Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you ask for this
I didn't ask for this
I asked for this
Please repeat the question
What the hell have you got to lose?
View Results

• Locked thread
WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

i was playing Deus Ex 1 the other day and entered Lucky Money and went postal with a sawed off. when i ran out of ammo i pulled out my GEP gun to frag some more when i spotted an enemy across the room aiming a bazooka at me. i took a shot then realized i had shot at my reflection in the mirror LOL.

Dongicus posted:

the glittering 3d-printed city being built in Oman for Augs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

While Adam jensens story is pretty lame getting to watch the schism in the illuminati happen is gonna be pretty good

Dec 26, 2012

i got this and so far it's fun. i'm bad at it though

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Message me on steam if I can watch you play this poo poo. Thanks imps.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

01011001 posted:

i got this and so far it's fun. i'm bad at it though

I played human revolution a ridiculous number of times and I was really bad at this for the first few hours. You e really gotta incorporate distractions into sneaking in this one, you can't just wait to find holes in pathing. I just did an early mission in Prague that seemed impossible until I realized it's like MGS and with a little planning I can make guards do whatever I want

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So the game crashed trying to load a save and now the game won't load at all. I'm on ps4. It just sits at the title splash and nothing ever happens 😑

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry, mate. Flew too close to the augs.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I uploaded my saves and I'm gonna reinstall hop fully my saves aren't corrupted 😑

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Good luck. Seriously.

Is there not a previous save you can load from? Or are you like me and just autosave and not worry about it?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kazvall posted:

Good luck. Seriously.

Is there not a previous save you can load from? Or are you like me and just autosave and not worry about it?

It corrupted all ten save slots. I have to delete them all for the game to open. Goodbye 23 hours

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Once the day 1 patch reinstalls I'm gonna try downloading them one at a time to see if one works

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Benny D posted:

It corrupted all ten save slots. I have to delete them all for the game to open. Goodbye 23 hours

poo poo.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Clean install and update and I found one save that works where I only lose about an hour allahunakhbar

If I wanted to deal with this poo poo I would buy a pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's pretty hosed up

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

drat, the more i see of this game the more AWESOME it looks. French canadians, youve outdone yourselves once again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Apparently any DLC, including cash shop crap and the preorder bonuses, is only valid on one save. RIP

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Apparently any DLC, including cash shop crap and the preorder bonuses, is only valid on one save. RIP

:crossarms:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
It's so insane to have cash shop credit boosts in a singleplayer PC game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

Bitter manchildren torpedoed the rad-looking Augment Your Preorder campaign before it could really gain ground... They had to find some other way to really make Deus Ex stand out.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

drat, the more i see of this game the more AWESOME it looks. French canadians, youve outdone yourselves once again.

this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its weird theyre offering the real money level ups cause i feel like all the upgrades use less kits this time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its weird theyre offering the real money level ups cause i feel like all the upgrades use less kits this time
It's insane, Deus Ex is not a hard game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

They have them in all the assassin's creed games and I think they make disgusting amounts of money.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's insane how many millions and millions of people would spend money just to see a number get bigger.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

asscreed is epic amazeballs so anything that pushes games toward more ubification as i like to call it is good in my book

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

asscreed is epic amazeballs so anything that pushes games toward more ubification as i like to call it is good in my book

ubification is duh, winning

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

more power! aug aug aug! -home depot guy meme i remember from daycrew or w/e. anyone made that joke yet

edit: home improvement.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

more power! aug aug aug! -home depot guy meme i remember from daycrew or w/e. anyone made that joke yet

edit: home improvement.

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Zicke Zacke Zicke Zacke Aug Aug Aug!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also if you buy "crafting parts" you can make multi tools that unlock anything no matter the level. It's gross but the micros aren't intrusive so it doesn't really bother me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I didn't play Human Revolution, did it jump between third and first person this often? I know the original Deus Ex did it during conversations which is whatever but I really don't like the perspective cuts whenever you go behind cover or attack someone in melee or whatever .... maybe that sounds dumb but it's kinda jarring and makes everything feel a little slow . Outside of that I think I like the game, just wish I could turn that poo poo off

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's made even worse by the fact that some of the stuff it switches to 3rd person camera for would probably be more bad rear end in 1st person, like punching through walls

Dec 26, 2012

yeah it always went 3rd person for cover and melee and stuff

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Im downloading this big freaking game right now. It says recommended space is 50 gigs but the download is only 22.7

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The download is usually much smaller than the actual game because it's not unpacked.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

beepstreet posted:

Im downloading this big freaking game right now. It says recommended space is 50 gigs but the download is only 22.7

thats how every game has worked for the past 30 years

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[gets completely blown away by half life having a 1.2 gig install] dude, this must be on gd rom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

beepstreet posted:

stop trolling?

• Locked thread