Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

That's awesome, sounds plausible to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Mega Evolutions are best suited for single stage Pokémon imo. What I'm saying is give Torkoal, Maractus, Relicanth, and Lapras mega stones.

E: and since I'm feeling generous, Girafarig too.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The problem is that it's called Grass and not Plant or Nature or something more broad.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Amppelix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SpyXCTyz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp1quVhbjo

More pokegen feat. the world's cutest Chancey. I like what they've done with the pokemon noises in this series, I really do.

Gabby & Ty own, their recurring battles were one of my favorite parts of the original RSE games. But what the gently caress was up with that dinner scene?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

lezard_valeth posted:

Any datamine info on the availability of Cosplay Pikachu?

Cause god drat it, my wrestler team of Incineroar, Hawlucha, Emboar and Machamp could use Pikachu Libre :(

Still missing on a 6th member.

Har👏i👏ya👏ma!!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Hot take: nerf Ground type

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The only thing that doesn't make sense about Grass is the Flying weakness.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Pentaro posted:

Birds eat seeds. That's it.

Oh yeah. poo poo. OK well then uh, give Grass immunity to Ground.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Spatula City posted:

I feel like people are coming around on Incineroar, which is good, because the design is excellent, and it is HEEL TIGER. still going with owl, but there should be no more Incineroar hate in this thread.

This is the first time I'm going to get both versions right away, so I'll also use both starters. Cat in Sun, Owl in Moon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are there any mom and pop game stores in NYC that might break street date?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My trainer ID in Omega Ruby is 55555.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Alolan Pokémon aren't slow, they're just on island time

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Does Synchronize not work anymore? I have a Jolly Abra in front and none of these Pikipeks I've caught have been Jolly.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do pokeballs not pass down via breeding anymore? Female Premier Ball Meowth and Male Pokeball Meowth yielded an egg in a regular Pokeball.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are there any good held items on wild Pokémon to look out for? I've already snagged a Black Sludge from Grimer and a Leftovers from Munchlax. Protip for new players: the ability "Compound Eyes" makes wild Pokémon more likely to have items.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm cool with Island Scanner and Reinforcements effectively replacing DexNav.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is there a list of all the "bounties" or whatever you want to call them? The pokemon that random people want you to show to them?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I somehow ended up with way too many physical attackers. My team right now includes Lycanroc, Minior, Golem, Mudsdale, Lurantis, Araquanid, Golisopod, Incineroar, Dugtrio, Raticate, Persian, Komala, and one or two others... while for special attackers I have Salazzle, Kadabra, and freaking Pelipper. Where did I go wrong? What have I missed? I feel like I'm pretty far, currently making my way through Po Town.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just got wiped for the first time, against Guzma in Aether Paradise. drat, Masquerain did get buffed!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

greatn posted:

I tried all my male grass and ghost Pokemon and my Decidueye won't gently caress any of them. How can I get baby Rowlet cause I don't think I'll see ditto for a while.

Golbat. It's in the "flying" egg group.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Someone was posting about giving away Castform. Do you have any more? A female would be awesome, or a male with Hex if you have it.

e: FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

Dizz posted:

Added.

0233 - 1931 - 6531 if anyone still wants a destiny knot and a castform / Vannilite

I will be on for a good hour if any of you are able to take advantage of it.

added

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 29, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dizz posted:

I've still got female castforms that are holding Destiny Knot. They're more for the item and dex fill, then you can breed more if you want or release it.

I added you and am on now, FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

I also have a Kadabra that I need to evolve, if you wouldn't mind trading it back.

edit: Looks like my 3DS charger just stopped working so uhhh I'll be offline for a bit

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 29, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Note Block posted:

I currently have extra of the following:

11 Eevee - HA ability Anticipation, 2 Timid, 9 Modest (w/ 1 female), Ultra Ball
5 Goomy - 1 Hydration, 4 Sap Sipper, Calm, Beast Ball (potentially some perfect IVs)
3 Cubone - Lightning Rod, Jolly, Beast Ball
2 Grimer - HA ability Power of Alchemy, poo poo natures, Shadow Sneak and Curse egg moves, Luxury Ball
2 Feebas - Swift Swim, Bold, Dragon Breath and Pulse egg moves, Dive Ball (can trade w/ Prism Scale for Milotic evo if you provide one back)
2 Ditto - 1 Timid and 1 Modest
1 Kadabra - Syncronize, Modest (will turn in to Alakazam on trade)

Please let me know if you'd like anything!

I would love a modest Eevee, if there's one with a nickname I'll take that. FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
You name it! I'm still going through the story so i don't have much to offer, unless you want like, a Litten or a female Salandit.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dizz posted:

Sure, I don't mind a fast trade evo.

Added everyone, I will still be on for a good 30 minutes and then return later today.

I think I'm trading with you right now? Anyway I don't have any trade evos so i can send back this Alakazam for ya

e: VV Note Block I'll link with you after I finish with Dizz

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 29, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Note Block posted:

LOL "Star Jones" the Staryu

Thank you Chill Penguin! Ennakointi means "anticipation" in Finnish, Anticipation being the HA for Eevee.

Thanks! It will become a powerful Espeon... speaking of which: day/night evolutions go off the in-game condition, right? So, since I'm playing Moon, it's currently nighttime, in which case Eevee would become Umbreon, right?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dizz posted:

I hope there arent other Dizz players out there, because I wasn't online at the time.

Huh. Well thanks to whoever traded me a female Castform

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I still have the Mew they gave out around the time of Gen 3, along with dozens of other mons from RSE, FRLG, and XD.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Yukari posted:

Beat the game finally. Really solid game, and had a lot of fun just catching guys.

nobody ever seems to acknowledge these posts, and rightfully so, but this team is awesome, very cool, :krad:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just hatched a 5IV Timid Eevee with Adaptability, what should I turn it into?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Jolteon seems like the right choice. Anybody have experience using one in doubles? I'm planning a battle tree team with Garchomp and Gyarados leading, so Jolteon could switch in for Gyarados and start Discharging?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Is that an extremely miscolored Sandygast?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Any suggestions for the 4th member of my Battle Tree Doubles team? Currently:
Jolly Intimidate Gyarados @ Leftovers, 252 Atk/Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall

Jolly Rough Skin Garchomp @ Life Orb, 252 Atk/Spe
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Outrage
-Poison Jab

Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon @ Bright Powder (planning to upgrade to Balloon), 252 SpA/Spe
-Helping Hand
-T-Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge

Currently Salazzle is in the 4th slot, but out of Nasty Plot, Poison Gas, Venoshock and Flamethrower, I seem to basically only be using Flamethrower. The Fairy resistance and strong fire attack have been crucial so far. Any suggestions?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The power trade-off is worth it? In that case, why not Dual Chop for sub-breaking?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's the best nature for Necrozma? Smogon says bold.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Tired Moritz posted:

either leakers are really bad at showing off the game or this 3rd edition is very boring

It seems pretty pointless. I'm waiting for the Switch edition.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can you trade yourself your own Pokemon from the regular ole Sun/Moon games somehow? Or like, is that not possible? I have a team of 6 level 1 dudes bred just for Ultra Sun and now I can't use em :/

I'm about to go impulse buy US. I'll trade em back and forth for you. I have a shiny Vulpix that I hatched on Moon that I want to use.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
So is there a Furfrou salon in Alola?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

True facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Does the Pokemon Bank delete your pokemon if you don't renew in a certain timeframe? I don't think I had anything of importance stored there but it looks like my renewal expired in December and I didn't get a notice that the expiration was coming up and my brother just gave me his copy of Sun so I'm looking to get into it again.

Yeah but there's a grace period. Re-register ASAP, there's a chance they're still there.