Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Oh my god you are my hero.

e:VVV A half-dead AMC oddball (doesn't that describe all AMCs?) in the hands of a madman.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

14 BAR RIFF posted:

$700. 1979. 4 Speed. 4.2L. LOUVRED. Spirit. AMX.

So what's the plan anyways, stroker 4.6? Cannibalize an awd system out of an eagle? Helicopter?

Hell, getting it to go in one direction without the aid of gravity might be a pretty good goal.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Sudo Echo posted:

oh my god does it really have the canadian tuxedo interior in all its glory?

incredible

Oh my god.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
There's so much wrong with it but so much that's right. If/when you get bored/sick of it I want it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Huh, I was wondering why the front end wasn't quite right for the year. I just figured someone put the prettier 78 front end on it for you. Once again, an AMC product turns into a confusing mess and isn't quite what you thought you were getting into. Don't worry, it's part of the experience.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

14 BAR RIFF posted:

This is what it took to get prescribed 4 capsules of Tylenol 3

Did you scream "Candy bar!" While they were doing that? Missed opportunity if not.

Seriously though, drat.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actually before I say a solid yes or no, why do you want it? Same reason I do? Or for another purpose. And can we get Kastein involved.

To throw my hat in the ring my brother lives in eastern washington and is a huge amc fan. He's strapped for cash but by the time you get tired of the amc he might be interested, at least as an agent for me. He'd probably do a v8 swap but I'd push for a 90's 4.0 build with the 4.2's crank.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
And as he drove on, the cars broke down as he touched them, for, though he did not know it, 14 Inch was a Rust God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy weekends. All the cars knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to keep him busy.

Seriously man I think you splashed mud on a Gypsy woman when you were learning how to drive or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
OK what would his plan be if not forinternet strangers? Did he just set off with what he had in his pockets and a sense of optimism?

Also I wish he was here to answer but did he used to live in NC to anyones knowledge? He looks like an aquaintance of mine that I always suspected was going to snap, maybe he finally did.

• Locked thread