Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Just been catching up on the thread. Meeting 14 in person is probably everything you would imagine it is. I'm planning on throwing crackers and beer across the field at him to keep him sum what lucid but I'm hesitant about traveling nearer I'm..... I'm scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

The engine mount will be good. Trans crossmember not so much and might have to be removed or altered. Also yes 14 does remind me of myself and exploding Sims didn't get to see the other 3 cars I have stashed at a different place lol

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Yes? I live in the middle of nowhere.

Actually amazon is pretty good and everything usually gets here within a week or less. 2 day is crazy expensive and overnight is literally impossible. Like, it is not an available option from any shipping company.

Edit : and it's only 2 hours from any Walmart.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

There are more cows here than people and my county is bigger in land mass than the state of Rhode island. Yet is not in the top 5 largest counties in the USA. Robot sent you a pm back.

Worse, an Oldsmobile w body. And I have no idea, guessing no because Olds and auto.

Double edit, I guess I don't know which car you're talking about. I have a 90s Olds sitting out here but in the pic is a type 3, 71 Newport, and a 78 Olds delta with bucket seats and a console shift. It's actually pretty drat sweet.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 4, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

West SAAB Story posted:

Please tell me one of the cars missing from our photos is either a K Car, GNX, or BiTurbo. I could see 14" devote the last of his blood into one of those (for at least a week).

Does a Daytona z count?

Dagen H posted:

I must have this

I'm willing to sell anything I own. It's just some things cost more than others.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Dagen H posted:

Possibly a 403

Olds 350

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

I think the plan right now is 14 drives heep to Florida. Jeep stays here. 14 somehow makes his way back and gets jeep.

Edit: Gah, I messed up the names. Been going on like 6 hours of sleep for the last 3 days.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 5, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Um apparently there is a fire at my house with the fire department on the way and I'm still 20 minutes away.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

My neighbor called and said the fire dept made it out there and the only thing harmed is the jeep. 14 called me first asking where the garden hoses and hydrants were. Think we need to get a large type c extinguisher before we do much more.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Still 10 minutes out.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

So the really great news, Dave is okay. The house is okay, all the tools except for a few sockets were not inside. None of my cars were damaged. The bad?

The jeep is dead.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

everdave posted:

Man I hope all is ok and djdanno not pissed and I don't want to make light BUT THIS IS loving AWESOME

I mean like no one is happy to have a vehicle fire in their front yard but it happened and it's done. No one got hurt and not much was lost besides a jeep so why should I get mad? I just feel bad for Dave is all. But at least now he doesn't have to figure out how to get back to nebraska to get his jeep out?

Rhyno posted:

Seriously grab the steering wheel before they tow it away.

djdanno must really be wondering what the hell he's gotten himseflf into.

Oh don't worry, there's no one to tow anything away until we do it ourselves.

Nah, everything is going pretty much how I figured it would. I'm a goddamn sa and ai veteran. I was fully aware of what I was committing to and goddammit this is one goon project that's going to loving make it.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 12, 2016

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

What caused the fire? Well the fuel rail had massive leaks, especially at the regulator. Like you could see it dripping out as the car was running. Honestly it was almost a miracle it didn't burst into flames somewhere over the Rockies. Anyways Dave was rightfully skeezed out by this and that was the main reason he was driving the Jimmy so he could get parts for the jeep. One regulator later and the problem was fixed.... at the regulator. This caused more pressure further down the rail where there was another leak, but one not as apparent as the first one. Eventually gas and hot engine does what it always does and poof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I'm just really glad 14" wasn't like, asleep inside the Jeep at the time or something.

I know right!

• Locked thread