Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Stocking up on j/o crystals for the trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Charge indicator came on solid and re checking and replacing connections as needed didnt correct it. But drat these crimps.

Hmm, did not realize such a thing existed. Need to pick one of those up for the bug, since it's getting a full wiring harness. Screw dealing with 60 year old wire, nuke it from orbit and start fresh.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I still Crack up thinking about when we got the blue bug years ago and discovered someone rewired literally the entire fuse panel/underhood in identically gauge unlabeled red primary

Sounds like my 68 I built in high school back in 92. Every wire on that car was either burned or the same color.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

What's that in the background?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It's infrequent, and was actually advised to me as a once a week idea. It's also diluted heavily, didn't event bleach my pant leg that slipped in. And the pain began before the soak, and intensified during. When I got my primary care set up I told them it was many years and many, many miles since I had any physicals and I told them I wanted to have them know me as well as physically possible without currently having a thumb in my rear end so they took a lot of blood and an STD screen and everything came back golden.

Work continues on the Honda.

You're missing out, the prostate check is the best part of a physical.

As for busted rear end toes, when I had a toenail trying to go ingrown on me and going bad, I just soaked it in epsom salt and constantly hosed it down with iodine.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
True story, I almost had a 36hp motor with full Judson set up for 1500, then the rear end in a top hat "decided to keep it" (read: someone offered him a load of money for it).

The Judson gives a 1200 drat near 60hp at the crank.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actually nope, that's the hilarious part about the initial test results. The first two years I used tinder with an actual profile that was friendly and easily relatable with flattering pictures I did swipe right on literally everything and after deleting the cam bait and bot results, had a return of one single real person who swiped right, answered a hello message once, and never again. I actually had better luck, raw numberwise, with the butt dialed insanity plea in March left to an idle account that was left untouched until the ressurection and updating done yesterday, and then just swiped on a few that caught my eye for the hell of it.

In short,

This thread continues to amaze. On that note.

Take this advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKO-ebWS4Ko

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It was the phone letting me know i had an active face book chat window shortcut. I had a friend read what I wrote and start to pep talk me as far as how I'm not as broken as I say I am or make myself out to be, but missing the specific vein of use I throw so casually around. It's not that I have become a bad person, or flawed to the point of being shunned from society entirely.

Im sure it's a shock to hear that a goon of all people, who grew up verging on morbidly obese with cystic acne who grew up bullied through his entire life because he fought against severe mental health problems he was lucky enough to be born with, happened to find difficulty in being able to be socially normailed and we'll travelled in the dating world. I laugh about being broken, because no matter when I was fat or at my fittest, employed or not, sober or not, medicated and stable or not, only ever asked to find someone to share my life with like everyone else in the world.

In my entire life, I can say I have had a grand total of 3 serious relationships, sprinkled with my fair share of simply right place right time moments of fleeting chance. I've had an OKC account since 2006, with a total of 2 dead end first dates, match.com declared me unable to be matched. Plenty of fish in the sea perhaps once, but I keep casting lines into Mono Lake and wondering how long until the beer runs out.

I have been told to my face that someone out there some day will be lucky to have me but as good as I am I just flat out did not spark a single flicker of desire. Each of the three serious ones cheated on me in the end, once out of distance, once because she said she just wanted to make sure there wasn't some one better out there and she was getting tied down to a life of boredom and routine, and once after literally saving a life and then getting her into treatment for a disease that let me watch the person I love die slowly before me every day for a year, because I didn't understand how hard it was being lonely.

So when I post about red flags and damage, this is all just out of comedic interest to find out if the joke about women only being interested in you when you're not available. I have absolutely zero intent to see any of these out, to have a rebound, to share what's left of my life with anyone else. It's like pursusing information out of scholastic interest. I'm broken in the sense that I have pieced myself back together, but the jagged shard that made me want to date is simply missing and as far as functionality goes is entirely cosmetic. So like all dead horses I so thoroughly enjoy beating, I wonder just how far I can push a dating profile past the point any reasonable person should ever be interested in and watch what happens

I'm about to turn 40, quit my job and move from Texas to Colorado at 29. I tried every dating site ever. Never got poo poo. Dated who I thought I was going to marry, she hosed 2 dudes behind my back, and that basically broke my ability to every care again. At least you get the good side of depression from time to time, I'm working on a solid 20 years of pure major depression, with the only think keeping me on the rails is lexapro, booze and knowing my mom would be destroyed if I Kurt Cobained.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 19, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How can anyone sleep at night knowing they are such a piece of poo poo that their only option in life is to hand out tickets to cars parked in 1 place too long.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

meatpimp posted:

Can't see the forest from the trees situation.

Basically -- to not be poisoned, you have to stop poisoning yourself. There are just many ways to say that / examples to use / etc

The terminology doesn't matter, the overarching idea does.

Edit: and there may be some truth to the anger/cancer thing: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cancer-anxiety-men-20160920-snap-story.html

If anger causes cancer, I probably already have cancer.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Now that the Honda has power to cruise at 80+mph should traffic decide to allow it, I'd like to take an opportunity to demonstrate proper driving technique to maintain proper speed and angle of attack.

Just keep the pedal buried and try not to think about how small you really are in the grand scheme of things, and the only thing stopping your tiny little spark of sentient existence from absolute, total oblivion might as well be a coffin made from tinfoil and granted the power of mobility because mankind is doomed, their folly to reach past their limits in search of the great unknown

AircooledVW.txt

Whats the hp on that little bugger again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

CharlesM posted:

You know what's funny is my cat never ate wet food. I tried. She would only eat her dry food. No people food. Funny cat.

Same with mine. He doesn't even like catnip or treats. As a result, he's too loving skinny.

• Locked thread