Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, what part of Victory Road does that happen in? Surf isn't mandatory for it.

He is talking about BW's Victory Road, which I cannot confirm since I haven't played BW.

Kalos's Victory Road DOES this though and it's really annoying since you only need Surf I think twice inside of it, and both times it's just a short body of water that someone could have easily built a bridge across.

The worst part is that Surf isn't a bad move, so for early gens I usually had a Mon with it. But since Gen V introduced Scald, and as a TM to boot, Surf has been largely overshadowed in usefulness.

I don't get how Water Pulse which applies a volatile status has 60 base power, whereas Scald can gently caress you up permanentl and has 80.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rose Spirit posted:

A5Z4 ZNHU MWGF FQJ2

Grabbed thanks :)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

When I have children I will present them with a garchomp toy and a pikachu toy. Those that make the wrong choice will be dead to me

What will you do with the child that picks the Pikachu toy, and tosses a blanket over it so now you have a Mimikyu toy?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I don't know if this was mentioned when the hyper training anouncement was made

But competitive No Guard Fissure Machamp is now almost definitely meta

Watch as Battlespot becomes pure cancer :getin:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

What announcement do you speak of? Machamp can only learn Fissure in gen 1 and 2, and it can only have No Guard in generations 5 and up. Hyper Training doesn't have anything to do with hidden abilities, unless there's been a new announcement. Also, don't say things like "pure cancer."

Nintendo said that in the future you will be able to port friends from the Anniversary released Red/Blue/Yellow into Sun/Moon.

One of the main concerns was that there was no way to determine what IVs the Machamp would have.

But with Hyper Training that is no longer an issue

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 27, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I trust that despěte this probably being discussed in all Pokemon forums/subforums/threads, GF will not have the foresight to properly patch it.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Decus posted:

edit: Regional abilities would also be a cool thing I kind of wish they'd do rather than 1-2 "normal" and 1 "hidden".

Or make it that if the Pokemon was ported from Blue it has Ability 1, from Red Ability 2, and from Yellow Hidden Ability.

Make it so that the only thing stopping you from having an instagib monster was not buying the superior version, which is Red.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Has anything been leaked about where to get the items for Hyper Training? Like, can they be acquired in game from the mandatory Battle Chateau, or will they be event distributed?

MFW you have to pick them from Pokestops

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

youtube recommended this to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhuAm2rSGE

i think it's cause it wants me to kill myself

With a name like Peppe Banana that film could have gone way, WAY more diferently.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So I got Virtual Console Red, and picked Charmander as my starter cause gently caress it, I can just capture a Nidoran for Brock's Gym.

Then it turns out that Nidoran learned Double Kick at level 38 or something in R/B and it was only till Yellow that it was changed to 12 (which was the version I played as a kid) :shepicide:

Old school GF sucked at balance.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

sharrrk posted:

or just use ember because geodude and onix have poo poo for special

Yep this is what I resorted to. Got lucky Burn RNG on Geodude, and surprisingly Onix's AI is very scripted (Bide, store, store, Release, Tackle, Screech, Repeat) so I just exploited that for an easy win.

THANK GOD he only gets Bind on Yellow. Sure they reduced Onix's level, but they gave him a beast move.

edit: I forget, R/B/Y have some "must catch X number of Pokemon" gates, can someone list them?

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 27, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rygar201 posted:

Across all generations the locations of hidden item's are usually obvious, iirc. There's usually something about the environment to clue you to walk over and press A.

Lmao, being reminded of the hilariously dumb decisions in Gen I had me wondering if I should pick them up on VC or not, hah

I'm having fun playing them and getting hosed by my muscle memory like

Gust is normal type
Bug is strong against Poison
Magnemite is not Steel type

And also by it's extra saucy bullshit like:

Fire Spin/Bind/Wrap prevent you from doing anything forever unless you switch
Sleep takes one full turn to wake up
Psychic owns everything always

And some people complain about the difficulty curve on G/S/HG/SS

It does have some good things though, like my friend Tauros being useful

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

dragon_pamcake posted:

Two more Darkrai codes:

A5Z3WAT6YDU2Q3H4

Also, what does one nickname a shiny, male Makuhita?

Took the first one, thanks

Also, the only valid answer is E. Honda

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

greatn posted:

Why female? Is there any difference? I could catch geodude, but I don't want to use Kanto Pokemon.

Because Whitney's Miltank has Attract

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I can't remember, but did one of the trailers/images confirm if your Pokemon walking behind you is back?

WHY do they keep reintroducing/removing this mechanic :sigh:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It needs a Primal Reversion into it's former glory

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 29, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dexie posted:

Dunsparce is getting an evolution in Sun/Moon though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3273472/drampa-is-dunsparces-evolution/

:v:

I really wonder how that theory got momentum at all. They barely even share the same color palette

Internet Kraken posted:

You'll be a 10 year old boy/girl forever. At least now you can change to a darker skin tone.

I want actual shorts.

And NPCs acknowledging that I'm wearing shorts.

And an achivement for beating the Elite Four while wearing shorts.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 29, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Golden Bottlecap maxes all IVs at once.

We can probably assume that there will be SIlver Bottlecaps that will raise one particular stat/one stat of choice?

IMO, while IV breeding needed some revamps to make getting a Shiny competitive not a colossal soft reset chore/breed 20000 eggs/hax, so far I'm not liking what was shown of this Hyper Training. Just pop an item and BOOM!

Hyper Training should have a minigame attached to it. Or hell, just add Totem Pokes as a wild encounter after a point in the game, and killing one increases a specific stat by one stage. You can even tie Chain hunting into this by increasing chance of Totem Pokes.

Unless these bottlecaps are insanely rare, the only use breeding will have in the future is for egg moves.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Geostomp posted:

Dunsparce suffers from the horrible syndrome of Being a Johto Pokemon-itis. It's a crippling disease that can leave its victims weak and forgettable unless treated with an upgrade within ten years. Sadly, it seems the treatment time might have passed for this one and become terminal like the sad, sad case of...that blowfish thing and the deer.

And the giraffe.

Really Gen II is my favorite gen due to all the things it added and having two regions in one, but the Pokemon species are really terrible and forgetable barring like 10-15.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zuzie posted:

Luvdisc probably.

I can't remember the episode, but there was one time in the anime that Luvdisc kicked rear end.

I watched that episode before playing R/B/E, so when I got a Luvdisc I was like "Sweet, I got that badass fish"

HAHAHAHAHA good one anime, you got me good

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 29, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

greatn posted:

I like Pokemon that wear clothes. Where did they get those clothes?

When GF revealed that what everyone believed to be Machoke/Machamp's shorts was actually their crotch, they said that Pokemon do not wear clothes.

So Throh and Sawk are actually using folds of their skin as Gi.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I've been looking at Rowlet gifs, and I do really hope that they introduce a Super Eviolite item or something that boosts your stats by 200% for a 1st stage Poke because this motherfucker is just too cute and I will never let it evolve.

I will Power grind him to level 100 before beating the Alola equivalent of the Elite Four (if they have) with him

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Between life and death?? Purgatory?

Zygarde is a doctor.

Or a Facebook "like and comment amen"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zodack posted:

As for the artificial island, the Alola region has four regular islands and a small artificial one in the middle. No one knows what it is or what it's for, but the promos for the game keep saying "and one artificial island" so...

Since standard Pokemon game stuff is byebye, I really hope that the artificial island is just a big stadium where the trainers of the region go to fight in tournaments to determine the champion. Like what the anime does. It always felt really underwhelming to be fighting the top trainers and the Champion with no spectators.

Also at least probably one Champion would have been a sore loser and since there were no witnesses, knocked you out with a pillow full of batteries then chucked your body down Victory Road's waterfall.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Geostomp posted:

IVs would be so much more tolerable if 1) they were visible in-game and 2) were out of a specific total number of points for each pokemon instead of random totals. This way distribution would be more important than getting all the big numbers. Nobody thinks it's fun or cute that their Bulbasaur has all 0's, Gamefreak.

I agree with the 2nd statement. If the idea of IVs was to make each Pokemon super special and different from each other, it would have worked much better if the points were randomly distributed from a max of say 100 points, which 31 being the maximum a stat could be allocated.

The way it was implemented everyone just gets 31 on all stats, with the ocassional 0 for Trick Room/Gyro Ball/Foul Play and a random one to guarantee a specific Hidden Power type for Pokes that lack coverage, and thus, all Pokemon end up being exactly the same.

Example: last 2 years VGC

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 30, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rygar201 posted:

Woah leaked video of the Fairy type Z Move!

After 2 weeks my body is in so much need for Sun/Moon leaks that I clicked fully aware that behind the link would probably be either some fantasy anime girl power or a fat guy cosplaying as the fantasy anime girl.

How much longer must we wait Gameforge :argh:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

I don't think I've ever bred a pokemon before will the daycare guy call me when they have an egg. this is in pokemon x

The guy outside the Daycare that is usually looking at the Pokemon will turn around and look towards the road when an Egg is made. That is the only indicator you will get.

Just hop on your bike and spam run up and down the Daycare road till you see him turn around.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Spatula City posted:

I'm not even sure if 3DS Pokemon games can be datamined in the way older Pokemon games were.

Isn't this how all the remaining gen 6 legendaries AND Mega Latios/as got leaked?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
But I'm pretty sure I saw Volcanion's image like early 2014 before ORAS was even announced. Together with Mega Latios/As and 2 unused moves for Zygarde (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Streams or something)

Found it:

http://www.gameskinny.com/ehzo6/pokemon-x-y-leaked-legendaries-diancie-volcanion-and-hoopa

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 31, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Excuse me but screw contests, I want Pokeathlon back and with more minigames akin Stadium's

Hell, I would be happy just with Online Pokeathlon

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My perfect Pokemon game wishlist includes:

- Online Pokeathlon
- Online Contest (eh, why not?)
- More character customization (body type, age, MOAR CLOTHES)
- Pokemon related jobs (ie. chase Team Skull atop a Sharpedo while they try to smuggle Pokeblocks across Kalos, Chansey E.R simulator)

Basically any activities that are bound to happen in a world where humans and Pokemon have lived together since the dawn of time other than Pokemon fights and IV breeding.

Like I never forgave XY for telling you that your mom was this famous Rhyhorn racer champion, tease you with a glimpse of the racing field and never let you participate in said Chocobo Rhyhorn races

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 31, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

singles is bullshit.

The AI can only adapt so much.

Choice Scarf Truant Durant with Entrainment

Faint or switch to a Focus Sash Speed Boost Sword Dance/Protect/Baton Pass. Protect during off turns, set during Truant

Baton Pass to Sweeper. Sweep.

edit: Alternatively have Truant Durant with Entrainment, a self buffing Sweeper (Dragon Dance Dragonite) and a late game emergency sweeper

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 31, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

lezard_valeth posted:

My perfect Pokemon game wishlist includes:

- Online Pokeathlon
- Online Contest (eh, why not?)
- More character customization (body type, age, MOAR CLOTHES)
- Pokemon related jobs (ie. chase Team Skull atop a Sharpedo while they try to smuggle Pokeblocks across Kalos, Chansey E.R simulator)

Basically any activities that are bound to happen in a world where humans and Pokemon have lived together since the dawn of time other than Pokemon fights and IV breeding.

Like I never forgave XY for telling you that your mom was this famous Rhyhorn racer champion, tease you with a glimpse of the racing field and never let you participate in said Chocobo Rhyhorn races

To this I forgot to add
- Super Secret Bases with more "Make your own home made Gym" options.
- Pokemon walk behind you

Just add every single loving feature that was introduced in the past and removed for no raisin and just make the best Pokemon game ever gdi

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 31, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Catalina posted:

Serebii.net also has a list of current event Pokemon sorted by region.

What is this bullshit??? There was a HA Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres giveaway?

I was subscribed to the Pokemon Trainer Club like ages ago, and when I went to check, the latest mail I received was like last December asking me to confirm if I still want to be subscribed to Pokemon Trainer Club. Obviously I saw it just now so I didn't answer so I was automatically unsubscribed.

THE gently caress. What newsletter spam even does that?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rygar201 posted:

How long are we expecting Z Moves to be? Limit Break length, Summons, Knights of the Round?

Ho-oh Z-Move is Rebirth Flame. It needs to be holding Sacred Ash to use it instead of a Z-Stone

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Countblanc posted:

Boxxy. 90s kids will get this.

Uuummm...

I don't get it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I...have mixed feelings about the Ultra Beasts.

It could go right, I don't know how, but most likely it could go the "Nuclear type" way of wrong.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm glad that they made Darkwolf's design bad in order to simplify the decision of which Rockruff evo to use.

Although honestly, the right decision is to stick an eviolite and just use Rockruff.

Same applies for Stufful, Mudbray and Rowlett if Archer Edge Owl turns out to be true.

I'm gonna start farming Eviolites now.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Boomstick Quaid posted:

How the hell are you going to get six eviolites on your first playthrough?

Shaking trash cans on a Thursday of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
TOPIC SWITCH!

Favorite Route 1 Family Final Stage:

1- Pidgeot
2- Mightyena
3- Staraptor
4- Diggersby
5- Noctowl
6- Furret
7- Raticate
8- Talonflame
9- Watchog
10- Stoutland
11- Linoone
12- Bibarel

vvvv My bad, I'm really unfamiliar with the line since I only ever captured it and evolved it just for Dex completition. Linoone scored lower for having a very lazy design for a Pokemon based on a badger that ended up looking a lot like Furret, and Bibarel for it's design being bad and being in a fuckton of routes and killing my Chimchar repeteadly.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 18, 2016