Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

nine-gear crow posted:

Both facilities share a similar design; a point that Assault Horizon Legacy highlights as it actually reuses several texture elements from Megalith to create its rendition of Fortress Intolerance.

Ha! I was just playing AHL a month or two ago, I thought it was uncanny how similar they looked, even past the geometry. That makes a lot more sense now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Brunom1 posted:

It's the kind of thing that loses a bit of impact when it's not you at the controls.

This a simple mission, yes, but that trench run is very tense. If you pretty much anything other than yawing and very slight vertical shifts, you're very likely to smash into something.

^^^^^^

I also think the imagery of the asteroid fragments raining down around you really justifies/brings out the music as well. It's an awesome spectacle imo.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Brunom1 posted:

Even though they're not really supposed to be there, I don't think! :stare:

Unless... are there Ulysses fragments up in orbit? Could Megalith, I dunno, be using its missiles to blast them down to Earth?

In the briefing it literally says that Megalith is able shoot asteroid fragments down that are still in orbit. The lasers you see shoot out of it is it scanning for fragments to hit and send raining down on Usea.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Psion posted:

I expect Crow to fly the majority of missions in AC6 using those Idolmaster skins, or else he can __ _____ ____ ___ _____.

:v:

:(

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Skies Unknown is a really dope subtitle

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Zomborgon posted:

I have the same behavior, and as such am trying to memorize for Unsung War what buildings disappear when shot and which have rubble with collision hotboxes. While trying to conserve missiles, there is so little margin of error while attempting to gun down swaths of buildings among skyscrapers and such.

Doesn't help that I'm using a controller with no pressure sensitivity on the throttle; it's either brakes, normal, or full afterburner.

Not having pressured buttons is especially annoying with the map, because in 5 it's either in super close, or suuuuuper zoomed out.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
The only really difficult stage is the transport plane one imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Phy posted:

I Pulled Up Too Hard And Everything Is Blurry: Let's Play Ace Combat 5

yeah this