Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Population of Nebraska: 1,882,000. 77,421 mi2

Population of Santa Clara County, CA: 1,862,000. 1,304 mi2

e. haha, the list of ten least populous counties in America includes five Nebraska counties, numbering 460 to 632 people.

Jesus. Entire counties with less than five hundred people. I'd guess like at least 10% of the population must work in county government.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

And yet they get two senators and five EVs.

Yup. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._50_states.html

Nebraska: 273,424 people per EV
California: 508,344 people per EV.

Nebraskans' votes for president are worth almost double those of Californians' votes. New York and Florida are slightly worse. But no voter has more power than the Wyoming voter. 142,171 people per EV.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 4, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am a crazy cat lady in spirit. I know cats. I can help you with cats.

Disturb your cat's daytime rest. Bother him repeatedly all day, if you can. Do this every day for a week and then periodically thereafter. You can get most cats to shift to a more diurnal schedule this way.

Also, most owners feed at "dinner time" but a large meal can stimulate a long rest, so consider feeding just before you go to bed.

Finally, cats get more exercise and are much less bored, as well as better socially adjusted, when there's at least two. Consider adopting a spayed adult female to go with your neutered adult male cat... or when getting kittens, get two.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

REQUIEM FOR A JEEP

Prophesies are coming true up in here

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Put it on Craigslist. "Mechanic's special." "Thousands invested." $1200, firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok so, glass has a melting point but it will become soft and viscous way below that point. Also from the photos, you could absolutely have had 1400C in the center of that fire. I've gotten a small gas forge up to just about 1200C for metalworking purposes.

Your sockets are possibly fine. Depending on the steel alloy and heat treatment, they've likely been annealed, which will make them unacceptably soft. Heat them to a uniform cherry red (if possible verify austinitic temperature with a magnet: when the magnet won't stick, they're hot enough. Do not heat to yellow) and then immediately fully immerse in oil. Test hardness with a file.

Having achieved a good hardness you might then want a mild tempering. Put the sockets into an oven (toaster oven will be fine) at 500 degrees and let them heat soak for a while so they come up to that temp - 30 minutes would do it.

Secondarily: I don't suppose that jeep had anything more than basic liability insurance?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 12, 2016

• Locked thread