Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I had intended for 14's car to be the chase/parts runner car when the 60 year old truck breaks down on the Truckventure.

So I guess the runnings are:
NuBeetle
AMX
Camero
Civic

What are the odds that one of these cars ends up on on the back of the truck? I'm sure the AMX could fit if you take the bumpers off. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

N is for Nipples posted:

13/14 [UNIT] [NOUN] please move in with kastien

I mean, he will be on the other side of the country by November.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cakefool posted:

You need some sort of roadtrip, some sort of experience and time away from your current grind. You need to change the environment you're attempting to function in.

You need to get rid of that loving camaro.

If only he had some sort of cross country road trip planned in a few months. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

That looks more like a rash than anything

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

kastein posted:

I still need to check my spare parts pile for that one for you, I keep forgetting :sigh:

That Justy's motor died the way they all do, seized and threw a rod, based on the few leavings we found. Trans, longblock, and most other stuff was gone but I grabbed a bunch of random poo poo I stupidly left on the ground when I bought my spare motor parts pile in CO.

I really want one of those 6CTA8.3 cummins for the 5 ton but not sure shipping them 3k miles would be economical.

If only you knew someone who was transporting a large truck across the country. :sigh:

kastein posted:

I think 14 is gonna have to carry the torch on the return to the yard for more justy parts. I'll gladly pay for that drat mirror + labor, can't believe I forgot it.

I'd be on that like flies on poo poo if this was 2012 or 2013, but my life is different now and I can't just gently caress off for a few weeks anymore :sigh:

(On the other hand, it is much improved this way.)

As much fun as it would be to make this the great goon meetup, I can totally understand that. poo poo, I can barely get the time off I need for this project, so it's all good.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I mean, we could at least get it on the east coast for ya. I'm sure you can find some lower east coast goon who could hang on to it for you.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

Have room, will store. Could probably move it north however far I could get back in a full day on i95 from mid state sc, for gas money.

Now the question is how will 14" fit it into the Honda. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey does anyone have the links to some of the previous threads?

I'm trying to show my buddy who's going on the truck trip what kind of insanity he's getting into.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CRAPVAN vs. CIVIC

WHO WILL BREAKDOWN FIRST? PLACE YER BETS!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey guys look what I found out in the field here!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I don't know if he'll be able to make it to the truck at the rate he's going. Gonna be cutting it very close.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm not sure what his eta is, but if he thinks he can make it here, there's still lots to be done.

Unfortunately I think due to parts avalibility and shipping times we may be in a bit of a failure state here with regards to how much time I can spend here.

I definitely would love for hime yo come and help, but I don't want him to kill himself out there.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm not sure. The parts we need all have to be shipped in, and since this a small town that takes time.

We're almost ready to get the engine mounted, we've got the bracket welded up, and we're planning a test fit. We can't however finish the shifter linkages. We need a ball with very odd thread count (13/16-14)

I've got one order, but even if we rushed everthing, we'd still be cutting it too close. I need to be back in FL by Sunday. Assuming we get it close to running, that's still a 1600 mile trip in a truck that can't go freeway speeds.

I mean, realistically we could get the engine bolted in, hooked up to the trasmission, and b in b a point where v all that's left is Lights, ECU wiring, brakes and tires.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to make it out til spring.

I'm trying to get whoever has his contact info here to relay that yoo him. But I don't have any way to reach him now that his phone is gone.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, but if he's already has this much trouble already, in a populated area, there's goinf to be a lot of trouble if he gets to the midwest. It's just plain empty around here.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, why a bellhousing from the 60s has such a weird threading is beyond me.

But, this does give me a chance to plan some more and get things worked out a bit better. I really wish it worked out better than this though. :/

Also, to anyone who thinks he v should press on, bring up his route in Google. There are seriously like 100 mile gaps with nothing in them.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah if you want to email me his number:

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Just got an update.

He's in Montana.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Sounds like he's doing alright. The van we took up here seemed like it got slightly worse milage than he's getting.

Of course, we drove it pretty much nonstop for 26 hours sooo...

14" update: Should be entering SD soon, about 4 hours away from Valentine now.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'll text Dave again, but I gave hime. Coordinates for the location earlier as well.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So we've all been drinking here at the site, this is actually happening?

This is fantastic

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

As a Jeep owner I can say yes, jeeps are the path to madness

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ronpaul.gif

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

He's in Valentine
Site arrival within 15 mins

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

A connection has been made.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Also, you know, he has a house with a working furnace and mattress to stay in.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Correct. Djdanno is the property owner there

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

You should see the rest of his collection. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Based on the ride to the bus/gas station, can confirm that Nebraska is a very empty state

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, backing into a trailer is the cause. Back when I did valet there were so many trucks that had dents in the bumper or tailgate right around where the trailer hitch is.

I have one on my work van from there. I also had one on the crapvan that's in Nebraska, but that was from backing into a tree.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:catstare:

Dave what did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010