Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

You need to vinyl wrap at least some of it in plaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I managed to turn a group meeting with the topic of faith and forgiveness into discussions of nihilism and Kurt cobain

You're doing the Lord's work, son.

... which Lord is a matter of debate.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

drat it Janet

SLUT!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
On the other hand, I found a black widow (hourglass and all) in my shed with my mower, gas can, etc. a few weeks ago. :supaburn: I killed that one with brakleen and this is arriving tomorrow.:commissar:

Just saying I completely understand the "salt the motherfucking earth" reaction.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

West SAAB Story posted:

He doesn't want to stay in Deer Lodge. It'll probably be slightly cheaper outside of Butte.

Yeah, the prison being there jacks up motel prices.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

West SAAB Story posted:

That wasn't a semicolon.

Huh? I was agreeing with you.

Panaflex posted:

I've been pulling the weather forecasts for the rest of his trip to Valentine and to be honest it doesn't look that bad. If he's beyond Missoula as was posted a number of hours ago pulling the long haul should put him there in the morning (hopefully). Ride shiny and chrome, Dave!

Yeah, I checked Homestake earlier today and it was dry. If anything kills the Jeep, it'll be that. But I guess it made it over both Lookout and Fourth of July okay so :shrug:. I honestly think if he makes it over the divide, he'll make it the whole way.

edit:

PopeCrunch posted:

This has never been a trip about fixing a truck. It's always been a trip about fixing his life, and if he's got the will to do it. The fact that that will is enabled by outside sources really isn't relevant, since ultimately it's not us staring at a thousand miles of bad road and strapping in.

The therapeutic nature of a thousand miles of road stretching out ahead of you and saying, "yeah, let's do this" cannot be overstated.

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

nm posted:

My cousin lived in Deer Lodge when she worked for NPS and that place sounds weird as hell anyhow.
On the other hand if the Jeep breaks down there, she might know someone in a pinch.

Going through the auto museum in the old prison is pretty awesome (as is touring the old prison itself) and I try to stop whenever I go through, but I wouldn't ever want to stay there longer than a day trip.

• Locked thread