Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Good lord, who is that poor db that just got juked out of the screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ross Angeles posted:

I was really hoping it was Patrick Peterson, but it was a rookie CB. He was playing with the 1's though

That was drat filthy! It seems rare to see the art that is footwark in the NFL like this. It is a thing of beauty :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It's so drat pretty! Devonta Freeman does poo poo like this all the time and it leaves me semi-erect...

I hope Lewis comes back with a vengeance, he is so fun to watch!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Clearly wearing a Tebow jersey and not Marshall :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Devonta "lil'beast" Freeman, disrespecting your made up god stiff-arming bitches

He is so so good :fap:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

I think the last rule change added the jersey note. But you can tackle someone by the hair still:

Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

No poo poo? So you can horsecollar QB's in the pocket?

e: That makes zero sense to me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

Sure can.

Isn't the whole point of making a horsecollar tackle illegal, is because it puts the runner at risk? Is it not a risk in the pocket? I'm so confused :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

swickles posted:

To be fair in the pocket you aren't doing the primary motion that seems to cause injury.

You mean running?

Yeah, I mean I guess but you are still folding a man in half which causes some odd angles if your feet get caught under you regardless if you are running or not. It seems dangerous either way...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

Maybe it's not sensible to allow it in the pocket but the rule came about because Roy Williams injured like 3 people in one season doing it and they were all open-field tackles. I'm not aware of anyone getting an injury from a horsecollar tackle where it's legal and looking at the story from when it was passed, two things stood out: the competition committee didn't want to penatlies getting called on d-lineman reaching out to grab a running back and there was an emphasis that there be an immediate "yank" action to pull the player down. In both those clips, the only yanking really happening is from Bengal and Viking fans.

lol you really wrapped that up nicely :hfive:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/782907620978032640

:allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

warcrimes posted:

I mean, he's holding the gently caress out of him. Also, misspelled Osemele.

Osemele is also the poo poo, good signing by Oakland.

That is not holding!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He has too many teeth to be a true Jacksonville fan tbh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So majestic with the snow fall :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bears_receivers.gif

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Future Falcon Eric Berry balled out yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Move, bitch! Get out the way!

• Locked thread