Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yellow Thirteen is a punk bitch and I would fist fight him IRL:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gotta go zero, 4, then 5 for me. I'll talk more about it when we get to 5, or crow will, but there are some gameplay choices that make replaying it kind of annoying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love what Mobius 1 has become in other games, but when I say I love the story of 04 I mean I love the Storyteller Kid and Yellow 13's tale, while you get to see firsthand how the war is turned around.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've yet to beat Joint Assault for the PSP. Granted, I've only played it off and on occasionally when the fancy strikes me, but the things that stand out most to me from that game would be the bizarre dub and annoying gimmicks.

I'm used to gimmicks in these games, and some of the crap I put up with in Joint Assault still chapped my rear end while playing it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, I loving love that song.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anime is love, anime is life, viva la anime.

But yeah gently caress that DLC. It's a gimmick that ain't worth paying for.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AC04 is built around the silent protagonist though. It never needs a gigantic cast of characters because you have the little kid subplot, SkyEye, and everyone who dies around you.:madmax:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That was the greatest thing I've ever seen/heard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All I can say, Crow, is that yesterday's disappointments keep reminding me that tomorrow's surely coming. Hell, just as sure as the air I breathe! And I want you to know, that I know you can get through it. You've got what you need.

I mean, sure...you've got so far to go! And only heaven knows how far! But the sun keeps shining, the wind keeps blowing, and so long as that wide blue sky stays the same...shouldn't that give you so much hope?

I mean, oddly enough that song really does bring me to a somewhat sane place these last few days. Kinda nifty, that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blind Sally posted:

Shinjobi, you survived your toxx!

I lived.

I died.

I live again.:madmax:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:911:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If the prospect of playing Ace Combat in VR isn't something you IMMEDIATELY thought of and looked forward to immensely from the second the concept was introduced of a modern VR thing, I don't know what to tell you other than you're pretty much in the wrong.

:agreed:

I am loving amped to try it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The truly Trumpinian thing to do would be the cancel it the moment it actually works.

I'm holding out hope for that one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fun, quick mission. Love it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cipher goes on to fusion dance with SkyEye, and they're adventuring around the world by the time AC5 rolls around.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait to be reunited with my little buddy, Grimm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ace Combat meets Macross Plus? I am going to ruin every pair of pants I own with this throbbing erection.:japan:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That video was a lot of fun. More fun than Operation Katina's later stages, especially.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

All of Katina is fun.

It was just so dang stressful when it picked up the difficulty. Granted, it was typically my fault for just charging down the hardest path, but every memory I have of Katina's later stages is me muttering "gently caress" every ten seconds or so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hace posted:

The only really difficult stage is the transport plane one imo

Well hell, I guess I was just garbage at it then. Huh. Kinda want to try it again and see if I'm any better nowadays.

This is how bad things happen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In honor of Puddle of Mudd's contribution to the series, might I recommend the suggestion that shant be named in Ace Combat 6 be replaced with "Go drift and die?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZ7mkYrb9k

drift through the skies dude

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing in a Puddle of Mudd, Let's Play AC 5: The Unsung War

Puddle of Mudd? [ YES | NO ] Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
EDIT: reply is not edit.:downs:

Adbot