Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Where's the "Update PoP 2008, Crow" option?

This election is rigged :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I watched this on a Saturday, so you're good, buddy.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It took infinite missiles and instant reload, but you tagged one.

It's not cheating if they cheat first!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Welp.

Looks like I'm finally going to own an Ace Combat game.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, my company had a New Year's party at the Museum of Flight in Seattle yesterday, and we got to pilot the flight simulators there.

While I spent most of my time upside down (because gently caress these games make it look so much easier to fly), I managed 9 kills. I think it's maybe 6-10 minutes in the simulator, and it honestly felt like I was nailing these rapid fire.

What I'm saying is that Mobius 1 (and other Ace Combat protagonists) are loving ridiculous and it's perfectly understandable how they all become legends on the battlefield given their accomplishments.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Zomborgon posted:

I did one of those in the Smithsonian air and space museum, they were awesome. They were the kind that pivoted you around as you flew and gave some noticeable g-forces on rotation.

My gunner was a little bit pale after all of the rolls I pulled.
Oh yes, it was definitely one of the ones that rotated and flipped and pivoted you around.

I was being literal when I said I spent most of the time upside down.

I also understand better height limits on pilots.

My poor head was pressed against the ceiling the whole time, and when I was upside down it was even worse.

I went solo, though there is a spot for a gunner as well.

Meanwhile, Ace Combat protags are fused with their planes, I swear to the gods. Electrosphere is just the only one that admits it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like how the games are escalating.

Ace Combat 4: Arcade Planes with anime plotline
Ace Combat 5: Anime with Arcade Planes

I fully expect Ace Combat 6 to be ANIME MOTHERFUCKERS ALSO PLANES

I mean, it has the Idolmaster paint schemes. It better deliver with a loving ridiculous plotline and script.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Dash Rendar Is A Better Pilot Than Nagase - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Okay, okay.

He claims to be a better pilot. Did you hear him tell his story of how he totally took on the Empire by himself that one time?