Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Buckling in for one HELL of a nostalgia ride. I think the only game I played more than Ace Combat 04 at the time was MGS2, so seeing it again will be a joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Thefluffy posted:

Two hints for the balloon clusterfuck: they only appear in that band of jamming on the map and two they are a shitload easier to see aganst the white sky instead of the ground so flying danger close to the ground helps. This is the mission that forced me to learn how use the camera controls to look in directions other than straight ahead. :v:

Another really handy tip: they generally actually do line up with the blips that pop up on the radar, so you can use those as guidelines to steering at them, so you only have to worry about the altitude they're working at.

edit: That said, there are phantom blips too. Wouldn't be effective jamming otherwise, I s'pose. :v:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
I'd already joked to Crow about this before the commentary we did, but he should definitely not rush through Megalith at full afterburner, no slowing down :v:

Thinking about it, it just might be possible through TAS methods... hmm...

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
GOD drat. Every single time I hear Rex Tremendae/Megalith - Agnus Dei, I get the fuckin' goosebumps. This is the mission that solidifies AC04 as my favorite in the series. Young me just couldn't handle how BADASS the entire Megalith mission is, from the stark silence in the briefing, the speech in the aircraft selection, all the way through the final trench runs through the facility. Thanks for the LP and for bringing me on, Crow. Excellent work as always, bud.