Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Why the gently caress isn't Magikarp flopping on its side?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Just make Farfetch'd your designated Flyer. That way he'll always be your friend even all the way through the postgame.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

greatn posted:

My son just watched an episode where Serena won her third princess key and he got so excited and happy it made me tear up. And then she finds out her next phase of achieving her goal is the exact opposite direction of Ash's last gym badge, Ash puts his hand on her shoulder and says "There's no question, we're going to do your thing".

Man, what a loving great kid. gently caress the haters, I don't care if he doesn't win championships, he's the most solid dude in anime and a great role model. I think my wife and son and I are going to dress as Ash, Serena, and Frogadier for Halloween.

That's so cool. Ash sounds like he's becoming a pretty good dude. I haven't seen too many people hating on Ash for losing the finals. I've seen a lot of hate on Alain for being one hell of a Mary Sue.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

What's a good fire Pokemon to have in Alpha Sapphire and why are fire Pokemon always so rare to find in these games
Alternatively would someone trade me a good and cool fire Pokemon? I hear good things about Numel/Camerupt but Fire Ground woof

Camerupt is great. It gets a lot of great moves through level up, TMs, and DexNav (I used one with Earth Power). Don't worry too much about a 4x weakness. If you're not one to leave a Pokemon in against something it's weak to then it doesn't really matter.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

notoriousman posted:

You can get a (female) Geodude from dark cave or route 46 and solo the first 3 gyms with it.

Geodude is the loving queen of Johto.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I recently did a playthrough of Crystal trying to use Johto Pokes but there was one girl I couldn't resist:

Typhlosion (M)
Golem (F)
Jumpluff (M)
Slowking (M)
Heracross (M)
Crobat (M)

E: I just opened the game to check the gender and got called for a rematch by Hiker Anthony. I remember the first time he upgraded his team his Machop went up to Machamp but now he has a Machoke in its place. I think a found a script error.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 28, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Manatee Cannon posted:

cool gen 2 pokemon (not including the starters or things that evolve from/to gen 1 pokemon) for your consideration:

mareep
houndour
chinchou
phanpy
larvitar
sneasel
wooper
misdreavus
murkrow
heracross

Sneasel is actually an awful Gen II Pokemon. It's a pretty good Gen IV Pokemon though.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember getting phanpy at the very beginning of the game by setting my game timer to morning and crawling through the grass at the little patch you can access that leads back to the eight gym city I can't remember the name of.

Those Phanpy are a pain. They're incredibly rare, have a real bad catch rate, and will run if they break outta your ball.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

ConanThe3rd posted:

The writers clearly had a plan but made a complete hash of executing it in a way that doesn't the audience throwing chairs into the ring.

Alain basically went from "Side story protagonist with Charizard, Mega Evolution and Team Flare" to "X-Pac: Avatar of the writers."

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the show other than seeing the league final because of hype but this is along the lines of what I've been hearing. Apparently the Team Flare conflict is supposed to be the resolution to all this rather than the Pokemon League which is kinda weird since the league is usually the last big thing that wraps up the main story.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

oddium posted:

does this help

Not even Bulbagarden staff believe this poo poo.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So did you guys know for sure the wondertraded Pokemon was hacked or did you just assume it was because it was shiny?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

OHKO moves like Fissure and Horn Drill were 100% based around speed and Blastoise was a slow fucker

Fissure Blastoise is a legit speedrun strategy. In Gen I X-Accuracy ignores all accuracy checks so you just oneshot everything on the ground and Blizzard any flying foes. Also Blizzard has 90 accuracy in Gen I so swap Ice Beam out for that if you need more power.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 1, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I've come to believe that Professor Sycamore's assistants were the ones who were supposed to find Zygarde but then they realized they scored a Hawaiian vacation so they decide to dump that quest on us.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
People shouldn't be forced to wear hats, but Pokemon should definitely wear hats.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
All the Samurott hate has made Gamefreak swear off quadruped fully-evolved starters.

You loving assholes!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Lusamine = Um, Aliens

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Did they really not know that Giovanni was the Viridian Gym Leader?!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Geostomp posted:

Rock/Bug. It and its Rock/Grass counterpart are the forgotten fossils.

You're a forgotten fossil

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually like the further evolutions such as electivire and magmortar, but something about rhyperior seems weird. maybe because rhydon was one of giovanni's 'things' in the early games and it feels odd for there to just magically be a further evolution.

Did you know in the manga he's the one who discovered Rhyperior.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Zore posted:

I'm just not sure who to give up???

Type: Null since it belongs to Gladion.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Crosspeice posted:

I've updated the OP with all the new info. I've also listed version exclusives and cleaned up a few sections. The hype train just keeps rolling.

:siren: SUN EXCLUSIVE :siren:

Solgaleo, Lycanroc (Midday Form), Passimian, UB02 Absorption

:siren: MOON EXCLUSIVE :siren:

Lunala, Lycanroc (Midnight Form), Oranguru, UB02 Beauty

I knew someone was going to say that, this is why I need to turn my monitor on.

wtf why are you describing Team Skull like they're pirates

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

When are we getting more pokeinformation

They're like twice a month now so next month.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Breloom is my #1 favorite Pokemon and its stretchy punchy arms are just one of many reasons. He is the Monkey D. Luffy of Pokemon.

Has there ever been a good Breloom fight in the anime? He should get his own movie.

This is the only Breloom fight I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gWzCuBfpU

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Cuntellectual posted:

Pokemon Shuffle question: How are you supposed to beat Milotic?

I can't see that as anything other than "holocauster"

Bring Feebas

And yeah, it's called that so that when you realized it yourself you can tell your friend about how Lysandre is totally Hitler and then they say to you that their mind was just blown.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Scholtz posted:

Will anyone please tell/assure me how good of a name Hatsunamiku is for the Popplio line??

It's real good which is why I'm stealing it.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/topics/161004_01.html?top_main002=msign

So according to this the SuMo demo will be 400mb. Reminder that the ORAS demo was around 250mb.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Space T Rex posted:

To be honest, Yungoose and Gumshoos are just another Zizgagoon/Linoone forgettable early game normal type pair to me. I dont get their meme status and I want someone to teach me the meme please.

He's a hard-boiled no nonsense detective who also eats criminals.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

A sabertooth tiger sounds good, with that we'd finally be able to make the OG Megazord/Daizyuzin (Mamoswine evolving with AncientPower is close enough to fossil, right?)

edit: wait, the shield one from gen iv is not a triceratops. we're missing both legs

It's really cool that the Pokemon evolving with Ancient Power turn into prehistoric creatures.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 10, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Mierenneuker posted:

Edit: might as well take the next step since I have Imgur open

Lol, sorry I didn't even see that. The image was broken on my end so I assumed it was the forums have image problems again. I fixed it now.

E: Looks like you beat me to it.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 10, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Brother Entropy posted:

my friend scrafty is not evil

He's kind of an rear end in a top hat though

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Dark beats Psychic because bullies beat nerds.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Guy got Masuda to sign his final starters fanart.

https://twitter.com/ElStrawFedora/status/787633390572810240

He said something along the lines of "these guys haven't come out yet" apparently.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
It's pretty obvious Gamefreak really loves the Fire/Fighting Pokemon and want to keep making them. With Fire being a starter type that is the best spot to put one in order for it to get a lot of exposure. They really wanna keep making Fire/Fighting starters but they now know that everyone else has come to hate the idea so they try to get as close as they possibly can without going whole hog.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 18, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Waffles Inc. posted:

pretty sure that the terrible non-cat thing is fire/dark

That's what I mean by not going all out. Designed to pretty much be a Fighting-type but is instead something else.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
In a recent comment it looks like that leaker who was leaking using riddles may have said that the starters' secret has been scrapped. It actually wouldn't be the first time something advertised in Corocoro wasn't followed up on such as when it said that Zorua would have an all new evolution method.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
"Song of Mimikkyu"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7g9LbBv8A

Some things of interest in this video:
-Fairy Z-move
-new location that looks like an abandoned theme park

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Open Marriage Night posted:

And boxers that get rich from winning fights and buy big rear end fur coats.

Bonus points if it evolves with the Ice Stone.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Hey that guy did that thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtYdnwBXp8M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop