Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Speaking of Dubai, something funny happened when you, Son Ryo and I were playing it. I was in DFM behind one of the named aces, when he countered, and I countered the counter, so it zoomed in on my machine gun like it does. Then mid-maneuver one of you blew up the ace and I was stuck in machine gun camera for the entire rest of the mission. xP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Ask me about joining a co-op partner's DFM on that mission and the game helpfully flying me into the ground. That one mission in co-op is oddly buggier than everything else in the game, go figure. also for what it's worth, putting in a re-record vote. You don't want to start a thread on the wrong foot. What platform you do it on is up to you.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 7, 2017

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Psion posted:

Ask me about joining a co-op partner's DFM on that mission and the game helpfully flying me into the ground.

That happened to me TWICE that session, once in the middle of a DFM and once just after finishing it. What a well-programmed feature...

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
I still have flashbacks to a multiplayer match on that map where one of my opponents literally just lured you into DFM then would fly a specific track between two buildings that would cause the pursuer to crash into the ground between them EVERY. TIME. Unfortunately this was at the point in the game's life when there was only one or two servers running at once so I had to put up with it if I wanted to play.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Speaking of Dash Rendar: it too over a year to get here but Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is available on Steam now for the first time ever. Now you too can experience the sheer existential joy that is being Dash Rendar.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
It also made its debut alongside a Star Wars Humble Bundle, for the record. It's at the top-tier for non-physical stuff, but still, that's just shy of a buck each for fifteen games at maximum (and then another twenty for a shirt if you want), so if you're the kind of weird person who owns Steam but has somehow resisted the siren call of the constant sales and avoided picking up most of the Star Wars games partly by accident, it'd be worth getting.

Or you could be patient and wait for another three months. I'm pretty sure "too new on Steam" isn't a factor in Star Wars games getting a deep discount for May the Fourth.

Unrelated to Dash Rendar, I had an idea for an emblem to make in another game the other day. It's not quite an exact replica, I had to skip some of details because of lack of layers and it could always use a bit more work, but behold:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Is there anyone still playing Infinity outside of Japan or is everybody just gonna jump ship to Ace Combat 7 when it comes out?

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Holy crap you must have the patience of a saint Kadorhal

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
By the way, recording is temporarily paused because of the double XP event in Rainbow 6 Siege but it should be back soon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
When history witnesses great change, Razgriz reveals itself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In honor of Puddle of Mudd's contribution to the series, might I recommend the suggestion that shant be named in Ace Combat 6 be replaced with "Go drift and die?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZ7mkYrb9k

drift through the skies dude

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Huh, I guess he finally got someone to take it all away.

Even if 'it' is him, and 'away' involves the back seat of a cop car.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Hype

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Given his arrest record, Wes Scantlin being arrested for disorderly conduct around fighter jets would not be at all surprising. A change of pace from DUIs, yes, but not too surprising.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

AC5:

1. The Unsung War sings a lot, making it a filthy liar.
2. The narrator (?) from Zero is a pervert.
3. Missile Alert! CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY? Yes<>No Missile Alert! Missile Alert! Come on kid, Missile Alert! say something Missile Alert! already.
4. The Chunnel will ensure that the south will rise again!
5. The American kestrel is the smallest and most common falcon in North America, and though not as strong a flyer as many other larger falcons, proper training and weight control by a falconer allows many American kestrels to become effective hunters of birds in the size range of sparrows and starlings, with occasional success against birds up to approximately twice their own weight.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 12, 2017

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Might want to put #4 behind spoiler tags. Also Albert Genette and Brett Thompson are different people

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

NobleSixFour posted:

Might want to put #4 behind spoiler tags. Also Albert Genette and Brett Thompson are different people

They have the same English voice actor, so I'm not letting them off. Besides, Brett Thompson is a bum.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

thetruegentleman posted:

They have the same English voice actor, so I'm not letting them off. Besides, Brett Thompson is a bum.

I did not know they were the same. The characters have such different voices! But then I guess that's the reason for a good VA. I have some great fan theories about why Genette's voice/character completely changed for ACX, but we'll get there when we get there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NobleSixFour posted:

I have some great fan theories about why Genette's voice/character completely changed for ACX

It's called "Namco couldn't afford Matt Mercer on PSP money" :colbert: It's the same reason why Brian Cox isn't in Killzone: Liberation.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Well obviously but who has time for the boring practical explanations? I'm thinking more like he got accused of leaking classified stuff and had to go undercover for a while or same thing, but for Brett Thompson and he killed Genette and assumed his identity

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Speaking of Ace Combats not directly related to the one with a currently-active LP thread, good news! I found out why my microphone wasn't working, so I'll be good for co-commentary on 5/Assault Horizon and/or finally getting around to LPing HAWX.

The gist of it is I'm an idiot. Turns out there's a jack on the rear of my computer which is near-identical in color to the microphone jack, is easier to reach than the microphone jack due to my current desk setup, but is not actually the microphone jack.

Ace Combat valentine's cards when? "Violets are blue" is just begging to rhyme into "Fox Two".

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

Speaking of Ace Combats not directly related to the one with a currently-active LP thread, good news! I found out why my microphone wasn't working, so I'll be good for co-commentary on 5/Assault Horizon and/or finally getting around to LPing HAWX.

The gist of it is I'm an idiot. Turns out there's a jack on the rear of my computer which is near-identical in color to the microphone jack, is easier to reach than the microphone jack due to my current desk setup, but is not actually the microphone jack.

Ace Combat valentine's cards when? "Violets are blue" is just begging to rhyme into "Fox Two".

Roses are red, violets are blue, Locked onto your heart, Wardog One, Fox Two

And one for Zero:

Roses for loves, violets for the fickle, Belkans below, Cipher, pickle pickle

Akujiki fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 17, 2017

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
I've now finished recording for all but the final stretch of Assault Horizon. I'm especially hyped to show off a piece of loving crazy flying I did in the Black Sea mission.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Bad news, guys, Fraps REALLY doesn't seem to like the Moscow missions, so I'm going to have to finally set up my capture card and switch to the Xbox for the remainder of the LP.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

NobleSixFour posted:

Bad news, guys, Fraps REALLY doesn't seem to like the Moscow missions, so I'm going to have to finally set up my capture card and switch to the Xbox for the remainder of the LP.

Try MSI Afterburner otherwise. That has been my go to recording software a couple of times.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

gently caress, I should actually start working on this one, shouldn't I?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
But seriously though, I actually need a thread title for Ace Combat 5, and as much as I'm enamored with "Donald Trump's America Simulator" for what a loving amazing long bomb joke it is, it's just not gonna fly, so I'm trying the floor open to submissions in case anyone has a funnier one they'd like to throw out there.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The only thing I can be sure of at this hour of watching anime non-stop is that the thread title needs to work the phrase "take it all away" in. I don't mean use that entire phrase but it could be like

...took all my away in ACE COMBAT 5: THE UNSUNG WAR

... denotes something I can't think of.

I had to post after getting a notice on my skype-o-phone.

e

The Yukes took all my democracy away in ACE COMBAT 5: THE UNSUNG WAR
As a demon, Ace Combat 5 uses its unsung war to take it all away
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - This one won't be taken away <- the other thread just stop out of nowhere right?

I just feel it has to be there because it's to AC5 what what's-that-song is to Top Gun.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 21, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing in a Puddle of Mudd, Let's Play AC 5: The Unsung War

Puddle of Mudd? [ YES | NO ] Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
EDIT: reply is not edit.:downs:

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
You can't do formatting in thread titles, can you?

Become A(nother) Legend [ YES | NO ] Let's Play AC5: The Unsung War

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

When I was thinking of doing these games, the thread title I thought up for 5 was its own tagline, "Nothing Else Comes Close". But that's not funny, so

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ace Combat V: Little Green Men and Little Grey Men.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not the Rogue One You're Thinking Of. Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Thoughts endless in flight, day turns to night - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Aw man, my rock & roll records! - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Listen to my beautiful voice! - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, As Foretold By The Book Of Scantlin

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Woof, woof, woof! Lets play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The Unsung War has a surprising amount of singing.