Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you ask for this
I didn't ask for this
I asked for this
Please repeat the question
What the hell have you got to lose?
View Results

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bob Page's voice actor was in an episode of Wishbone and he sounds exactly the same.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The main story of this game is only half explained and kinda silly but the side story with all the Deus ex 1 characters is really reall good

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Frog Act posted:

i beat DE1 after playing through Human Revolution and then i understood why people were disappointed by HR. even thoguh it was a realyl good game i wish they hadn't laminated everything in yellow plastic. the gritty 90s cyberpunk aesthetic of DE1 is far superior

Good news, they fixed that. Now instead of a yellow border on everything there's a white border on everything.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The obligatory "you e been captured" level is pretty good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like I'm close to the end and there's been a shitload of padding in the last few hours... Go to this side of the huge hostile map, now go back to opposite extreme rinse repeat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
breach mode is fun it reminds me a lot of MGS VR missions

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Sjhould I buy this. I liked HR alot

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Raymond Hog posted:

Sjhould I buy this. I liked HR alot

Yes it's very good but there's a couple issues. If you play while the day 1 patch downloads and try to play th same saves after updating it they will corrupt your saves & your entire install. (At least on ps4). It's a great game though I'm hesitant to say it's better than HR

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm almost done with my first play through. I thought since they only made one hub world there would be way more mission content but there's only a few unique main mission areas and it feels like there's a 1/3D of a game missing right in the middle. I have a feeling at least a couple missions were withheld for DLC or something especially considering how long they had to work on this.

You can also tell stealth play was secondary since they tried so hard to make guns blazing a fun approach. The stealth options for two of the main missions are literally "do this obvious thing and get a trophy & skip 75% of the level"

Edit there's a Hitman style mission near the end where you have to snatch some people out of a crowded reception area without being seen (you have to grab 11 it's a big undertaking) that's sort of broken because if anyone sees you it's a failure and triggers a major story branch but they didn't take into account that it's in the same building as the earlier missions so if you left anyone unconscious or visible an hour earlier twenty floors up it starts a search that triggers failure.

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 27, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really looking forward to playing this in a year

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna try out breach mode for the first time after work tonight & report on that

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm really looking forward to playing this in a year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Benny D posted:

Gonna try out breach mode for the first time after work tonight & report on that

I played it for a little while and it's weird but kind of good. They really want you to buy those booster packs but so far the challenge level has felt pretty fair .... it's way harder than the main game for sure

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

drat, the more i see of this game the more AWESOME it looks. French canadians, youve outdone yourselves once again.

Buying absolution for cheat codes

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I uninstalled this and requested a refund on steam. It will be worth it when it's on sale for like $20-$30 but for now I'd recommend passing on it for several reasons.

So instead I installed the original Deus Ex and the GMDX mod which is loving awesome so far. I would highly recommend it. It adds a ton of polish and nice new elements without changing the fundamentals of the game feel.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ok but what are the several reasons.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

rediscover posted:

dont feed the trolls.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

rediscover posted:

Sorry I should I have said these in the first place.

Poor performance and bugs.

Annoying gameplay elements like constant perspective switching, still no normal melee options, cinematic takedowns and the fact that they still require Adam to have a charge in his battery, world props being inconsistent in terms of physics and interaction, a boring / bland story, and a general lack of freshness. Adam Jensen is still an annoying brooding dickhead.
Not to mention the insane DLC stuff.

It feels like Human Revolution with a thin new layer of paint. The gameplay is still otherwise good but it feels like an expansion to that game instead of a 60 dollar new one.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how long until steam refunds destroy PC Gaming

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

GameCube posted:

how long until steam refunds destroy PC Gaming

It helps PC gaming because you can get your money back for something that sucks / is broken / is not as advertised. It prevents developers and publishers from pulling a fast one on consumers. Considering you can only refund if you've played less then 2 hours or owned the game for less then 14 days and lose the ability entirely if you abuse the system I'd say it's pretty fair.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish that system existed on consoles because I would love to return Energy Hook and Mortal Kombat X

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

beepstreet posted:

It helps PC gaming because you can get your money back for something that sucks / is broken / is not as advertised. It prevents developers and publishers from pulling a fast one on consumers. Considering you can only refund if you've played less then 2 hours or owned the game for less then 14 days and lose the ability entirely if you abuse the system I'd say it's pretty fair.

I know the pc version has some real issues but as far as gameplay/story it doesn't even really open up until 4-5 hours in so I'm not really sure you can comment on that dependably if you only played enough to get a refund

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish that system existed on consoles because I would love to return Energy Hook and Mortal Kombat X

Sony will give refunds sometimes but idk if it has to be a Sony produced game, tons of people got refunded for no mans sky

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Benny D posted:

I know the pc version has some real issues but as far as gameplay/story it doesn't even really open up until 4-5 hours in so I'm not really sure you can comment on that dependably if you only played enough to get a refund

Fair enough, but I just wasn't that into what I did play. I'm sure it gets better later, but I'm going to wait until it's patched up and cheaper.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I refunded it too because the game ran like rear end which you know, OK, my graphics card is kind of old now, but why doesn't it look any better than HR for the way lower frame rate. Also like 3 seperate times I tried to open a container and close out, but instead the UI froze so I couldn't move or anything and I had to reload a save

Then it crashed when I tried to leave the hideout and I just said gently caress it and refunded it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i think they cut a lot of stuff out to make room for 3 million sequels they have planned. the entire game feels like a 1st act

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I got a refund for NMS on PS4 but it sounds like they were making a special exception for that game and usually they're hardasses about it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dongicus posted:

i think they cut a lot of stuff out to make room for 3 million sequels they have planned. the entire game feels like a 1st act

I just finished and it ends at what should be like the 40% mark. im willing to bet the story dlc comes out suspiciously fast

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I've got like 20 hours into this game so far. It's enjoyable but nothing special. It does feel like a standalone expansion to DXHR. The goofy cut scenes that play ecerytime you fall down a hole or takedown someone are pretty dumb and the perspective switch for stealth is extremely dumb. I'm playing the game straight stealth, no kills and it seems like you end up missing large swathes of the game this way. Also people get angry at you now if you stun gun people rather than just avoid everyone which causes you to miss even more of the game.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

There are some really cool areas like an optional bank that you can just heist everything out of and you get to do it by impersonating people on future aol instant messenger. I spent like 4 hours doing stuff in the bank.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Eufemia posted:

I've got like 20 hours into this game so far. It's enjoyable but nothing special. It does feel like a standalone expansion to DXHR. The goofy cut scenes that play ecerytime you fall down a hole or takedown someone are pretty dumb and the perspective switch for stealth is extremely dumb. I'm playing the game straight stealth, no kills and it seems like you end up missing large swathes of the game this way. Also people get angry at you now if you stun gun people rather than just avoid everyone which causes you to miss even more of the game.

Yeah the stealth options are really lazily implemented, Garm is a great example where if you activate one hard to miss thing you can essentially skip 75% of the level.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also I only found two conversation battles in the entire game

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Benny D posted:

Also I only found two conversation battles in the entire game

That is loving stupid because one of them was shown in it's entirety for the e3 preview.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Aug Lives Matter" is the current lowpoint in gaming. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Aug Lives Matter" is the current lowpoint in gaming. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

They're sending Aug rapists, they're sending aug criminals

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Some, I assume, are good robots

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Eufemia posted:

That is loving stupid because one of them was shown in it's entirety for the e3 preview.

That's the only one in the main story I saw and one in a side quest. I missed a main mission because I took a different branch but I doubt there's one there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
there's a book titles "an inconvenient aug"

• Locked thread