Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zore posted:

Yeah, this means random Shinies can actually be good and usable which is great.

I'd love to actually be able to break out and use my cool shiny Charizard (with 3 Speed IVs)

Shinies are already perfectly usable, friend. *taps nose Showdownily*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lando-T is here for you and me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zoness posted:

technician breloom or poison heal breloom though

Well, using Poison Heal is an admission to being a weak human being and a poor lover, so Technician.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Who gives a poo poo, he is my pal who is made of sand.

I do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Sandcastle's ability sucks, I can't believe it doesn't get Arena Trap or Sand Stream. I'll shout this from the rooftops until the day I die.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The "slower than Sandslash" bit may have just been because Sandslash gets Sand Rush, but I guess we'll see.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a Dark resist and an option to hold a mega stone to neuter Knock Off all the more? wooo-weee, i'm gettin the vapors

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Real friends don't make their Farfetch'd friends into HM slaves. :colbert:

real friends care about the emotional well-being of their friends, which includes keeping them feeling productive and appreciated in this capitalist hellscape, and for Farfetch'd thats as close as it comes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Zubat has the best flying animation

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zore posted:

Dark [...] did not need another thing to resist them!

hm

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zore posted:

I feel like Bronzong is probably the pokemon hardest hit by the loss of Dark/Ghost resistance by Steel.

RIP the weird gimmicky Heatproof Bronzong I used to troll with in Gen IV.

It's a crime that Heatproof didnt grant a fire immunity

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: misread, nm

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

Surely these are the most unlovable.

not commenting on these particular ones (esp Conkeldurr who is Buffo the Clown but in a video game instead of irl), but for me i learn to love a lot of mons by using them. i honestly hated a lot of mons like Latias, Ferrothorn, the Genies, Mandibuzz, and Cobalion until I used them to clobber people, and now I think they're the bee's knees. similarly I used to think Gliscor was the baddest motherfucker in the world and now I wouldn't shed a tear if his source code mysteriously vanished from Game Freak's computers in a freak accident.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

countblanc hates poison heal

I do.

Decus posted:

They should make more knock-off in different types.

Listen, mister.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only thing Gliscor is good for is giving me a brief reprieve from crippling depression when he gets switched in on a will-o-wisp.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope it's Fightanic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

More than anything Sage does a really good job of emulating Sugimori's artstyle and it does wonders for the designs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Was the actual game any good? I never played it but is it all original pokemon with gen 5 mechanics? Are there any new moves and abilities?

It hasn't come out and is progressing very slowly, though still progressing apparently. Like someone said a while back, we live in the worst possible reality where Pokemon Uranium is the fan pokemon game that actually managed to successfully release during a high period of poke-mania, and we'll be lucky of Sage comes out 3 years from now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's some new moves and abilities though, yeah. Here's a few of my favorites:

Content: The bearer recovers 1/16th of its maximum HP at the end of each turn in which it did not use a Physical or Special move.
Malice: The damage taken by an opponent from secondary damage (e.g. Life Orb, Spikes, weather, other end-of-round damage) is increased by 50%. Does not stack with ally's Malice.
Quickdraw: The priority of all moves of all Pokémon becomes 0. Detect, Endure, Protect, Quick Guard, and Wide Guard are unaffected.

Though there's some repeat moves/items/abilities since this was made during Gen 5 and some were just straight up used in gen 6 in some form.

My dream was that Showdown would make a separate tier for Sage-mons since I think it'd be a cool meta to explore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah, Stealth Rock needed a damage buff

Stealth Rocks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Pretty sure they could kill the "convenience" of sims pretty quick with a cease and desist order.

I wonder why they haven't honestly, it's pretty blatant IP abuse.

They know I'd beat up Shigeru Miyamoto if they did.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I wouldn't like, stop buying pokemon games out of protest if sims got shut down, but I'd definitely have gradually lost interest in the franchise and probably petered out during gen 4. I skipped gen 5 entirely at the time, and only went back to play it after a friend of mine getting into sims around that time and wanting me to play with her. It's obviously a pretty rare example but it's honestly in Nintendo's best interest to keep fan poo poo like that alive.

Granted Nintendo has been cracking down hard on fan poo poo the past year or so, so only time will tell I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

I like that it takes a bit of time to add a pokemon to a competitive team because it makes you more attached to them. The time time investment it currently takes is way too much though

I love my 1s and 0s that some random dude or lady programmed for less pay than they probably deserved.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm actually shocked that's a real pokemon. how is anything in pokemon uranium worse than grabbyface edgelord barbaracle

gently caress off.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HoneyBoy posted:

THe best part of the z-moves are the trainers doing it in unison

The ghost one is great

it's not really "in unison" because the pokemon doesn't do poo poo. seriously look at the fighting one, lucario just stands there like it was the civilian pose in tf2, it looks like poo poo.

Ruggington posted:

you could grab a team with guys you like off of smogon and use it while you learn on the ladder. if you run into a problem mon look it up on smogon and see its strengths and weaknesses and eventually you'll be familiar with the tier. I recommend OU to learn on since it has a smaller pool of viable pokemon so you're not overwhelmed by threats or choices once you feel comfortable enough to make your own team.

this is what I do

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bobjr posted:

So what is your favorite gen 1 pokemon?

Boxxy. 90s kids will get this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is the 90's mon nostalgia thread now, time to talk about how monster ranchers got loving screwed

someone, somewhere, is working on a Monster Rancher game for steam which reads your steam list for mon generation, and they will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. it'd be me but i dont know how coding, modeling, or anything else works

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Please do not contaminate my thread with the shrugging guy emoticon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bongo Bill posted:

is Yokai Watch pretty good

I really hate the combat system

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wicke is a babe and the new jellyfish looks like patchouli knowledge

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

how dare you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it bothers me deeply that people keep calling the cool chuuni kid an edgelord

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Heatran is cool as hell and his Magma Storm sets are funny

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Most legendaries aren't overpowered, especially if you count the trios

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space T Rex posted:

Imposter ditto

ditto was decidedly not OU for most of its life. similarly chansey

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also I don't think its OU now????

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

thats sort of what i'm getting at. its not going to be overbearing or bad in any tier because of its gimmick. also couldn't you also use it to scout movesets and ev spreads? or does ditto not transform back after swapping out? i've never used ditto actually

You can do that but its just not super useful. mainly Ditto is a revenge killer and little more in pvp

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hexmage-SA posted:

From Bulbapedia:

Bastiodon has the highest Defense and Special Defense and the highest single base stat of all Fossil Pokémon.

Personal Addendum:

Its got 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Ground so its Defense and Special Defense stats are completely irrelevant.

Surely this was intentional. Surely the designers at Gamefreak didn't think they were actually making a good Pokemon.

They played a similarly nasty joke with Bastiodon's counterpart Rampardos, who has an astounding capacity to inflict damage but is not only too slow and fragile to remain in play, but also doesn't get the ability Rock Head despite literally being cloned from a rock head.
Bastiodon isn't bad because of his weaknesses (though they don't help), he had a bunch of great resists including the ever-coveted Rock resist, he's bad because his movepool is complete garbage. Bastiodon pisses me off more than any pokemon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EvilHawk posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but UB02 Beauty looks awfully similar to Lusamine (the hair and the post most obviously), but I don't think we've seen anyone who looks like UB02 Expansion.

He looks like the protagonist after you engage Muscle Form, which is unlocked halfway through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The things on its ribs also look like, well, ribs