Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I accidentally ultraepoxied a razor blade to my roof lol

Pham Nuwen posted:

14", BLACK WIDOWS HAVE BEEN FOUND UNDER MY CAR IN THE GARAGE.

PLEASE ADVISE, SHOULD I CALL IN THE AIRSTRIKE?

What you want to do is go down to Home Depot, go to the electrical section. Blue can. Electrical contact cleaner. Read the warning labels. It decays into hydrogen chloride and possibly phosgene if exposed to high heat. It is hands down the fastest, most thorough black widow instant death I have ever found because short of open flame, poisons just make them mad.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So yeah it run.

https://youtu.be/jA2qyNfwA-U

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Incredible.

Incredibler.

Incrediblest.

https://youtu.be/ASDMKg9HrLU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Communism posted:

The first rule of 14" appears to be 'When the sign says Hell, next six exits, just keep the pedal on the firewall'.

Bro do you always lift

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's a good thing when rock auto no longer has the part you need and NAPA says there is no availability anywhere in the country right

I mean ebay has me covered but I'm gonna have to get Mormon with my parts hoarde aren't i

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
...but you order it anyways just in case

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
40 mile shake down run including freeway speeds and the only issues encountered were a medium effort start from off while hot in a parking lot, and no tach response :hellyeah:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude I found a store that finally gets me

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

How many pairs of boots does one vagabond need?

I prefer the term noble wanderer, or maybe even nomad. Call me what you will though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Charge indicator came on solid and re checking and replacing connections as needed didnt correct it. But drat these crimps.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

You just know that some day he's gonna post a picture of him sitting on a little electric cart, smugly smoking a cigarette with a B83 loaded into the back of the cart.

Edit: "Got a great deal on craigslist, but it started leaking tritium on the way home"

I am merely the increasingly unreliable narrator of events far grander, brought forth by powers much, much older , than such trinkets and baubles built by the folly of man.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

Hmm, did not realize such a thing existed. Need to pick one of those up for the bug, since it's getting a full wiring harness. Screw dealing with 60 year old wire, nuke it from orbit and start fresh.

I still Crack up thinking about when we got the blue bug years ago and discovered someone rewired literally the entire fuse panel/underhood in identically gauge unlabeled red primary

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
loving kids these days don't even recognise a VHS rewinder when they see one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah I need to get the AMX running so I can sell the Camaro and use it as my daily while I work on the Honda. And also figure out which one will make it to Nebraska in a month.

So Honda yesterday.

Fall fell.

I discovered the terminals push themselves out of the connector shells if you mate them together, but dig in so hard they suicide  off the wires as a last ditch effort to half rear end literally the only job I expect them to be able to ever do.

These were done with my old lovely crimper I thought was doing the job good enough, but somehow wasnt.

The open hardware tray slid off the roof, tumbling into an even split across the curb and thoroughly distributing all contents into either the dead wet grass, the gutter, or the passenger floorboard. The juggling act made me to reach to save it, instead managing to lay out my Gatorade with a Haymaker left cross, which dumped on the cigarette pack, glasses slipped off my nose into the engine bay, and then i burned myself with the lit cigarette. Moments later a bald man hit me in the back of the head with a broom handle he happened to be carrying as he walked by. That's about where I packed my tools up for the day.

Don't even get me loving started on what the painters did.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Commie posted:

I would pay you real dollars to sell that AMX to Team Dai Hard. I think I'd actually roadtrip it to the Central Coast with you. I didn't murder Revelations driving that Cosworth Merecedes 3500 miles, whats half that between eFriends?

Actually before I say a solid yes or no, why do you want it? Same reason I do? Or for another purpose. And can we get Kastein involved.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: okay so while it's not a full paint job per se stay tuned for the Camaro's new evening formal wear :siren:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now picture driving this home blasting Limp Bizkit's Rollin' and seeing that doing the Lord's Work was noticed and not done in vain.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hm. It's almost worth it if it gets raced where people see it....

Flip side, 2500 made and I love me some pain in the rear end obscurity.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

e: hi brady

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 4, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seattle?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seattle?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So just for the record 9 months of hallucinating crawling, intense pain, recurging nails healing then just deciding to fall off fot no reason, multiple different doctors, antibiotic regimens, antifungals, and now even antipsychotics I still think I have loving hookworm.

And last night when the most recent wave started.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look I get it this is a hallucination.

This is hookworm. They clearly look nothing alike.

I can deal with things that aren't real. The agony is all I really want to stop.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I know. I'm just saying whatever the gently caress is broken, that's where it hurts and so far 9 months of trying to simply not be in pain has come up dry.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've tried lotrimin cream, powder spray, tinactin, dilute bleach soaks (this causes debilitating pain but only on areas with the rash or whatever, only on the left foot and no other parts of my body), clean socks, new boots, mupiricin ointment as prescribed by a doctor, as well as other things.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm no expert on these matters but this plus washing yourself with tilex is just begging for a rash.

It's infrequent, and was actually advised to me as a once a week idea. It's also diluted heavily, didn't event bleach my pant leg that slipped in. And the pain began before the soak, and intensified during. When I got my primary care set up I told them it was many years and many, many miles since I had any physicals and I told them I wanted to have them know me as well as physically possible without currently having a thumb in my rear end so they took a lot of blood and an STD screen and everything came back golden.

Work continues on the Honda.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ballard has some cool poo poo too. Engine harness has been converted to weatherpack.

Shame I seem to have lost the rotor out of my distributor loving entirely, because it sounds like it'd definitely run.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oriellys actually had a single rotor in Stock for 4 bucks

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Honda has returned to plausibly operational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I did it. I finally put together an outfit that made a dude in a blaze orange camo utilikilt look at me like I'm the tool bag

• Locked thread