Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I did the thing.

No dupes allowed, and also no gen 7 dudes because I haven't actually played SM yet. Otherwise Ribombee and Golisopod probably would have made the list in their non-bug types, and Drampa might have knocked off Dunsparce. Had I allowed dupes, Yanmega would have taken both bug and flying, and either Torterra or Flygon would have taken ground, moving Golurk to the ghost spot. Most controversial opinion on here is probably Avalugg, plus the total lack of gen 1 representation. Honorable mentions: too many. Dishonorable mention: Slurpuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Glaceon is the second-worst looking eevee but the hair looks cool

It's actually like the third best, hth.

Here is the Objectively Correct eevee tier list:

S tier: umbreon

A tier: leafeon, glaceon

B tier: jolteon, eevee

C tier: sylveon, vaporeon

D tier: espeon

Flareon tier: flareon

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Charcoal boosted V-create is already at 216 effective base power. The only real benefit is bypassing the stat drops on your first hit.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hey I just wanted to let all you scrubs know that you've been completely ignoring the ACTUAL best Hawlucha set: fling/acrobatics/hjk/stone edge @hard stone

Also that ferrothorn pronunciation is trash.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Where are Tangela and Rhyhorn?!?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

They all have speed as their lowest stat?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

indigi posted:

the ice cream cone is good, bitches. here's a shiny Poipole code, if you claim it you have to tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

I'm contractually obligated to like all the fossils. This means that Shieldon is my friend, and even though Bastiodon is pretty silly looking I still love my big dumb wallceratops. It'd be nice if it wasn't absolute poo poo in battle, though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ariong posted:

Sorry this took so long, for some reason it took me a few tries to get the website to accept my submission. Anyway, here are my faves from each type.

The best part about this is it could actually be true if you rearrange them. There is in fact a Pokemon of every type represented here. Not sure if you planned it that way or not.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ariong posted:

I spent two god drat hours making that happen. Thank you so much for noticing it.

You're welcome, and your dedication has inspired me to make my own gimmick set (I do genuinely like all these Pokemon though):

Here's a hint: Assume I didn't go out of my way to avoid doubling up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ariong posted:

I think I’ve got it.

You're on the right track, but the idea behind it is more about the conclusions that you can draw from all of that information, rather than the information itself.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The starter designs are alright, but holy hell those names are shiiiiit.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

"Don't mind me, just casually strolling into this thread."
\

Random observation, partially inspired by this post: So far, all of the non-Japan based regions have been separated by rather large real world distances, but Kalos should be right next door to Galar if geography still works remotely the same. I wonder if there'll be any Kalosians hanging around in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

Fairy - Bug - Dragon

That's not balanced at all! Fairy beats both of the other two!

IIRC the only other set of three types with the exact same matchups among themselves as the existing starter trio is fire - rock - steel