Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'll help!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought it was an illegal modification to send it into space

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

It's better then another not-pikachu mono electric.

It's basically the not-pikachu or pikachu related thing tradition to be related to a gimmick of the gen. Pichu = breeding/baby pokemon, Plusie/Minium = Doubles, and Alola Raichu, well, alola formes.

Not surprised at all, but a little bummed Gen 7 won't get any remake games. Hope they go all out with the post game legendary availability in USUM and even throw in a mythical or two like they did in ORAS.

You forgot Togedemaru you monster

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

A lot of people consider the Switch a console first and portable second. Nintendo home consoles have never had a mainline Pokemon game yet, so some people are entertaining the idea of a 4DS or something.

im the time travel slider on the hypertop

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

s2g if they put the tutor at the battle tree or some poo poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the game's code allows for three types now

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Here's the thing about nicknaming legendaries. They already have a name.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If you aren't naming your Zapdos "Nicofly Telsa" then you have failed as a Pokemon Trainer.

im happy to be a failure of a pokemon trainer if successful pokemon trainers are this embarassing

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I genuinely doubt you care about Tierno and Trevor, no one cares about Tierno and Trevor.

You have a particularly interesting idea of what relatable is if you consider the mafia relatable. Team Skull is by far the most relatable because the characters are written in a way that's very much realistic, they're just normal people that went off the right path, hosed up in life, and now feel everything was against them and search for comfort in the closet thing to a family they could find. They're basically a real gang.

Team Rocket's competition for relatability:
Complete morons who want to unleash an ancient god upon the world and have done exactly no research into what effects this could have.
Complete morons who are just doing what a really weird man told them to, and his plan is to erase reality and start over.
PETA. Then the bits of PETA who are actually just assholes deep down.
Rich dickheads who are absolutely fine with every other human being killed as long as they, personally, survive, and worst of all they think those suits look good.
Team Skull.

Rocket just want to get paid and spotted a niche they could fill: Dirty, dirty crime.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ho-Oh and Lugia used their HG/SS music in ORAS too, I guess because they were original themes to those games rather than remixes from gen 2.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

E: Ignore this I can't count

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

double team and minimize are stupid annoying bullshit that's no fun to play against or use and takes the game down to rolling dice, I'm a huge prick

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Outrage's Japanese name is Imperial Rage, that's pretty dragony.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zoran posted:

They both do 1/8 except in gen 3, when Iron Barbs did not exist.

What had Iron Barbs in gen 4?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Actual release order:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: with the amount of mons... no thanks.

I think they meant like, pokes in the regional dex that you have registered in Bank should count towards the shiny charm.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

What a boring promotion. They have a chance to rerelease all those legendaries that can't be obtained in-game, instead they release the normal ones that can be easily found anyways.

The only interesting thing there is the shiny Zygarde, but it's another store promotion so I guess I'll wait and ask for one once it gets released.

Another moment where I wonder why they bothered with a wi-fi distribution system. Oh well.

They gave all the mythicals out for the 20th, like, last year.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Golbat is perfectly viable if you give it eviolite and make it fat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They were also designed for the original Game Boy, so...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's also a rare pokemon in that first area, it has the prestige value of having to spend however long grinding to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's evil about an in game trade for a trade evolution? Sounds pretty good to me.