Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

I mean, we could at least get it on the east coast for ya. I'm sure you can find some lower east coast goon who could hang on to it for you.

Have room, will store. Could probably move it north however far I could get back in a full day on i95 from mid state sc, for gas money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

kastein posted:

I'll keep that in mind, and I'd be more than happy to pay, but just so you're aware, it's a cummins 6CTA8.3 along with all the hosing, ancillaries, intercooler, flywheel and clutch, etc from a city bus. It weighs 3/4 of a ton as a longblock and probably a full ton complete. I need to find out price, what redline and torque/power these ones are tuned for, how I'd get it out of the bus and some other stuff.

I have a 1 ton truck, a 10k trailer, and a tractor loader with forks.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Starting to wonder if this is what Job felt like that one day that God climbed down off a ladder, looked the devil in the eye, and proudly exclaimed "The Aristocrats!"
:stare:

In chapter 41 verse 5, in the middle of a speech about how powerful and almighty he is, God sarcastically asks Job if he could play with leviathan (God's favorite sea monster) like a bird, or put it on a leash for Job's girls to play with.

God knew Job's children were all dead.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

All that you ask, shall come to pass. The house of Isaac shall rule all mankind.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I don't know whether or not I should go back to the instructors who guided and taught me my trace and punch them in the loving mouth for knowing the lies they told and the path they set forth for me, or run sobbing into arms I know will be waiting outstretched and just cry, cry into that comforting embrace because somebody finally understood what I needed most.
Do not set your face in anger at those charged in your instruction. They were bound to their charge and did not have the luxury of free will.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

And lo, witness as the 7 angels pour out the bowls of my wrath upon unrepentant mankind

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You need a cardboard checklist. The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Edit: I suppose the box of wine may be pointing you in this direction. Save the box, sayeth the Lord.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

REPENT, ALL YE SINNERS. REPENT, AL YE WICKED. REPENT, FOR THE HORN OF THE ARCHANGEL HAS SOUNDED AND THE 4.0 HORSEMEN PREPARE TO DRIVE. REPENT, FOR JUDGMENT DAVE COMES FOR US ALL.

REPENT, REPENT SINNERS AT THE SOUNDING OF THE OLD ONES 14" TRUMPET!

FOR WHEN HE TRAVELS THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS TO FULFILL THE ANCIENT PROPHECY, NO SOUND WILL BE HEARD AGAIN EXCEPTING FOR THE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH FROM THAT PLACE WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That xj has already traveled over 197000 miles over the surface of our Earth, another 1505 should be easy.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

Guys 14 needs help money wise. He needs western union tonight to get going. I can't get out tonight with my kids but I can PayPal somebody $40 if they could go western union it to him. PayPal takes 3 days to clear for 14.
Well, you can send money with western union online (and holy poo poo their fees), but nobody has posted the agent location it should be sent to.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

Depending on his actual needs and abilities, sending money via Wal-Mart MoneyGram is a lot cheaper. It's only about 14%.

If he can actually use a Wal-Mart Prepaid MoneyCard, the load fees are 0% (or $3 on site). He can buy one for $1 (there is a $5/mo fee for balances under $1,000). So, if he can get there and buy a card, we can all pay into one of those independently.
This is all brand new to me, but I looked into the Wal-Mart card and I think he'd have to possess a personalized card for it to be reloadable by "friends or family", so a basic card he could pick up in the store won't work (there's an application process just like a credit card, minus needing to be approved for credit, they mail you a card with your name on it).

Not that I have any knowledge of what is best, but the WU online fee was "only" 13% - unless they tack on more when you go through the whole transaction, I only got as far as picking a location.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

First of all we need a solid location. :/

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 is stuck in Spokane, thinks he has the fuel and oil consumption problem patched but is out of gas money.

He is "headed to Wal-Mart", I think to speak with customer service and hopefully get a card activated that we can put money on.

14 INCH JEEP posted:

pls ask ioc change thread title to 'Verdi's Requiem for a Jeep'

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Tell him to turn around and go home. He's never going to make it at this rate.
For all I know that may be his plan but currently he is dead in the water.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

"captioned i was bound to check if i had wipers sooner or later"

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So I informed him of the logistics and the concern of you all, and it went about like you should expect.

14 INCH JEEP posted:

tell thread i proceed to target. payload is hot and armed

14 INCH JEEP posted:

i have literally all i need but funds for gas and oil and sealants\adhesives. jeep finally drives well

If ExplodingSims could be reached to say where he's at on the project, that would be ideal.

His location is:

Shadle Center, 2301 W Wellesley Ave, Spokane, WA 99205 - Wal-Mart Store #2865

14 inch spoke to customer service and the W2W transfer is the only option, as he does not have internet access to register a pre paid card.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

There is free internet at virtually every Wal-Mart if he can borrow a laptop or the cell phone has WiFi. W2W will still be cheaper, though.

The biggest issue with W2W is that unless we all want to get hit with nasty fees, we need to trust someone to pool the funds and remit payment. I've got $40 I can throw to the cause from selling a couple things on SAMart, but those are only available via PayPal, and I don't want to pay 10% of that sending it to him if I can send it to him, instead.
His phone is pre Wi-Fi. I can volunteer to send him some cash when I get off work via W2W, and y'all can pay me back for some of it or whatever.

Currently he wants to drive to Butte and evaluate whether the jeep can continue.

Sims, I know you're working but if you could give the short and dirty of what you plan to do that would be great. Leaving for home when, and returning to the truck how long in the future?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

He'll get the most out of it if there is someone we can trust to make the payment, and we can ePay/et al. angryrobots has offered to send some cash- I'm almost in the "Be Home or Get Egged" time, and USPS still hasn't picked up the SAMart goodies yet, today..

So, I guess we need to find out how much angryrobots is willing to front, unless IoC or someone else is willing to do so.
I sent him $200 via w2w, still waiting to hear back that he picked it up.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'll post PayPal up later, after confirmation he received the money.

Also if you need further proof that God is against this, i somehow managed to lose my new sun/z87 safety glasses between my car and the Wal-Mart customer service desk. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

You can't blame good taste on mythological things..

Eh? I have to wear safety glasses for work, so I found some decent ones. Anyway.

14 INCH JEEP posted:

There I fixed it

14 INCH JEEP posted:

today is charlies day. helter skelter, bitches

14 INCH JEEP posted:

spokane was dry until jeep work started. all this came down last night and stopped when i stopped

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH JEEP posted:

i have no maps no cash no internet

but i am on a mission from god, i have 3\4 a tank of gas, its dark and im wearing glasses. hit it.

14 INCH JEEP posted:

i have failed at literally everything else in my life till now. i am getting that truck to florida for sims

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

Where's our "I got the cash!" post, followed by a PP address?
Well I would like for someone else to confirm from him, that he got my money, but my PP is username at the Google mail service. If y'all send me more than, or even close to what I sent, I will send the excess along to him.

I sent $200 with a $9.50 service charge tacked on. The last text I received from him at 6:17 est after I told him it should be available to pick up:

14 INCH JEEP posted:

yes departing spokane

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

At the moment I clicked post, this came through.

14 INCH JEEP posted:

you will die when i give you permission to die . and it will not be a peaceful death

slothrop posted:

If angryrobots or whoever has a paypal address for me to send some cash to, please let me know. I'm probably of the opinion he should turn around but I guess there's nothing that is going to change his mind at this point.

It's my username at the Google mail service.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

slothrop posted:

Ok flicked $75 through, might take a couple of days because ~international money is so hard~

Received, along with a couple more.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

Sent a little to angry robots let us know when he picks up funds so he may continue
He picked up the money I sent ($200) at ~6pm eastern time, from what he told me. Afaik, he is currently traveling and has been for a few hours.

I have received money from Liam, Shawn, Arthur, and The Laptop Dudes which totals $185 of the $209.50. As far as I'm concerned, I'm refunded more than necessary.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yup, if he doesn't need it I'll send it right back to ya.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dave is currently in Missoula, Montana. The jeep is still running well; gas mileage much improved.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

AT 3:11 est

14 INCH posted:

15mpg butte achieved gas expected to last until mid wyoming pressing on

He then repeated the request for a thread title change, to the above "Requiem for a Jeep".

Edit, received just now 6:25 est

14 INCH posted:

stopped to pee in big timber just outside the Crazy Mountains

i am officially in the mountains of madness

Edit 2

14 INCH posted:

also let thread know mileage back down blowby increasing have oil on hand but previous estimate of mid wyoming may be closer to wyoming border if decrease continues and would like to pre plan before stranding. no other drivability issues at this time just a thirsty, thirsty whore

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 1, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Because I'm not available until much later today and could drop by Wal-Mart before work, I went ahead and sent another $250 which he can pick up at any Wal-Mart in Montana.

So currently we have sent $450 (plus the two $9.50 fees), and I have received further donations from Matthew and John, all told up to $285. So I'm currently in the red $184.

slothrop posted:

Does he need help with routing etc? I seem to recall he has no map and is kinda flying blind.

He is asking about which is the best of the two routes he could take after passing billings - the southern route on 90, or eastern route through Wyoming.

You can Google map Billings MT to Valentine NE, and see the two suggested routes.

14 INCH posted:

look up speed limits along the east east route as while i cant go fast anyways the map book shows it as a much smaller line and the 60 miles less may gently caress it all up if its like a 40 zone the whole way instead of south to wyoming

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 1, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

"Lawl"

14 INCH posted:

made 230 miles from full to start of red on fuel gauge

jeep things i do not understand: dude excitedly askingif this was an 89 pioneer. yes. specifically that, loving freak

had 3 people whistle and cheer seeing me re aiming my headlamps

also yesterday in spokane took a poo poo so hard solid shrapnel hit me on both cheeks due to sheer force of impact with the back of the bowl. day before that i made truckers at a truck stop screech to a halt and prop the door open with a trash canand wait in a line outside for a full cigarette before resuming its service

please inform thread i legit think my rear end is broken

just not as broken as this loving jeep lol. heading to exit before billings in columbus now

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

He has picked up the latest cash flow in billings, just received the following:

14 INCH posted:

about to hit walmart. haaaaard start rough idle asking if i was on course

at walmart center claims opens at 7am so good timing and i pray to god these stops arent solely on your shoulders

I replied that there were quite a few donations from people who wanted to see him safely through.

14 INCH posted:

recieved and giive my supreme thanks to all involved

there must be a cheaper way to return home. im thinking perhaps a personal pleasure yacht while borne aloft upon a howdah carried by well oiled exotic and androgynous eunuch-servants

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Me: "Did you decide on a route and need any further directions?

It appears the southern route following i90 passes more towns, the east route is pretty sparse"

14 INCH posted:

itll handle sparse as long as the beast stays fed. map distances per markers are well within max range and ive been told its flat and straight. strrongly considering 212

leaving walmart had to walk around to de cramp legs

14 INCH posted:

walmarts greatest hits north american super tour 2016 stops in spokane billings further tour dates tba

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH JEEP posted:

lost the fuel gauge lol my tank is definitely not well past full thank you

staying on 90 for city stops

14 INCH JEEP posted:

um that aint right

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Donations received from Matthew, John, Blake, Jason, and another pending from Arthur on behalf of slung blade. I'll have to detail it out later when I can sit and do some math but it looks like I'm pretty caught up on the funds I fronted.

Edit, also:

14 INCH posted:

alive again issue in harness yanked and gauges back ammeter works

Could someone contact IOC and see if the thread title could be changed per 14"?

"REQUIEM FOR A JEEP"

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 1, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

extreme_accordion posted:

Was just through a lot of the WY MT parts of his trip 2 years ago.
Is he headed to Valentine? Wouldn't 90 to Murdo SD be "better"?

Yeah he decided to stick to 90.

Just received:

14 INCH posted:

emergency truck stop nap just outside billings to ensure proper calibration of roadside/roofside check valve and isolator bridge complete safety checks passed all green resuming wigndaws 9&5 ngrmadly now

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

montana state patrol moved over to let me pass without lighting me up

Rec'd. Although if y'all would, just hold up on the funds for now, that pretty much catches me up.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 1, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

On the other hand, fuel consumption at those speeds is going to be even more horrendous. $400 in gas to go 500 miles or so is ridiculous.

This is not to be a tale of wise decisions, carefully made.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Current position - Wyoming, 115 miles to Gillette

14 INCH posted:

exactly 10mpg and 1/2 qt oil loss after 125 mile straight pedal to the firewall WOT

gotta hand it to the bitch it can take what it gives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

now make sure they understand

my lonely martyr, this will be over soon

you drive so precious

• Locked thread