Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't think of a worse idea then giving blissey and skarmory more stats to play with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

greatn posted:

Yeah I got all of those, and unfortunately chikorita, the one weak against bugs. Except I don't have ledyba, I assume she's a night Pokemon?

Right now I'm rocking Chikorita, Dunsparce, Spinarak, Wooper, HootHoot, and Sentret. Chiko is lvl 15, the others 13 except Hooty who is 14. Which let me tell you, way disheartening to use Peck, have it be super effective, and do like 1/8th or worse of some fuckers hp.

ledyba is a morning pokemon, and morning is the worst cause im always asleep during those hours

well pretending to be asleep i guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I love Jumpluff and its unique typing.

tropius and skymin cough nervously

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

wait wait wait wait

hold the gently caress up

psyduck is not psychic type??

???????????????

:psyboom:

smh if you don't have all gen one typings memorized by now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
when i was a young boy i had the pokemon field guide and it said golduck was water/psychic and i was incensed by it

i'm pretty sure it was an official nintendo thing too lol, i remember it was green and had all 150 pokemon in it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i had no clue that guy actually gave you anything worthwhile. never bothered with him. weird that he gives mareep and wooper, i'm pretty sure you can catch those before the first gym anyway

slugma is the only one worth getting, well, the only one you can't get immediately after the first gen anyway, slugma isn't exactly amazing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dunsparce is the best gamefreak troll and i hope they do not ever give it an evolution or make it better in anyway

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i remember all pokemon, i decided to retain those memories in lieu of unimportant things like my parents birthdays or remembering to pay tickets

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm playing through all the Pokemon games I missed - namely Gens 3-5.

I beat Omega Ruby and did most of its postgame stuff. Last night I beat Pokemon Black, or at least, I got the end credits (talk about a sudden ending outta nowhere, you don't even fight the champion!) Should I bother with the postgame stuff or just go straight to White 2? I also want to beat Platinum as I never beat a Gen 4 game but I got like 6 badges in Diamond when it came out.

After I do that, either Sun\Moon will probably be out or I'll try and tackle FR\LG or HG\SS. Too bad the latter is so drat expensive and I don't have it. I do have an R4 cart with it on it though, but it isn't quite the same. I kinda want to play Gen 1/2 again, but I'd rather play the improved remakes, honestly.

go to black 2 if you played black, c'mon man it's in the name and everything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I already own Black 1 and White 2. I bought them both a while back when I was playing Y and in the Pokemon mood. I don't really want to buy another as Pokeyman games are expensive.

you have hosed up, the past you i mean, as now you have no way of getting gen 5 uuuuuuuuh the white 1 dragon, whatever it's name was

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

it's funny i can remember all the pokemon from the first 3 games but i can't remember a cover legend for a game i owned and beat not what, 5 years ago now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh well... I have what I have. I wasn't really planning on catching them all or making competitive teams on anything less than the current gen, anyway. I just wanted to play the different games through the elite four \ champion so I could see what I missed between Gens 2 and 6.

I don't think I'm going to do "proper" Gen 3 either as I have Omega Ruby. That is, unless I can find Emerald for cheap.

proper gen 3 is amazing when you're 12 and the upgrade in quality from gen 2 is stupendous, nowadays it's way more eeeeeeeeeeeeeh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

Lets not forget this one.

this is both terrible and awesome

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Can you really describe that which existed before time because He willed it into existence and will exist after the end because He willed it so as just "super strong" and "super rare"?

yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dark/normal rattata, how exciting *yawns loudly*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fritzler posted:

SnorlianZ is very exciting though

yeah that's cool, that and the rat were the only 2 things i got to see

i wonder how many z-moves will be specific pokemon only

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Mustache rat.

i didn't notice the stache, but i'm still kinda meh on it

am interested in seeing raticate tho, i bet it's stache will be vaudeville villain level, and that's good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

How long are we expecting Z Moves to be? Limit Break length, Summons, Knights of the Round?

remember how long it took for planet namek to blow up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

i don't recognize any music except for most of the gen 1 stuff and its derivatives. i guess i usually play with sound off now

same, except i play with the music on, just none of it is as iconic to me as lavender town

well, i really liked zinnia's theme from ORAS, but that's the only music i recognize from newer games

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

Missing the whip, 0/10.

the whip makes the man, as they say

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I've been using it on my Pupitar cause that thing sucks for another 12 levels

I kinda like lampent's design more than chandelure's :unsmith:

murkrow is a cool witch bird while honchkrow is a gangster boss, so it depends on whether you like horror movies or noir

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Boxxy. 90s kids will get this.

i too, loving love cancer

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my favorite champion is Blue because he loses before Oak even has time to see it like a little bitch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i forgot wallace was a champion, easily the dumbest thing emerald changed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Brendan and May weren't the best, but they gave it their all and I thought having someone just be friendly to you after Blue and Silver was refreshing. What was really bad about them were their final teams with their not fully evolved starters in the original RSE. What the hell, Gamefreak.

yeah it's very sad, the last time you battle them is like outside the department store in...uh wherever that was, it's very anti-climatic and dumb

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
angewomon is my favorite pokemon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
fabharos is great actually

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
momentai

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

can the digimon filth be quarantined in their own thread please

this is the 90's mon nostalgia thread now, time to talk about how monster ranchers got loving screwed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mine is gatomon

i like the whole line tbh

i'm not sure why a cat evolves into a human angel but i'm glad it happens

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i prefer the theme song where i can understand the words

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

someone, somewhere, is working on a Monster Rancher game for steam which reads your steam list for mon generation, and they will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. it'd be me but i dont know how coding, modeling, or anything else works

i'd buy that game so fast my owning it would break the lightspeed barrier and i'd be playing it 2 years ago

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You know all I really remember about Digimon is that in the show I watched as a kid, they were fighting some veiny blob monster that was melting the whole planet. It was weird.

the third series was the best, yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

you are like, the one person who likes that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

What the gently caress.

none of the pokemon have guns, and before you post blastoise, cannons and guns are very different

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Decus posted:

remoraid is a gun

it's not even steel type, get out of here with this poser poo poo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Tamers was the high point in the whole series. Best writing and characterization and then it went downhill from there. Spose' Lovecraft isn't very marketable in the long run.

chiaki konaka is god

Zodack posted:

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Our favorite Pokemon is every Digimon

At least by Tuesday everyone will be posting about Pokemon again.

is there a new annoucement thing tuesday, that's good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

gumshoos has a gun

hopefully he can find the maltese talonflame

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Please do not contaminate my thread with the shrugging guy emoticon.

it's not as bad as the one where the face is in some hands, but its def a bad emote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I missed Diancie and Hoopa, there's not an event for either I'm missing anytime soon, right?

you can find someone who will trade them i'm sure, not me tho i missed the events too, and also don't remember where my AS or X games are at