Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Was :f5:ing for this to come up.

The first time I saw this game was on a demo disc that came with a magazine on my friend's PS2 back in the day. That briefing music has stuck with me ever since as one of my favourite tracks in the series.

Maybe not the best AC game in gameplay, but it's my favourite of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

So do we start the blood feud about whether AC4 or AC5 is better now or later?

Nah, no need for that I think.
AC5 is probably better, all things considered, but I like AC4 better overall, by a little.
They're both pretty great games.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

That is still the bomber mission though. The AC-130 mission only has you in the gunner seat throughout the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0I8FoSfgQ

That's the most boring AC130 video I've ever seen. Is that the original (lack of) music as well?

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

That's from asteroid naming conventions. I think it got mentioned earlier in a different thread, but 1994 is when it was discovered, and XF04 is something else I forget.

The X means it was discovered in the first half of December. F04 means it was the 106th object identified in that period (although I believe in reality it would've just been 1994XF4 without the 0 again).

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
The cargo plane that landed on a carrier was a C-130 back in 1963. IIRC they were considering using it for replenishment rather than the tiny C-1s they normally used.
Obviously that didn't go anywhere, and the navy chose a cargo variant of the E-2 Hawkeye, the C-2 Greyhound, instead.

There's a couple of videos around showing the landings. I chose the one with the most 60's voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGy2ppViCck

Also, IFF won't really prevent you shooting someone. Exactly how it works is pretty well classified, but in any case you can just turn it off and it can't do anything.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
I love the Mobius squadron intro.

E: Was this the mission where you got different voice clips if you down the Yellows in a particular order?

VKing fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
You can't do formatting in thread titles, can you?

Become A(nother) Legend [ YES | NO ] Let's Play AC5: The Unsung War