Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Denim interior Spirit AMX is the greatest thing to ever exist.

Our CEO at work dailies an RS7 but he says his favourite car is still his high school Javelin AMX which he bought back a few years ago and keeps in unrestored condition.

So awesome.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

We can't wake the patient yet. He needs to be eased out of it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Can we somehow get this set as the description of AI in the main forum listing?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Panaflex posted:

Ok, I'm pretty desensitized to a lot thanks to the internet, but that post made we wince and back away from my laptop.

Have you never seen teeth before?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man, I've been there before.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

It's cool.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DJ Commie posted:

I would pay you real dollars to sell that AMX to Team Dai Hard. I think I'd actually roadtrip it to the Central Coast with you. I didn't murder Revelations driving that Cosworth Merecedes 3500 miles, whats half that between eFriends?

14/Commie '16: the thread we were meant to have.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DrakeriderCa posted:

That's so rad. I had no idea these AMX's existed and they're pushing all my buttons.

AMC lust is a slippery slope. Wait til you see James Garner's SC/Rambler.

In person, maybe.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Always listen to the smoke monster.

It's Seafoam.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Manually De rusting an AMX gas tank loving sucks aaaaasssssssss

I told you to use a chain.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Guess you're going to the junkyard to pull some of those little hatch-strut bobbins off cars.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

I mean I don't have chickens hatching in my face and I eat all kinds of chicken eggs so I feel like this is a comparable situation.

then again my toaster oven has never to my knowledge harbored illicit nests of chickens

I wish I could go back in time and show this post to myself when I first joined SA.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Seeing as that coffee shop is like, right next to an auto shop with a parking lot that is full of cars that appear to have sat for longer and had worse mechanical problems than everything in my shitrod fleet combined, and part of their wall/roof is actively falling down worse than my house was when I bought it, I don't think they really have grounds to complain.

Heh, grounds.

It's funny because Dave is going to set his house on fire with electricity.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

nm posted:

Guess California is more enlightened because simple possession (except ghb because rape) of everything here is a misdo.

Gotta keep taxes down somehow.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Axle on the wrong side?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

What the poo poo? They going for smallest pad to caliper ratio or what? Dammit Honda

Hello filthy Americans! I am Soichiro Honda, the man who built his first motorcycle from first principles out of a discarded radio in an obliterated postwar Japan.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Sounds like we found the coffee shop owner.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That grilled cheese sounds pretty good.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I think I told Slungblade something along the lines of "Maybe I don't need everything I own to be high strung and fragile"

So you're getting another Subaru?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Stood in street. Watched it burn.

Imagined threadless aluminum stripping; paper gaskets flaking; impeller bearings seizing; bursting into flame one by one.

Watched for an hour. Nobody got out.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

Seriously, I want to put that picture of you with the VW and a current one with the Causemaro next to each other as a PSA.

"FLAT RATE : NOT EVEN ONCE"

I like how you can see him change even within those few pictures.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I swear if someone ever manages to invent something that could instantly double the available working hours in a day while also eliminating fatigue and pain, perhaps also dialing up the gain on alertness and focus, he'll maybe bump up that core temp a bit and keep that heart rate nice and sledgehammer just in case the weather turns sour once it gets nice and dark and quiet, gently caress. That dude is gonna make so much loving money.

Hitler tried it and I think we all learned enough from ACVWs to not trust that dude's judgment.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actually my first year at De Anza Auto Tech I ran for the tech club class secretary, dressed as a sexy secretary. All 6'1 282 lb 44 inch waist of me crammed into a spandex women's medium black miniskirt, the closest thing to black Goodwill stilettos I could find in my size for under 5 dollars, panty hose wth the lines up the back, my best office shirt and tie rubber banded up just about as high as I could get it to go while tastefully covering my delicates, the brightest pair of bulge accentuating contour directing neon boxer briefs I could find, and a hair cut that could really only be described as 'if Hitler happened to play in A Flock of Seagulls.

Good Lord I wish I could write you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Jealous Cow posted:

What's the closest airport? Omaha?

14 can't travel on airplanes anymore.

Not since the incident.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Wait, you pay sales tax on a private sale of a used good? I thought it'd just be a general vehicle tax.

Yeah if it's 9% then gently caress that noise.

BC does this too (and it's like 14%), it blows my loving mind.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I did, months ago :tinfoil:

THE JEEP WAS INSIDE THE THREAD ALL ALONG :aaaaa:

Do you seriously think he'd explain his :master: if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its registration? He did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey guys look what I found out in the field here!

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

I just looked up Seattle to Omaha (only Nebraska town I can think of) and leaving tomorrow that trip is $208. We can cover this right? We gotta get 14 on the road I got the first $25

poo poo yeah we can cover this.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

So what happens when they meet? Some kind of matter-antimatter thing?

They already met. They went to the junkyard and got Justy parts.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

What's with the gently caress-off huge fuel gauge?

Tachometers imply street racing and are banned by AMC internal standards & practices.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Can you do online Western Union?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

If he can actually use a Wal-Mart Prepaid MoneyCard, the load fees are 0% (or $3 on site). He can buy one for $1 (there is a $5/mo fee for balances under $1,000). So, if he can get there and buy a card, we can all pay into one of those independently.

That's a good plan. I didn't know those things exist. Do they just work like a credit card?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That's probably the best plan then. There's Walmarts everywhere.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I sent 14 a text and it seems like he has perhaps gotten out of the woods on the repeatedly-breaking-down XJ.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to make it out til spring.

I'm trying to get whoever has his contact info here to relay that yoo him. But I don't have any way to reach him now that his phone is gone.

His old number should work now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
He says wipers fixed, mileage/fuel consumption, oil consumption potentially fixed.

On his way to pick up the money I think and then leaving Spokane towards Butte.

I've let him know there's a contingent that wants him to turn back.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Explain to him that ES is leaving and he'll be gone before 14" arrives.

His care level remains minimal.

Sims: do you have his phone number? Should text him if so. If not, let me know where to send it to you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah if you want to email me his number:

It's done.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 INCH MEEP posted:

left wa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I sent a couple bucks which should only go towards more Lucas Oil stabilizer.

• Locked thread