Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

14 BAR RIFF posted:

$19.50/hr pre tax.

That's... depressing. I mean, I'd love $19.50/hr where I live, but the cost of living where you are is a hell of a lot higher than here. :smith:

So I know a certain WA-based company that hires people at 18/hr base and allows customers to tip.... and you set your own schedule..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

TheFonz posted:

Uber is based in San Fran bro.

Uber doesn't let people tip, and doesn't have a base hourly rate. :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I thought that was a cat toy when I saw the video. :stare:

Good catch Rosie.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:supaburn: BRAKE FAILURE :supaburn:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Kastein and I shifted the Honda a half inch over by lifting on the rear bumper

To be fair, Ken bench presses fully dressed 4.0s in his spare time.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So how well does a carb work on a compression-ignition engine?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ah, gotcha. I was under the impression that some natural gas engines were compression ignition, at least the ones that were based on a diesel engine. :downsgun:

Just confirms I know pretty much nothing about them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

When I cleaned out my car before it went into the body shop, I found my 3 ring binder from when I went to rehab.

It was full of 12 step stuff (obviously), along with putting faith into a higher power, and all of this was printed on both the front and back cover. I left it in the car on the passenger seat. Kinda curious how the body shop people reacted to it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:glomp:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

14 BAR RIFF posted:

For scale that's a 32mm axle nut and a 4x120mm lug spacing.

4x120? :stare:

Honda was a huge fan of 4x100 on everything through the 80s (and 90s Civics + Integras still used 4x100), what the hell Honda?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I was gonna say... never even heard of that spacing before. The first result on Google for 4x120 was 1stgencivic.com. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

And yet, the rainbow sheen of grease and confrontational denial still coils away off the tarp

:ssh: the tarp is downhill from the rainbow goodness

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So what sidelined the Probable Causemero?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That... that's the best bill of sale ever.

Please tell me you're going to the DMV dressed exactly like that, with the same comic-sized bill of sale, to transfer it to your name.

edit: except replace the flashlight with an equally comic sized cigar.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I thought the civic was functional.

I think the timing belt stretched, causing a... timing incident.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 27, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

No, I think the previous owner paid $500 for it, and gifted it to 14.

... if I'm reading that bill of sale correctly.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So what's that one lonely warning light for? Seat belt? :allears:

Fermented Tinal posted:

What's with the gently caress-off huge fuel gauge?

Serious answer, base model mopars put the fuel gauge in where the tach should go. If it had a tach, the fuel gauge would be on the bottom left where that lonely light is, I think.

I'm kinda surprised to see oil and voltage gauges without a tach though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

At my place, 1-4am is kitty crazy time. By that I mean my cat is hauling rear end around my apartment chasing ghosts that only cats can see (and sometimes pissing off my downstairs neighbor, apparently a 14 pound animal running at ~20-30 mph makes a lot of noise). 8 or 9 am is "I'm gonna knead on STR's adam's apple to wake him up, then laugh when it makes him dry heave". 11am is followed with more of the same. So is 12pm. And 12:30pm. And 1pm. I don't usually wake up until 1. :argh:

I don't think he'd ever been the only pet in a household before I moved...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

He's easily running a loving 10k here, daily!

He's sound asleep most of the day (aside from occasionally waking up to eat, take a massive poo poo, or ask for attention)... until 1-2 am. Then it's OHFUCK time for a few hours, complete with him attempting to rip my feet open if I try to walk across the apartment without keeping an eye on him.

He's really turned into a little poo poo since I moved. I love the little poo poo, but you don't dare take off your socks if you plan to walk anywhere within the apartment at night. I can't seem to wear him out during crazy time, though if I happen to go to bed, crazy time suddenly ends and turns into cuddle time.

It's not exactly a small apartment (... for an apartment) either, it's around 800 sq ft. Pretty sure he's just bored now that he's the only animal.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My apartment charges $20/month pet rent for each pet. And a $500 pet fee per pet ($250 is a damage deposit, $250 is non-refundable). So.. adding another cat isn't really in the cards. I learned the hard way that maintenance tells the property manager about EVERYTHING they see in your apartment... stuff like "when I walked in, someone I didn't recognize was sitting on the couch and watching TV" (seriously, the property manager called me asking to know who was sitting on my couch next to me). I'm sure that has nothing to do with my calling the city property standards department about them refusing to fix electrical, plumbing, and (exterior) door lock issues for a few months. :fuckoff:

I feed a small amount of dry food several times a day instead of one or two large amounts, with canned food thrown in here and there. I used to free feed with dry food, but he turned into the Goodyear Blimp. He was around 9 pounds when I got him, and shot up to 17 pounds - he's still on the heavy side at about 14 pounds, but he's not (as much of) a walking heart attack anymore.

And uh.. on days that I work, I wake up around 1pm, get a shower, and leave. On days that I don't work, I sleep in a lot later. Interrupting his sleep would mean interrupting my sleep. :smith:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Apartment managers are bigger assholes that think they can charge $20/month per pet plus a huge deposit per pet. :colbert:

(otherwise I'd have 2 cats)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

He's generally not all that interested in other cats, and scared if they are in his space.

So some backstory here for those who haven't been playing along.

My cat is The Dude. I got him from rear end in a top hat casserole. He's incredibly sweet and loving (really, one of the sweetest cats I've ever known), but a bit on the skittish side - for example, anytime I sneeze (granted I sneeze really loud), he goes into hiding for a bit. Someone knocking on the door means he disappears for awhile as well. Not entirely sure why he's gotten so skittish, but it only showed up once I moved away from my parents house over the summer. I don't think he's ever been the only pet before. But the tl;dr of this is rear end in a top hat casserole knows my cat better than anybody else in the world.

Dude had a very rough early life as well, and has the scars to prove it. I have no idea how he can trust humans, but he's pretty much glued to my side anytime I'm at home (until I sneeze, anyway).

Sup dude?

My mom's cat is Diana. She got Diana from a shelter 4 or 5 months ago. Diana is smart, even for a cat, but also turns into a giant bitch around other animals. Diana had free reign of the cat room at that shelter, but I suspect that's because she didn't take poo poo from anyone.

Meet Diana. As IoC said, Diana has had about enough of your poo poo.

My mom's dog is Diego. He's a very sweet, but also incredibly stupid, collie, who literally runs away from his own shadow, and shits himself anytime he gets nervous. Diego will also never be housebroken, BTW. He's 8 or 9 now and still insists on making GBS threads in the dining room every day, and won't poo poo in the back yard. He'll sometimes poo poo in the front yard. He mostly prefers to poo poo on carpet. :argh:

Hi Brady Diego!

I was living with my mom for several years up until this summer. So The Dude and Diego are very familiar with each other.

I got The Dude about 2 years ago (Dec 2014 to be exact). The Dude loves Diego. So much so that he would follow Diego into his crate and try to make biscuits from his neck or legs..

Dude is a shitload more active now that he's the only pet. Almost too active. 2am kitty crazy time is more like 1-5am kitty crazy time.

Mom wants me to bring Dude up when I go by on Thanksgiving. Diego would probably poo poo himself in excitement. Diana would absolutely attempt to murder Dude. Diana is also planning Diego's death anyway, she would probably cackle if she could bury both of them together.

Dude also doesn't do too well around other cats. He's incredibly passive and chill, when 99.99999% of cats tend to go through life in "gently caress you, I'll do what I want" mode. This is ultimately why he wound up with me, AC has a couple of other cats that were being giant dicks toward him, and she felt it wasn't good for him. I'm really glad he wound up with me, he's an awesome buddy.

tl;dr rear end in a top hat casserole knows my cat better than anybody
tl;dr2 sorry for the pet derail
tl;dr3 dude is was currently curled up in a duffel bag that I left on the floor, but it's now 1-5am crazy time
tl;dr4 okay fine that's the real story behind why I don't have 2 cats

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 5, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Of course it's Limpy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:stonkhat:

So uh.. seriously, what caused the fire?

• Locked thread