Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How fat are you OP?

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Don Tacorleone posted:

You have a shitload of guns

You come across a room with windows, it's locked, but inside you can see an item you want

Videogame solution : Instead of breaking the windows, you pull out your magic "Mimic matter" gun in order to turn yourself into a coffee cup, then rolling through a small opening in the window and getting the item inside

Fuxking stupid videogames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xJQPLYOuQ

Pretty sure that's not the only solution to that puzzle bud.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

maybe but some idiot fucker wrote three paragraphs about something and gently caress him

sentences

paragraphs

pages

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why can't they just make an ultraviolent facepaced arena shooter like unreal tournament anymore

i just want to explode my foes into bloody gibs with a flak cannon but noooo it's like gotta be classes and team speak cooperative bullshit wtf

you all fight like nali

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Apparently the term "that bitch is ratchet as all hell" does not mean what I thought it meant

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish i was a coffee cup

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

like you never smacked a vigina with a wrench before

Flesh Forge posted:

im pretty sure that is a butt hole, the difference is subtle but important

Been shittin' pancakes ever since.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
hopefully there are diapers lying around the space station so I can finally live my fantasy of transforming into a diaper

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BigwigML posted:

hopefully there are diapers lying around the space station so I can finally live my fantasy of transforming into a diaper

this but with feminine pads

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wana turn myself into a bra so I can touch on some titties :q:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

The fact that you couldn't really die kind of prevented it from being a classic game but it was solid and fun, positive memories in general

i thought that was actually pretty cool. death almost never has any consequence in games since all that happens is you load your latest save. prey realizes that basic fact and does something more interesting with it. I'm a huge prick

but yeah, new game looks like a bad bioshock ripoff

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

What happened to the real Prey 2, the kick rear end space bounty hunter one?? This is just a BioShock ripoff :(

Even if the game sucked loving balls, they should have reset it from ground 0 and tried to copy that awesome cinematic.

That and I REALLY, REALLY want a sci-fi game with a Johnny Cash soundtrack. Because that would be loving rad.

Gobblecoque posted:

i thought that was actually pretty cool. death almost never has any consequence in games since all that happens is you load your latest save. prey realizes that basic fact and does something more interesting with it. I'm a huge prick

but yeah, new game looks like a bad bioshock ripoff

The scene in Prey where your girlfriend doesn't get rescued but instead gets sewed onto a giant mechanical spider and murdered by you no less was pretty "Holy gently caress."

Fun game with a lot of neat ideas that haven't been tried since. Those visual portals had SO much potential. Hell you could argue that Portal only came about because of Prey in some way.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 20, 2016

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Acid Haze posted:

Been shittin' pancakes ever since.

We have a saying in Germany:

get the gently caress out of here

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Maybe I'm biased, but this looks fun.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I'm just gonna play world of warcraft. The monthly subscription was basically removed.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

VideoGames posted:

Maybe I'm biased, but this looks fun.

In the world where this was the cancelled version of Prey 2 and the actually cancelled version was released instead this thread would still exist.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Moridin920 posted:

why can't they just make an ultraviolent facepaced arena shooter like unreal tournament anymore

i just want to explode my foes into bloody gibs with a flak cannon but noooo it's like gotta be classes and team speak cooperative bullshit wtf

you all fight like nali

if its unreal tournament you want, have you thought about giving unreal tournament a chance : https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/ ?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Arkane owns, game is going to own

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I can't keep track of what's happening with Prey 2. I give up. Hopefully Deus Ex will be good.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Also it's Called Prey, not Prey 2

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The Dennis System posted:

I can't keep track of what's happening with Prey 2. I give up. Hopefully Deus Ex will be good.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKw_VUuZjCE

The gist is Bethesda managed to completely mangle a cool looking game for the skeeviest sounding reasons possible, the whole thing collapsed when it was 90% finished, the original devs went gently caress YOU and Bethesda desperately fished around for what to do with the IP before handing it off to Arkane who have no interest at all in making a Prey franchise game and just went and decided to make what they really wanted, another System Shock game with absolutely nothing to do with Prey at all.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

khwarezm posted:

In the world where this was the cancelled version of Prey 2 and the actually cancelled version was released instead this thread would still exist.

It would be nice if people were not so down on all things!! Lets try a bit of positivity GBS friends!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

khwarezm posted:

The gist is Bethesda managed to completely mangle a cool looking game for the skeeviest sounding reasons possible, the whole thing collapsed when it was 90% finished, the original devs went gently caress YOU and Bethesda desperately fished around for what to do with the IP before handing it off to Arkane who have no interest at all in making a Prey franchise game and just went and decided to make what they really wanted, another System Shock game with absolutely nothing to do with Prey at all.

loving hell, if this is true Bethesda are god drat scum.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like farcry 4 and also playing call of duty black ops 2 and yelling swear words a lot into the mic

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheMostFrench posted:

loving hell, if this is true Bethesda are god drat scum.

"Failed to meet Bethesda's quality standards" Yeah I trust Bethesda's side of the story when they make that allegation.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Enfield posted:

videogames are for children

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

you all fight like nali

because the entire genre of 'fast paced arena shooter' begins and ends with quake. yeah theres like twenty years of games that aren't quake, they just copy quake whole hog with minimal changes

not really a bad thing but like the fact that theres still self proclaimed quake clones coming out in 2016 is kind of shameful

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

khwarezm posted:

Watch this video:

Good video

I thought Bethesda were one of the good companies but that's lovely as gently caress

Maybe that's why carmack left

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Neo Doom has fun arena combat like that and we're getting Quake Champions. I still miss Quake Enemy Territory

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hmmm well every game Arkane has made so far has been great but I immediately think this one will be poo poo because I'm a fuckman.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I can't wait for the System Shock 2 remake ! It's going to be like Black Mesa but even better

pr0spector88
Aug 18, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decebal posted:

I can't wait for the System Shock 2 remake ! It's going to be like Black Mesa but even better

u should play midair :)

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

pr0spector88 posted:

u should play midair :)

Looks like a voxel based clone of No man's sky. A bit generic looking

pr0spector88
Aug 18, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
hopefully it becomes the standard, yes

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

khwarezm posted:

Watch this video:

I can't believe I listened to 13 minutes of that nerd meandering about Prey -- a 6 out of 10 FPS from 2006.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
why the hell does everyone keep comparing it to bioshock does this poo poo take place underwater or something

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I AM THE TOILET posted:

why the hell does everyone keep comparing it to bioshock does this poo poo take place underwater or something

isolated underwater city/flying city/space city (it's more similar to SS that sense) where poo poo goes tits up and most everyone is dead/etc and has similar looking gameplay.

no i don't think that comparison is a bad thing--ss2 was great and bioshock was p cool despite some lovely xbox 360-era jank (bad bloom, lovely controls/ui). i'm cautiously optimistic, it'll hopefully decent at the minimum.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The original Prey 2 looked like anachronox with FPS elements which I think would have been extremely cool :(

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I don't need to pay $60 to be stressed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Suck my dick you fuckman

• Locked thread