Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Can we ban the "subjective opinion presented as objective fact" meme from this thread? Thank you all for your cooperation.

e: why isn't there a word filter for "Cool and Good" yet?

how bout i ban your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

how bout you sack up and settle it like a real trainer, in battle? day one, name your format :toughguy:

i'll meet you out behind the gym after school, nerd

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm using mimikyu and rowlett, beyond that, i don't know bc i make it up as i go along

to have 6 pokemon already picked out is abominable, what if something better comes along fool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FishBulb posted:

What's seniors?

all those 80 year olds who play pokemon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Pokken World's update, Japanese Machamp makes it to Grand Finals, defeating worthy adversary Japanese Weavile, who also effortlessly demolished the weak American players to get that far, in an intense 5 game set

weavile player should have picked a non 4x weak to fighting pokemon, what was he thinking

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

He's choosing Mewtwo now

oh thats not fair, bringing an uber to what was clearly ou, auto disqualify him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Lotad line, Ralts line, Taillow line, Aron line, Shroomish line, Slakoth line (no, really), Elektrike line, Trapinch line, any of the starters...Apart from those last two, all of them are available before the second gym. ORAS probably has the best assortment of early Pokémon of any game in the series. It's one of the only things I'll rank it over other entries.

Later in the game you get access to a bunch of good water types like Corphish, Feebas, and Spheal, but they're almost too late. And of course, poo poo wreckers like Beldum and Bagon who also come super late, but are amazing.

isn't bagon almost post-game? or like it comes so late using it for the e4 would have to involve grinding, and gently caress doing that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Decus posted:

I'm sure somebody somewhere has already compared each game by number of new species available between each gym, but if I had to guess it's technically gotten better with each generation of new games. Just, for whatever reason, the remakes are always super stubborn about not changing things from the original so they feel even worse next to the new thing you just played. Maybe they'll stop that trend this generation, but I super doubt it. Crazy Diamond won't even use Star Platinum's pokedex.

HGSS actually pulled a lot of stuff from crystal which makes ORAS slavish devotion to the original story that much more disappointing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

They're even more pathetic in G/S/C where their evil plans all lead up to...

taking over a radio tower and begging for Giovanni to come back.

That is their whole plan.

yeah it was great, i love them

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

if it means I can buy/be given their outfit, then I'm completely down with this.

Nah, gently caress that, I wanna be friends with Team Skull whether I can dress up as them or not. I just really want their clothes

this is what i said about flare

the design of the bad guys has def improved over the years, team rocket was just like black spandex and a whip

like i think plasma's medieval design was the first actually good bad guy design now that i think about it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
flare's clothes were good, bitch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

hmm no it's cool that they have a much more personal plot point than "destroy". it actually feels like they're part of kanto/johto instead of "this team wants the box legendary for whatever. death probably."

don't you know, destroying the galaxy and stuff is super edgy and good, simple villains with simple motivations aren't good for a children's videogame series

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont remember my first shiny, silver came out almost 20 years ago i can barely remember this morning

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When I was 12 I read a fanfic site that had Pikachu be a part dark type (before dark was introduced, gen 1) and I think the opening was like Ash taking a scyther's arm and cutting it off and impaling the scyther with it. Pretty sure Ash had a katana also. I remember the general consensus among like, 13 year olds was that pokemon needed to "Grow up" which is ironic because I'm almost 30 and most of the charm at this point is how it never did

idk ever since ruby/sapphire the team goals have basically been "destroy the world" and while yeah i was being hyperbolic saying it was dark and edgy i am kinda tired of it, i hope team skull is just a gang like a punk team rocket

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

which one is puke-colored here

i think maybe that dude subsists on purple drank for all his dietary needs

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i name all my riolu riley in honor of the dude in the cave from gen 4

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

thudurus is an abomination.

really that goes for all the genies. dumb pallet swap idiots, the lot of them.

hey now, they have slightly different tails too

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
DUX slayer of caterpies

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is the one in X/Y still named DUX i've never made the trade

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

notoriousman posted:

It's Quacklin' in X/Y and CH'DING in FireRed/LeafGreen

disgusting

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
give nidoking fissure, cheese every battle with x-accuracy

or if your kid is watching, restart the game and keep pikachu the whole way through you monster

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jarbv posted:

Why isn't skitty a fairy??

check it's ability hoss

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't look it up though, it's piss. Also the author got arrested for assaulting a cop.

am i supposed to think thats a bad thing

all cops are bad, amigo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Its a bit odd how entire orders (like scorpions) or even an entire class (such as the case with Corsola) may only be represented by a single Pokémon while other times, a single species may be represented by several families (like all the Pokémon based on the domestic cat).

What a world.

get this: they can make more pokemon in the future

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Scratch-O posted:

I don't think I ever did any of those. The idea was probably a lot cooler on paper.

E: Oh god, I forgot Tropius could fly. That is so stupid.

it's an alright idea but Xatu's model is so bad they should have not implemented it based on that alone

Xatu was one of my fav sprites :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

nature is beautiful

whenever i see arceops fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah dragon itself isn't that amazing of a type. There are plenty of mediocre dragon types now. In the old generations, dragon was reserved for grossly overpowered legendaries or the 600 stat pseudo-legendaries.

Nobody is trembling in fear at Druddigon.

the first dragon legend wasn't until gen 3, which is really weird but gamefreak gonna gamefreak i guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Also, don't say things like "pure cancer."

actually, they can say whatever they want, as they are their own person

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
youtube recommended this to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhuAm2rSGE

i think it's cause it wants me to kill myself

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Bulbapedia to the rescue:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professors%27_aides

Route 2 Gate: 10 to get Flash
Route 11 Gate: 30 to get the Itemfinder
Route 15 Gate: 50 to get the Exp. All

none of them are neccesary, if you're like me and played yellow so much you memorized the rock tunnel, or if you played it on the GBC so the walls were outlined

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

Wait what?! There was an Exp. All in RBY? :psyduck:

I played blue in German and couldn't understand what was happening until I got Silver in English. I've always just assumed that it didn't start sharing between the entire party until gen 6.

the exp all sucks rear end tho, it divides exp by 6 instead of half like in gen 6

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Itemfinder is necessary, imo, if you want cash cash money, 'cause you can find items to sell using the Itemfinder (sell all Ethers, Elixirs, and Vitamins unless you're one of THOSE PEOPLE that actually uses them). and you do want cash cash money, for the Ultra Balls to catch the birds, and the Full Restores for taking on the Elite Four.

unless the VC release still has the whole coast of Cinnabar glitch nuttiness, then items are no longer a problem.

friend, you can look all that poo poo up on-line, also the itemfinder just beeps, doesn't even give any indication what direction the item is in, it's pretty much worthless

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

Also it takes up one of your 20 total item slots in your bag.

there are a lot of reasons man, i don't have time to write them all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Dark type Zubat would correct a very old mistake.

zubat is fine as is, also i think it might somehow still be the only poison/flying line which is like, whoa

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
golbat and haunter gen 1 sprites are still better then any other sprite or model in the last 20 years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
they took away golbats giant tongue and i will never forgive gamefreak

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bartie posted:

I wonder if there's even the slightest chance of Gamefreak rebalancing the game for Sun & Moon. It's kind of sad that with over 700 to chose from only a handful are viable in competitive play.

there are 700 pokemon, the fact that theres more then 20 that are viable is amazing

like there's a reason fighting games only have around 20 characters and even then those games tend to still have like 2 or 3 best characters, this complaint is dumb

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dabir posted:

Weezing is poison with Levitate which is just kinda better.

so what

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bartie posted:

With 700+ it's bound to have tiers and many pokemon are unevolved versions and so on, but it's not like there isn't room for improvement. League of Legends has over a hundred characters and manage just fine. I'm just saying that it's really boring watching Groudon vs Kyogre ad nauseum. :v:

stop playing ubers then, that's the tier for broken poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

I don't like that the whole thing ends up being an add for XY with the reveal of Mega Charizard X at the end either.

yeah man the entire what, 90 minutes before that is totally invalidated by that moment, it's just an ad for x/y

are you actually this dumb