Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Does this mean the new axle is too long? Just hit it with a grinder a bit, can't hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

What the poo poo? They going for smallest pad to caliper ratio or what? Dammit Honda

But my god does it ever bite

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

No, I think the previous owner paid $500 for it, and gifted it to 14.

... if I'm reading that bill of sale correctly.

That's what I'm getting from this too. Seriously how many free cars can one man get

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

14 BAR RIFF posted:

And also dropped the title walking

un goddamn believable

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

PopeCrunch posted:

I've known several people in the headspace I think our favorite madman is in, and hell I've been there a few times myself.

This trip has precisely dick to do with the truck.

It has everything to do with the pathological urge to persist when every force, known and unknown, that man beast or god can bring to bear against you is telling you to stop. Whether it's correct or not, whether it makes sense or not, Dave has his identity tied up in the idea of Making This Voyage. It's not about stubbornness, it's not about running away from his problems, it's about deciding that this time, the bastards aren't going to stop him. If the vehicle breaks down, he'll walk. If his feet fall off, he'll crawl. If he turns back, then even though you, me, and everyone he knows will tell him it was the right decision, and he will probably agree with us, he will see himself as a failure and it'll be a long time before he puts much effort into bettering his life.

This has never been a trip about fixing a truck. It's always been a trip about fixing his life, and if he's got the will to do it. The fact that that will is enabled by outside sources really isn't relevant, since ultimately it's not us staring at a thousand miles of bad road and strapping in.

And no it doesn't make any loving sense and it's dumb as hell by any rational definition. But long dark nights of the soul don't tend toward reason.

roll on, roll on you wonderful bastard

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

14 INCH posts are without fail the best posts I have read on something awful dot com. All glory to the great v8, all praise to its disciples, those unrelenting few who push on through fire and ice and massive clouds of blue smoke! God drat what a ride this thread has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

freelop posted:

Cut the jeep into bits and mail them out to people, spread the ashes to the four corners of the globe

And when, centuries from now, they are recombined, they will grant the driver one wish like the Dragon Balls except the wish must be an integer of cases of Panther Piss

• Locked thread