Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
prey didnt sell enough copies so bethesda bought the rights to it, remade it with the same title and turned it into half life 2

how can anyone be this bad at making and selling things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
oth good on human head for not letting bethy get their way

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

The original Prey 2 looked like anachronox with FPS elements which I think would have been extremely cool :(

Yeah, the original Prey 2 looked a lot more fun. And I think it still had references to the first protagonist Tommy, which was cool since not many games have Cherokee protagonists.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

"Failed to meet Bethesda's quality standards" Yeah I trust Bethesda's side of the story when they make that allegation.

LOL at Bethesda having quality standards. They've been releasing the same buggy-rear end horseshit open-world game since 2008.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

KiteAuraan posted:

LOL at Bethesda having quality standards. They've been releasing the same buggy-rear end horseshit open-world game since 2008.

This is the god drat truth and every iteration is more and more derivative. I played Fallout 4 all of eight hours before I was like OH BOY and started drinking instead. IMO better hobby.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Leaving aside Bethesda-developed games, their publishing wing has been really solid in recent years what with Dishonored, Wolfenstein and Doom.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh another spooky fps

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
spiders that turn into chairs are truly the deadliest foe. maybe if it wasn't in a fps there would be a reason to sit on chairs and you would never know if it was really a spider!!!!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

gently caress this game

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Serious Frolicking posted:

spiders that turn into chairs are truly the deadliest foe. maybe if it wasn't in a fps there would be a reason to sit on chairs and you would never know if it was really a spider!!!!

Maybe like in the (new)Prey trailer you need to sit down and talk to people about stuff but you cant because your chair might eat you. It's a serious problem solving dilemma.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

wow another game where i press the wasd keys and click on things before they click on me

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

wow another game where i press the wasd keys and click on things before they click on me

Switch to a controller&console and feel like a champ again !

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBaGnwCnzQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4TWa3urlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0

This will be the fourth attempt at making a game called Prey, none of which have anything - narrative-wise - to do with the others

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

a hole-y ghost posted:

They made him into a chinese boy in this one I think, to appeal to the chinese market

loving GAY PISS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Meh, I might give it a try in 4 years time when its $10.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Still a better game than Star Citizen

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

Still a better game than Star Citizen

Games changed their minds and now star citizen is good and they're all buying back in. I'm not joking

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
the new Deus Ex looks pretty sleek. Will the story throw that humans Vs. "the different" really hard in our faces ? I just want to sneak around without being preached a sermon about integration.

Why can't anyone make a good Thief game anymore ?! :argh:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

unpacked robinhood posted:

Games changed their minds and now star citizen is good and they're all buying back in. I'm not joking

I think it was reverse trolling or some poo poo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i saw a thread in the gas chamber to that effect that's so funny how stupid can you loving be

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

I think it was reverse trolling or some poo poo

I read 5 pages of this and assumed it was true

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Nah, it's just an unfunny reverse trolling thing.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

is this the anti-goatse?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Do you put your dick in it?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

vyst posted:

Do you put your dick in it?

if you want to I won't stop you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
what the gently caress is the point of enemies disguising themselves as objects if the games just going to immediately tell you they're a mimic as soon as you look at them

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 21, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
OH gently caress THAT ALIEN TURNED INTO AN ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR HOLY poo poo PISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

what the gently caress is the point of enemies disguising themselves as objects if the games just going to immediately tell you they're a mimic as soon as you look like them

The rest of the chumps are tricked but you, being the hero, see right through it. That's what makes heroes special. Or like that movie They Live

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Decebal posted:

Why can't anyone make a good Thief game anymore ?! :argh:

Because there is always one or more loud vocal hipster poo poo head who is related to the CEO who has to get an idea to change something from the orginal so he can say 'there, I did that' to the next game company after they go bankrupt or sold off for tax dodging reasons.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Anyone remember Geist? It was the Gamecube's "Halo killer," in which you were a ghost and solved one puzzle by possessing a bowl of dog food.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Leroy Dennui posted:

Anyone remember Geist? It was the Gamecube's "Halo killer," in which you were a ghost and solved one puzzle by possessing a bowl of dog food.

i thought that was a pretty fun game they could have done so much more with it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I wish you would've asked me before you publicly posted the naked photo I sent you.

• Locked thread