. I ended up with a Shaymin, which I can only assume was hacked and which I released as soon as it had done its job

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lucario is okay but not amazing. Zoroark is terrible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like Hufflepuff

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite pokemon song is the little piano riff that plays while Cyntia is talking to you, before the battle starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0At5MXUoM

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

basically everything about cynthia is the best, in my opinion

You're not wrong

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am about to buy that nendo at pax for no shipping

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tbp posted:

aegislash is such an unreasonably good pokemon if it were legal i could not actually see myself making a team without it.

Same but garchomp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yo-kai Watch is an extremely grindy crossover event with Final Fantasy XIV

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Didn't the French twitter say we'd get the stage two starters in the next reveal? Where are they?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So Jangmo-o is definitely the first stage of the new pseudo legendary, right

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
These games are gonna be so good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope Jangmo-o is available in a midgame route like Goomy was instead of late or postgame like so many pseudos were.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I thought Salamence came later, and I was counting Metagross, is my defence

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The small ones are twins and the big one is their big sister

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ConanThe3rd posted:

Really? Couldn't tell in amongst all the stupid bullshit like 156 new designs (A lot of them reaching "Shoe" levels of taking the piss and yes and I'm talking about that stupid ice cream cone and the bin bag), scaling EXP (like, punishingly so), a villain team that, whilst trying to present a nuanced argument about humans and pokemon, was blatantly evil except for N who ranges from the genuinely stupid to a complete creep and Best Wishes the less of which said the better.

Scaling exp was actually cool because it meant that you wouldn't overlevel past any challenge, and rotating something into your team didn't shoot yourself in the foot.

Also, the ice cream cones are amazing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Reinanigans posted:

the best gym leaders

I did the math and BW loses to B2W2

GSC actually has a surprisingly solid set of gym leaders too for how garbage Johto is otherwise

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

What were the differences between bw and b2w2? Did it have the same starters and main characters and gym leaders or were they different?

They're direct sequels set in the same region. The map expands a bit to include Poke-New Jersey, a few of the gym leaders change, the pokedex is wildly expanded, and you get the usual slew of third version enhancements. Plot is completely different (since it's a sequel) instead of being slightly different like in Emerald or Platinum. The starters are the same.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Reinanigans posted:

And most importantly of all, they introduce the World Tournament. Have you ever wanted to battle literally all the past gym leaders and champions (sadly not the Elite 4) with fairly intelligent teams? Then B2W2 is the game for you!

Oh yeah, and the pokémon movies mini-game which I didn't care for, but I know a lot of people liked. It's the second most interesting mini-game behind Pokéathalon, though Poké-Finder looks like it will become the new #1.

True to form, everything cool or interesting added in a third version or remake is immediately thrown into the trash can and forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just spend two hours reorganizing my pokemon bank only to have it inform me, right as I tried to save my changes, that the connection had dropped and then, instead of reconnecting and saving, just throwing away everything without so much as a prompt

The entire bank really is a lovely piece of software