Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Mizuti posted:

The fairy totem is absolutely evil. I was considering trading for a Celesteela to kill it...

I used toxic and then just fed things to it until it died. It was not an elegant win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

This was me on the electric trial w/ salandit. Thank god for corrosion.

Yeah, my salazzle (with a quick claw) versus solgaleo and real necrozma was definitely the MVP

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Buy ten million revives and spend every turn reviving Pokemkn I guess.

I haven’t hit it yet and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to to much to it myself since Fairy hits A-Muk for neutral damage.

It likes to quiver dance, so you basically have to hit it physically hard real fast or do SOMETHING. Once it gets going, no matter what Pokemon you send out it will OHKO it. At least that was my experience, just using a revive each turn and waiting for toxic.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

what's a better nature for Naganadel? Timid or Modest?

My Naganadel is timid so I can use nasty plot and then sweep without mercy. If you wanted to run choice scarf though, modest would mean your Beast Boost ups special attack instead of speed, so you get more dangerous while being ridiculously fast.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

oddium posted:

it looks like a trash idiot and mega mawile isn't much better

Whooee, that is a bad opinion friend. That said you are also the dude who likes the musketeers and thundurus...

Remember, all Pokemon are good and our friends.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Tangent but is Poipole named Poipole because it is purple?

EDIT: Also can you get lucky and catch shiny ultra beasts now?

Yeah I think it's POIson/POLE as in shaft like a needle, put together to make it sound like the colour purple!

As to the other thing, just about an hour ago I finished my 9 hour soft reset hell:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I don't think the game needs to fall for Illusion 100% of the time for it to be worth it, plenty of abilities and attacks have no practical application in the campaign. What the heck is Magnet Pull going to be doing for you in PvE? What about Aura Break? Minus???

Actually I've had the a few fights in the game for me make a few switches that surprised me a lot. Hau in general did it a few times.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hey. Guys.

How the frick frack can Wailord use Bounce.

Just think...

Supersonic Sky Strike

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Aurora Veil on its own sold me. I already went through the painstaking process of making a snow warning vulpix with moonblast and freeze dry in sun and now I want to make a team around it. Any ideas? Someone in the discord was saying something like rotom-heat is needed to stop scizor from completely walling.

If we're talking VGC18, arcanine is a sublime tank/support and could probably still destroy mega scizor

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 1, 2017

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Please lend me your strength guys, I’m going for the shiny Poipole now.

I recently got that shiny nihilego to hyper training levels, so I hope you get that satisfaction!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

And it also has to be the right time if you're connected to the Internet, I couldn't figure out why mine wasn't working even after waiting. My 3ds date was 2 off.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

A few pages ago someone asked for more photo club pictures and I just got my VGC18 team together! Here's the adorable babies:
Baby!

Bel!

Rattle!

Momma!

Monitor!

And of course, Blanket!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Mythical Pokémon were already a mistake but the fact that you can’t even name them is insanely hosed up

Agreed, it's a travesty that I can't name my little punch ghost

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's modest is that good

It's not bad at all.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Would someone be willing to trade me a Naughty Pheromosa with a nickname of my choice if I caught and traded them a Buzzswole or Kartana of their desired nature and nickname/no nickname? Not being able to hoard Pheromosa is my main regret of getting Ultra Sun instead of Ultra Moon, even if I'm still happy with my choice.

Got any fun other breedjects? But yeah I can do that if you like.
Edit: what's the nickname by the by?

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 7, 2017

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Ha, well, I haven't found Ultra Jungle or Ultra Forest yet. I've got a phione I'm going to breed once I can see its IVs. Not like Phione is very good in battles, but it might be fun to try to make them as good as they can get.

Whatever you'd like to give me! Just make it something you like with a cool nickname! My FC is 2036-7315-1628!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Okay! Gimme a few minutes to decide on a name for Pheromosa and hop on. My trainer name is Mars, FC is 5472-7437-2947. I'll edit this post when I'm ready.

EDIT: Nickname her Nadezhda, please.

IGN Jade Mage, on my way!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

I'm going to catch a bunch of Xurkitree with decent-to-great natures and send them out on Christmas, I think. A very Ultra Beast Christmas tree.

My question is: should I nickname them all Aluminum, or at least SOMETHING relating to artificial Christmas trees?

If only Charlie Brown could fit.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

indigi posted:

is there a consensus best pokemon game/gen?

I'm one of those monsters that loves Gen 3, with USUM being my second favorite.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

PetraCore posted:

TBH I'm probably going to transfer him over to my new Alpha Sapphire savefile and use him in contests, and then use his eventual sister in battles. :3:

Where'd you hatch him? I don't think you can transfer back from SuMo or USUM to Alpha Sapphire

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

And you played with the EXP Share on at all times, I imagine, because being level 65 at that point is not normal without heavy grinding.

I was still sitting around level 54-57 at that point and I never turned it off. 65 seems high.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

At least we both agree that Rhyperior is excellent.

Ahhhhhhh! Don't insult my good friend rhydon by turning him into that abomination!

Rhyhorn is decent, no complaints.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I gave my Salazzle a quick claw and revived it every time it didn't proc. Toxic on it and hold out until it dies from it

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my gf loves pokemon go and is unbelievably hyped for let's go eevee and tbh if it has the same leveling mechanic and i can go out and level my dudes while running/cycling in the park i'm all for it

she was even happier when she realized she could transfer her favorite arcanine to her switch, they definitely found their market for this

Replace arcanine with vaporeon and this is exactly my experience. I am not hype per say, but I have no qualms with playing this with my girlfriend since we've been playing PoGo anyway

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Isn't larvitar heavy as hell? I can't imagine carrying one of those rock-eating suckers around on my shoulder.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Now we're talking!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Empress Brosephine posted:

Thanks is there a list anywheres of what Pokémon to wait before evolving? Searching online just mentions Go

Traditionally, any stone evolution doesn't learn much after evolution. Nidoking doesn't get poison jab, Arcanine doesn't get much of anything, etc. That's just from memory though.

Obvious exception to the rule is Eevee (except-except flareon who gets nothing even though it should)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Anyone know if there's anywhere to catch lickitung OTHER than cerulean cave in let's go? I don't wanna have to wait that long ideally