Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jesus Christ, I knew I felt a disturbance in the Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'll be in my bunk.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

An AMC with a Dorito in it would be bloody hilarious.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

There's one of those for sale in the next little town over. Rusty as gently caress and the guy wants six grand, though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Imagine putting in a call for an Uber car, and a first gen three door Civic shows up. That would brighten the darkest day.

I lean more towards Probable Causemaro, complete with 'gently caress YOU UBER' written on the back window. That would make my day.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The first rule of 14" appears to be 'When the sign says Hell, next six exits, just keep the pedal on the firewall'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It's got a bunch of alt-health woo around it now, but my grandparents swore by epsom salt baths for skill irriration and I've had good luck with them when my feet are all torn up from weeks of boots in the summer heat. It's cheap as hell, might be worth a try.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Honda in its natural habitat.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14" thread isn't enough?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I had a confused moment there was like 'What, do even the cops in Seattle drive Subies?'

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seriously, I want to put that picture of you with the VW and a current one with the Causemaro next to each other as a PSA.

"FLAT RATE : NOT EVEN ONCE"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Godspeed, you mad bastard.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm starting to be convinced that kastein and 14" are some kind of yin and yang. No matter how terrible, rusty, and shithouse, somehow Ken's jeeps run. Even when they shouldn't. Especially when they shouldn't. Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, we have a mechanic who appears to have so offended God that he has been cursed to walk the land, every vehicle he works upon breaking in more esoteric and nonsensical ways simply to force his hand and hone his craft.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Astonishing Wang posted:

He said he's getting 230 miles per tank which is about what my TJ gets - not terrible but not really good at all. He should be paying under $3/gallon and a 20 gallon tank = $60 fill up.

Has mpg gotten way worse?

Yeah, 230 to the tank is about what my shitbox XJ was getting before I traded it in.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I already suggested that but Kastein has all sorts of responsibilities or some nonsense.

Responsibilities and house assembly/car disassembly to finish before he gets snowed in, I assume.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14" is going to end up with a stylized V8 tattooed on his chest before this whole adventure is over. :perfect:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

angryrobots posted:

I'm from The South, and can't fathom being 2.5 hrs from a Wal-Mart anywhere in America.

Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Nebraska's the edge of where the West really starts getting loving empty. Driving across western Nebraska at night in the winter is a hell of an experience.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Willingness hell, that was a pure and almost lovingly sadistic flogging.

You can't buy that kind of thing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

What the hell is it with Cherokees. That's the exact spot is exactly where the bumper dent on my 99' was, and approximately every one I've seen has the same.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

I think it's because people don't look over their shoulders far enough when backing up. My 98 had a dent in exactly the same spot too and I think my buddy Jay's '90 has one there also... his was bad enough he had to beat the kink on the top face down with a hammer to open the hatch.

Mine was from getting rear ended by a car that got hit from behind at 35 by an idiot on her cell phone. :smith:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

:perfect:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I am at a loss for words.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Holy poo poo. :stare:

That Jeep was getting to Valhalla one way or another.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Safety glass will usually fall to bits below that, though, as the plastic center and outer glass deform at different rates.

Still, Jesus Christ Dave. I'm glad you're okay.

You're okay, right? Just lacking in the sock department?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

:stonkhat:

So uh.. seriously, what caused the fire?

Fate.

• Locked thread