Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
So what I'm getting from this is that the games have an inverted R/S thing going.

In Sun, Skull are the villains, Expansion is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Skull to make a fortune selling.

In Moon, Aether are the villains, Beauty is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Aether to keep and "protect."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dunban posted:

The roles of the teams are not version dependent.

Fact or opinion?

Because that's what I was originally thinking, but given that we basically know the Ultra Beasts are or are directly related to the blonde trio and that UB-Skull attacks Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-Aether attacks him in Moon, I'm inclined to disagree.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Uh what? When was that last part said or shown?

Corocoro when they confirmed version exclusivity.

Can't see the bottom one well on the serebii scan, but it's confirmed to be the same scene with Beauty instead of Expansion.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dunban posted:

Expansion doesn't resemble any character shown so far.

Also, if the teams were version exclusive, they would've revealed that when they first announced Team Skull.

1st thing: Gladion's color scheme and shoulder/collar spikes.

2nd thing: I didn't say the teams were version exclusive, I said who plays the villains is version exclusive. Like Ruby and Sapphire.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
The scene I was talking about yesterday:

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
So I'm loving this generation's Dex entries. They're kinda dark, but not much worse than the kinds of things actual animals do to one another and would do to people if we didn't have such a huge advantage through technology. Basically it makes the world seem more like a proper ecosystem and also goes a long way to making it clear why the people of this world decided they needed a convenient way of capturing and taming these things accessible to anyone.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
On the subject of serious gamers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPknLuhbXek

I have gone too far down the rabbit hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Based on the colors of sword shield and the non-present wand

Final Scorbunny - High spd and def
Final Grookey - High Spc Atk and Spc Def
Final Sobble - High Atk and HP