Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ChrisHansen posted:

Get a rifle with good penetration so you can shoot straight through the burglar, your wall, you children's walls, you children, your outer wall, your neighbors window, and your neighbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufH4eZ7sF_I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
get a browning automatic that's what bonnie and clyde used and they were really popular folk heroes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Which gun will give me maximum puckin protection

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

get a DSA FAL pistol, if it was good enough to be called "the right arm of the free world" during the cold war it's definitely good enough to be your self defense handgun

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I think you need a long one and um... a short one. And some of the little things that go inside them. Hth

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You know what's good at penetration? A ranseur.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
some pump shotgun with smaller buckshot OP thx. technically its not the best but only am oron can gently caress that up and i dont know if you live next to an orphanage or whatever . gg

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

get a hi-point in 9mm or .45 or something they're only like a hundred bucks so you can just throw it in a lake when you're done with it

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

go to a range or gun shop that does rentals and shoot guns until you find one that you like

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Pulse-rifle or GTFO.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

go to a range or gun shop that does rentals and shoot guns until you find one that you like

this is the correct answer, glock mossberg and ar suggestions are solid as well. the trigger on the s&w glock knock offs are trash so don't bother with those

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
get a gun op

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lazer Monkey posted:

Pulse-rifle or GTFO.

:jackbud:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also if it's strictly for home defense a rifle or shotgun will let you aim easier due to the longer length and will also be more satisfying if you put them in your rear end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u need the AWP for 1 hit kills

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
flak cannon if ur aim is bad, use the alt fire. hth

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016
phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Get yourself a Nagant M1895, revolver of glorious people's army. Gun good enough to kill Nazi pig-dogs good enough to protect disgusting capitalist home.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Smythe posted:

if your state allows you to posses UT weapons using anything but the ASMD is incredibly poor form

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Make a potato cannon and shoot potatoes through your walls until you hit someone, op

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Love the advice but does any of the advice change considering that I live in Lib State California?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Tony Homo posted:

Love the advice but does any of the advice change considering that I live in Lib State California?

Such as: Can I make an ar15 in California?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tony Homo posted:

Such as: Can I make an ar15 in California?

You certainly could up until recently, but with so many hoops it was almost certainly not worth the bother if you wanted the gun for practical reasons, and they were making noise about closing the "loopholes" that made it possible (though feel free to pick up a Mini-14 at a sporting goods store!). If you live in Cali you probably need actual advice and your best options will likely be different than other states. It also may depend on where exactly you live, especially if you want a CCL or something.

gently caress why I srs post

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Get this gun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

u need the AWP for 1 hit kills

If you miss and hit your house, your house will die and you'll be homeless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

Kephael posted:

phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

I love you both.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

op just use whatever yer highest prestige is with in Call of Doodie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
buy Smith and Wesson

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Read the op of this thread for your Cali legal questions because I can't keep up with the wacky poo poo they do.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever it can't be that fuckin hard my dad has a .32 special and a 9mm and he didn't have to do a whole buncha poo poo to get em

like gently caress you maybe you shouldn't have more than 10 rounds in your rifle's magazine i couldn't loving care less lol. good. we've got loving crime out here and you're whining about having to reload your rifle a lot on the range.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 20, 2016

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

whatever it can't be that fuckin hard my dad has a .32 special and a 9mm and he didn't have to do a whole buncha poo poo to get em

like gently caress you maybe you shouldn't have more than 10 rounds in your rifle's magazine i couldn't loving care less lol. good. we've got loving crime out here and you're whining about having to reload your rifle a lot on the range.

Did your dad buy this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no but that's kinda cool

naem
May 29, 2011

gunds

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-24574243/stock-photo-reverse-gun-a-caliber-handgun-built-backwards-so-it-shoots-the-owner.html

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Help us out OP, what do YOU want?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Get this, OP

Or maybe this

If you're REALLY ballsy, you get this:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Get this op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

EorayMel posted:

Get this gun

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I think it's illegal to have that much power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
spinfusor

• Locked thread