Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason i really like castform, even to this day. the whole weather form thing is fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like there's a non-zero percent chance of the protag in sun/moon befriending team skull after a big misunderstanding and working with them to save the islands.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

if it means I can buy/be given their outfit, then I'm completely down with this.

Nah, gently caress that, I wanna be friends with Team Skull whether I can dress up as them or not. I just really want their clothes

with the way they're being presented, as kind of a misfit gang of people who couldn't cut it, i really get the feeling that they're going to come off as entirely bad at first but over time you all actively work together to save the islands. because, you know, without the islands team skull doesn't exactly have a home and it's more important to preserve that than to just gently caress around and block off roads or whatever hoodlum poo poo they're going to be doing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really liked team rocket in the games in general. they were doing small-time poo poo but it actually seemed kind of natural.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm late to this discussion but magcargo is one of the best pokemon. i don't care about stats, because all that matters for a pokemon is how it looks. and magcargo is amazing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xad posted:

Hotslime Miami

that would only be if it got an alolan form

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if slugma/magcargo don't get an alolan form i'm going to cry

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if i remember right, pokemon uranium added an evolution for dunsparce where at a high level it learns skyfall and then once it levels while knowing that it'll turn into a dragon/flying thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The Bee posted:

I can't believe my dead mom was a Dunsparce all along.

was the dead mom thing ever actually confirmed or are people just assuming

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

most of uranium's designs hit this weird, uncanny feeling where it comes off like the artist doesn't exactly 'get' pokemon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's funny to compare it to pokemon sage which isn't close to being done from what i understand, but they have a complete pokedex and sprites for like 99% of them and they all look great and like they could actually show up in a real pokemon game. then you compare it to uranium and they sort of look like discount knockoffs

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

trubbish and the ice cream cones are literal light years better than probopass in every way

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those also suck but they're not as entirely 100% unappealing as probopass is. kind of like weird knockoffs at worst

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/wiki/Titanice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they even have good sprites, too

also a bonus of koblin and its two evolutions, koberus and kobalt, which it evolves into if it hits the certain level while either outside or inside respectively

(typings are dark, dark/fire, and dark/steel)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also i think i was the person who said that we live in the worst possible universe because pokemon sage is in development hell and pokemon uranium is one of very few fangames that are 100% complete. seriously, the sage pokedex is so good

e: although it looks like a thread for it is put up on 4chan's poke board every sunday and a new one was posted just yesterday with a progress update. they plan to just finish everything instead of releasing more demos inbetween

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 30, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So the fire is outside and the steel is inside?

yeah

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Koblin
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Koberus
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Kobalt

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

being mean to the exploud line is illegal, for the record

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sharrrk posted:

give me competitive dress up

i actually enjoyed the pokemon contests with all the moves being classified as 'beautiful' or 'cool' or whatever and the whole minigame attached to that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

"Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata’s main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Raticate serve as their bosses. As a countermeasure to the exploding Rattata population in the Alola region, Yungoos were imported and released. To better avoid Yungoos, Rattata changed their preferred environments and circadian rhythms. These adaptations to their new environment led to their changed form. They pay no attention to foods that aren’t fresh."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's mirroring an event that actually happened in hawaii. farmers brought in mongoose to help get rid of the rat population that was booming but the rats were nocturnal and the mongoose isn't, so

it didn't really work

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whenever people say that gen 1 had a perfect selection of pokemon compared to nowadays i sort of wonder just what the hell they spent their time looking at when they played red/blue.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

digimon transcend the ideas of 'good' and 'bad' and exist in their own category entirely

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

non-evil people don't make their own goddamn island out in the sea, so i'm definitely betting on aether being the Actual Villains

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

team skull crimes: stealing pokemon, i guess???

team aether crimes: artificial island, probably experiments on pokemon because lmao at the idea of street punks having the tech to do that, look like villains

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

this but unironically

yeah, same

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but honestly, if there's a theme of weird, artificial pokemon made to fight legendaries and whatever the hell that jellyfish thing is then i'm probably going to assume that the techy-looking group that built their own island is more liable to be involved than the street punks who are squatting out in the road and trying to sell pokemon for cash

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i, for one, am a fan of the vito corleone rat

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dr. Fetus posted:

You know, taking a closer look at Type: Null's helmet, that really doesn't look like Arceus' golden wheel thing. It's just a bunch of spokes sticking out of the neck area.

i feel like it's probably intentionally supposed to resemble it somewhat. something like that doesn't just coincidentally get designed that way. especially given the thing's description.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

golem also looks worse than graveler and can only be gotten from trading in the first gen games. who the gently caress ever had a golem?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'all the later gens have terrible-looking pokemon'

*knobbly rock with a face on it named golem rolls by*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Elfgames posted:

it's also a dumb frisbee looking thing

yeah, cresselia does look like poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

I'll give you Feraligatr, Greninja and I consider Gen IV a tie (basically the strongest group of designs in the series) so you can count Empoleon.

But this is manifestly not true for Gen 1, 3 or 5.

Seriously though, all the Gen IV starters are amazing.

why are you being rude to swampert

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

swampert is a solid mid-tier design, the kind that is the backbone and standard for pokemon. it just doesn't really stand out in literally any way. Sceptile then has the issue of being extremely good except for the weird and off-putting christmas tree tail, which sucks because Grovyle may be the best 2nd stage pokemon in the series. Blaziken wins mostly by default here tbh because it is a fire kicking chicken.

best designs

Venasaur, Feraligatr, Blaziken, 3-way tie, Serperior, Greninja.

but what about this, huh????

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the cyndaquil line is great and haters can vacate

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if rhyperior really counts as 'overdesigned' as much as 'doesn't need to exist'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

less laughter posted:

Then who else is going to shoot Geodudes from their hands.

why not the head...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i actually like the further evolutions such as electivire and magmortar, but something about rhyperior seems weird. maybe because rhydon was one of giovanni's 'things' in the early games and it feels odd for there to just magically be a further evolution.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wouldn't say that's overdesigned. It's a horrible design, it looks terrible and whoever decided it should be included needs to get fired immediately if they haven't gotten fired yet, but it isn't because it's overdesigned, just because it's bad and it saddens me that something as great as Rhydon becomes that.

yeah, its biggest crime is that it looks goofy as gently caress and rhydon already looked pretty great + was a cool high-level evolution. electabuzz looks weird, but electivire looks better so it works out. hell, even elekid looks better than electabuzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cradily is the superior fossil from gen 3