Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kadorhal posted:

Also, what the gently caress is wrong with all of you? I know I said Cipher is an acceptable substitute for Phoenix, but loving Bishop of all people is beating Phoenix too?!

I didn't remember what game William Bishop was from so I thought it meant Canadian WWI ace Billy Bishop, and, well :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm slowly playing through 5 now, and I had way more trouble with Fortress than Four Horsemen. Had to trade up to a Raptor just to have enough missiles to not have to guns kill every single ground target in the last third of the mission, and I hate using the Raptor/Terminator. And this is on normal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxB1ahoz_M

New Ace Combat 7 trailer is out.
Also confirmed that the game isn't PS4 exclusive and is coming for XB1.
And PC. :woop:

If you're not flying the whole thing in a polished-metal F-104 I don't wanna know ya

(I will not be doing this, because A. I suck and B. My skills are weak and bad)

My computer slowed to a chug trying to play Assault Horizon but parts of it are hell of old

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

Friend pointed out to me that the trailer's last shot is totally a Macross Plus reference.

Looking forward to YF-19 and YF-21 as secret planes!

Ahahaha you're right, holy gently caress

And there's the cockpit shots of that weird proto-Coffin thing, the talk of a "suit" being not quite up to speed, and the drone-barfing air carrier

This is a loving Macross Plus game, isn't it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

IronSaber posted:

I'm holding out for the "Stealth" plotline where an AI pilot is struck by lightning and become self-aware or something.

The part where the plot whiteboi and the AI threw down against two SU-37s was still the most Ace Combat and therefore best part of the movie

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I Pulled Up Too Hard And Everything Is Blurry: Let's Play Ace Combat 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Yes, in Ace Combat 5 yes it is! And it's the best thing ever! But we can't show you that because it's spoilers, so instead here is its first appearance.

edit: I mean I know I have done literally nothing but joke and gaff about it for this entire thread but this is a really good trailer

As soon as I posted that title, I got nostalgic for old flight sims like Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, that actually did have a blackout/redout mechanic

Can't remember if you could also rip your wings off overloading the plane, I always turned most of the realism off and basically rolled like a proto Ace Combat pitchin gobs of Sparrows at a B-29