Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i expanded my list

behold, the best mons

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

The Arceus distribution says "With a special flute, Arceus could be encountered in the Hall of Origin in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl." Why are Nintendo allowed to spread these lies?

it's no lie, you could do it, with an action replay.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Txn posted:

Any nickname suggestions for slugma?

The slugma in question:

name it tomorrow. cuz it's always a day away

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

GreyPowerVan posted:

I don't see any similarities between those 3 mons whatsoever.

what? they're all blue

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i hope we get some cool new balls in Alola.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
anyone who doesn't want to see an upgraded sinnoh underground can get the heck out of this thread.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Not sure if we've had this discussion already, but what are everyone's least favorite pokemon?

Alola raichu

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

cancerianmoth posted:

Pretty sure GF still has no clue what they are doing in some aspects of the game. Like movepools that doesn't match the ability- poor flareon. I wish they would just revamp movepools . Don't even care if they don't change the stats bc now we know they are doing megas/alolan/whatever. I would totally use Carbink (edit: carbink was a bad example) if it's movepool had more to it. Like Kingler- it has sheer force but no waterfall, or much else that would support it better.

kingler has crabhammer

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ruggington posted:

zoroark is a kabuki fox and that's cool

lucario is a jackal with dreads and that's cool but i don't like the spikes. riolu is a good pupper

zoroark has a weird posture and it makes him less cool

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah, Kamen Rider Digimon was pretty rad, actually. Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

Nah man it was bad, like the base idea is okay but even in the fist few episodes when the other kids got their digimon transformations it still ended up with one of the two main characters actually saving the day. Adventure and 02 may have made some more important than others but at least when one of the lesser digimon got a new form they actually got to be the hero.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Emalde posted:

the trailer goes out of its way to separate them against the split apart background

because they are rivals

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also I am so hype for Type: Null because because that thing was definitely created to stop palkia and dialga and i feel like it increases the chance of a gen 4 remake

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

non-evil people don't make their own goddamn island out in the sea, so i'm definitely betting on aether being the Actual Villains

hey maybe they aren't evil they're just libertarians

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

But then they'd be evil

no they could just be stupid

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

LemonLimeTime posted:

Hmm, you're right, both Pokemon are illustrated by the same guy!!!

"To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

yeah there's definitely no way it could be related to arceus

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

capitalism is evil, friend

well it's a good thing that devon corp literally hands you like all their products for free

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm sure the poor poke-indian children are happy to know their slave labor wasn't even worth actual money

lol if you think those were made by people and not like Elgyem being paid in moldy poffins

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Silph Co. made a machine specifically so you could hunt and capture dead souls.

Also they have a loving teleporter maze in their main offices. How does that not scream 'supervillain'.

Woah i'm with you on the first part but if i have the money and the technology drat right i'm putting a teleporter maze in my office

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ok so type: null has me interested in the connection it has with Sinnoh so i'm gonna drop a bunch of dumb predictions Maybe giratina isgoing/has gone wild and since nintendo won't release the azure flute nobody can summon arceus to stop him so scientists decide to make their own arceus by liike combining all the pokemon DNA and after getting a few mew and ditto they Create Type: Null sadly not an Arceus Also there's A Zstone for every type And a plate for every type So i think they'll be related and maybe used to power up Type: Null. And maybe when Arceus Holds A Zstone it makes judgement into a badass typed Zmove

Also i think we'll be Getting Zmoves for Roar of Time and Spacial Rend maybe refined from the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs

And i think the littlest edgelord stole his Type:Null from the lab after reading silver's book Professors always leave the windows open or how i got a chikorita and you can tooI

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Rather than actually being her it could be a psuedo pokemon creature that was created by the Aether foundation performing bad science, with her as the test subject. So the ultra beasts aren't actually people but weird monsters created as reflections of people they performed experiments on.

Its probably all Lusamine's fault for being a bad mom.

well Lusamine said she wanted to protect the pokemon of other worlds too so maybe they broke open to another dimension and the ultra beasts came through and are mimicking things and that one is mimicking the little girl.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Geodude and roggenrola should switch names

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

And Golem isn't even a Golem. Heck, he's not even kosher.

only graveler was decently named

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

Geodude comes from geode + dude, so it's actually a pretty clever name. But yeah, Golem is probably the laziest/most unimaginative name from gen I, along with Seel and Persian. Electrode and Gloom are different from those because they can at least double as electric + explode and glume + bloom, respectively.

jarbv posted:

he better be in some early routes because he was announced early :arghfist:

geodude

I'm not saying geodude is a bad name you dummies i'm saying geodude is a bad name for a rock that is said to travel by rolling instead of the pokemon that is a Geode and possibly a dude

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

no the pixies are

the pixies should have become fairy type.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

Weird thing to get so hung up on.

Lunala is a :ghost:. There are many other ghosts in the series that don't have legs either, like Misdreavus, Mismagius, Shuppet, Duskull, Dusknoir, Haunter, Phantump, etc.

it's also a dumb frisbee looking thing

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sort by type then gen then alphabetically

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sharrrk posted:

Jesus Christ

it's the objectively best way, i mean i cant do it because it would take like hours but it's the best way.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

please put the pokemon in boxes with wallpapers matching their preferred environment so they are more comfortable

this is why i sort them by type

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i will riot if i can't get my wherewolf pupper in pokemon sun

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

i cant wait to fight Pokemon League Champion Guzma in Pokemon Moon 2

It's possible that alola isn't league affiliated and that's why aether set up their seastead there also you earn money putting Pyukumuku back in the water because pokemon centers aren't free there.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
team aether was doing research to defeat giratina and accidentally released the UB's from another dimension/r'lyeh and they just mimic the first person they see

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah that really wasn't a good move, preventing people from using any of the old Pokemon in case they didn't like any of the new ones. Especially with incredibly divisive designs such as the Klink, Trubbish, and Vanillite lines.

yeah they need such great designs such as: Ball (guess which one i mean)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Space T Rex posted:

Wow lots of bad onions I'm seeing!

Also I've never understood this argument. Simple design =/= bad design. They are pretty much pokeballs with eyes which makes no sense in like, lore. Like what are the odds? But in terms of just design they're pretty unique and interesting I think.

This is opposed to say, a key ring which is about as unique and interesting as a key ring.

except gen 1 had a poo poo ton of pokemon that were pretty much ball pokemon.

Klefki is a trickster spirit that steals keys which is the exact thing that would have been blamed on a fairy in olden days and it's adorable.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Delphox is an old hag witch pokemon and I'm not sure how you could possibly hate that.

It has dumber pants fur than blaziken

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
meganium is adorable and is the best designed of the gen 2 starters even if it is garbage competitively also i named my blaziken KickinWing

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexie posted:

I didn't realize that Probopass had freaking Options. I guess it makes sense, since Nosepass is a Moai head.

I want to train one now. :3:

how do you not notice this? do you not read pokedex entries?

"it exudes strong magnetism from all over. It controls three small units called Mini-Noses."

"It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions."

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Space T Rex posted:

Apparently even the pokedex can't decide what they are.

one of them is showing it's yolk it's an egg

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Actual overdesigned Pokemon

lol It's not even that complex about the only thing i would change is the top litle horn

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

HoneyBoy posted:

is this loss

it's lost about 6 championship tournaments