Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061428440794943489

This guy is doing a datamine. I figure this isn't really a spoiler since we know what the Pokemon is.

thoose are some mondo stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
melmetal is going to have an insane choice band set, assault vest set, and metronome set. youve heard it here first

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chill Penguin posted:

I think the game looks but fun, but those special attack names are pretty stupid and uninspired.

They suck yeah, but lmao at this dude melting down because people rightly called them out for being weird. Holy moly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

precision posted:

Man, Twitch Plays Pokemon was such a great ride and the kind of thing that nobody who wasn't there could ever appreciate or even understand

Is there a good comprehensive write up about it anywhere? Like covering the mechanics of how it even managed to succeed at all etc

TPP could have been a cool yearly tradition with a new gen each summer but the person running it decided to burn their 15 minutes of fame and immediately go into GSC like a week later and no one cared

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

absolutely anything posted:

it's still running to this day and it's a nightmare of garish sidebars and tickers

i remember seeing somoene describe it as the digital version of a bunch of japanese salarymen in some back alley rolling dice

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This right here. I totally understand people not being excited for this game because they prefer the more complex battle systems or they don't enjoy games set in Kanto or they are emotionally wounded and therefore existence of silly names like Baddy Bad makes them too furious to enjoy the game. Those are somewhat acceptable reasons. But anyone not willing to overlook all of that for this awesome pokemon following and/or riding system is bonkers because this is exactly what I have dreamed of since Red and Blue.

I really, really hope that the wait for Gen 8 is because this is going to be implemented Pokedex-wide. It better be, drat it.

i could overlook it if it didnt cost me $60

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BGrifter posted:

Maybe someday they'll release a Pokemon game where you skip everything and jump straight into endgame collecting/training/battling Pokemon. :stare:

Pokemon: Galaxy Brain Edition

showdown ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Grass monkey

That funky monkey