Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A local game shop offered to let me trade in my Pokemon Heart Gold + Pokewalker for a copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon. Should I be taking this deal? They're a legit shop but I just wanna know whether I'm getting stiffed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What are some useful websites for catching Pokemon and whatnot?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm about to fight my first trial in that cave and I still haven't found any Pokemon that I really want to use yet. Sucks that all the cool stuff often come mid to late game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have never been able to find an intuitive way to remember the type advantages/weaknesses of the Fairy type. Like, it just doesn't make sense to me what it's super effective/weak again. Anybody got an idea?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Zore posted:

to be fair, Gen IV was the absolute nadir of HMs with 8 you had to work onto your team. That's 2 entire pokemon's movepools.

also it meant you always had to have a water type since surf was so ubiquitous.
Surf is a legit good move though. And the games are packed with water types. It was never a problem.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mallow is a weird name

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

First Pokemon I met on Route 4 was an Eevee and first thing it called was an Umbreon. :c00l:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stoutland Search is insanely annoying to use. Will I miss anything important by not using it at all? I don't care for potions and such, thinking more about TMs.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is there any reason to turn off Exp Share if, say, there's a Pokemon in my party that I don't plan to use? How much EXP am I "wasting"?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Andrast posted:

You don't lose XP by using Exp Share, it's just extra. I turn it off to preserve some difficulty.
That seems insanely overpowered. They would have done just as well if it reduced the EXP that the active Pokemon got.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just found Wimpods and was so loving happy to finally have a fast but defensively weak Pokemon to use. Then I checked what it evolved into :cripes:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just caught an Oranguru. When they were registering its Pokedex entry, there was a blank slot next to it, like where evolved forms usually go. But Oranguru doesn't evolve... right?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Say what you will about the new games but I'm glad there aren't insanely long sections where you face only Zubat or Geodude or Tentacool anymore

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

When do you get actually good TMs

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Did you know you could tap on the opponent Pokemon in battle to see their type?

How have I not known this until now, I've wasted so many attacks on Pokemon with weird and unusual and unclear types

e: this works only for pokemon already in your pokedex, sucks

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 26, 2016

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's kinda lame to fight Guzma several times within a not-very-long span of time. They need to learn to save up their Big Bad.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They take two steps away from grinding and one step back. It seems challenging for them to conceive a system where you could get cool and good things without doing an incredible amount of mind-numbing repetitive tasks.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Golden Gael posted:

I've been doing a dotting exercise tonight by taking stock art and doing it in the style of Yellow's sprites. Some have turned out well, but others are...grotesque.

Pokemon yellow had the best sprites

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They may have sorta done away with the hierarchy of types, but it’s still frustrating that some Pokemon are completely useless. Who can actually use Ariados or Farfetch’d or Dunsparce?

Some of them have gimmicks and that makes things somewhat better. Like Chimecho can use Heal Bell. And Sableye has no weakness. But many are just pointless or irredeemable.

I think it’s lazy design.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why is Flygon a ground type. Its pre-evos I understand but isn’t the thing basically a giant dragonfly

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ve played every game but have zero ability to discern the generation of post-4th gen Pokemon. Like you could show me any one of them and I couldn’t tell you which gen it was from.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

scorbit would be a better name than scorbunny imo

rabbit, bunny

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

either way I can't believe they have TWO starters with the same first letter in their names. what the gently caress gamefreak

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

is the grass thing a monkey? why do we need another monkey. there's a poo poo ton of animals out there they can take inspiration from

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"joke's on you guys this game is actually based on SCOTLAND"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Very much looking forward to the Pokémon world equivalent of cheeky nando’s