Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think a BOTW style pokemon game could be pretty good if they took a cue from the mystery dungeon games and had you just play a pokemon in a world of pokemon, personality tests to determine what your playing as included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

So what you want is an open-world mystery dungeon. Never played the series, but I've heard of the personality test thing, it sounds neat but I wonder how many people just cheat to get the pokemon they like.

Eh, sorta. The PMD games always had you be some schmuck who gets turned into a pokemon by someone/thing or another to save the pokemon world for reasons the plot may or may not justify. I feel like that would be a good vehicle for an open world game of semi aimless roaming within a pokemon setting. They're could be all kinds of weird environmental interactions with the type of the pokemon your playing as to really mix things up on a replay or something. Like a fire type would need significantly more preparations and equipment to manage the swamp area while if you were playing a squirtle you'd walk right in.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I watched the I Choose You movie because Let's Go has got me on a big pokemon kick and now I need to know if all humans in this show are Ghost types on the downlow or is it just Ash?.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

You got it backwards
uncomfortably many ghost types were once humans

Yeah but like, He vanished into light then just walked back from the afterlife, no harm no foul. Like not even as a Haunter or something, Dude has clearly been a ghost this whole time.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

He got back with help from Ho-Oh and Pikachu - he's literally Sacred Ash

He also showed off how stupidly durable pokeworld humans are, because it took two rounds of attacks from the possessed pokemon to actually obliterate him

I guess another feather poofed in right after that and Marshadow skedaddled so yeah in retrospect that was likely Big Bird. That said the most absurd thing I've seen a poke human take is still probably Giovonni brushing off Mewtwo's Rocket HQ demolishing explosion despite being directly in front of him at the time.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Man there was nothing like being in the theatre and not knowing the now viral twist and suddenly Pikachu speaks. The whole theater gasped in shock.

I'm of the personal opinion that moment loving ruled and you'd have to be a soulless monster to laugh at it

See I didn't know about that and found it genuinely jaw dropping, though I'm assuming it was more Ash has a perfect understanding of Pikachu then him actually speaking English. I think my primary gripe about the movie is that Verity and Sorrel seemed unnecessary and if you cut them out they may have found room to fit in Bulbasaur or Squirtle.

I liked that Charmander didn't turn into a dick after he evolved. :unsmith:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want to be friends with Soccer Rabbit, Monkey is cute and Frog had really better step up it's game if it doesn't want to go down as shittier Froakie.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

:hai:

Grouchio posted:

SWORD. AND SHIELD.

SERIOUSLY!?!? :psyboom:

What, were you betting on Soup or Salad?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
For real though is the legendary gonna just gonna be Aegislash? Do I have to pull a sword from a stone to get crowned champion?

How Irish will the rival be?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

it's been five hours, and there's enough fanart to cover a city block

Has you been existing under the impression that Pokemon is not one of the most important things in the world?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So the elite four are gonna be based on Hogwarts houses right?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Grave

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Reik posted:

The first letter is most likely an F.

Oh wait, we already know the F. hmm.

a 'W' for the third letter seems likely?

I'd say the first letter is an N, it's the unown alphabet with no eyes and sideways or upside down or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like all these fanciful UK looking locations in the trailer and then you just have that sci-fi monstrosity pokemon gym 20 seconds in.