Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cipher shoots down Mobius 1 in the gauntlet. Checkmate, atheists.
talisman shoots down Cipher at chandelier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Leif. posted:

Oh man, "Sky Kid Bar" really does sound like a reference.

Sky Kid is an old namco game, so yes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

AC4 has too many boring air to ground missions to be the best AC game :colbert:.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The second best maybe, but not the best.
And I know I linked it in the last thread but both the regular cutscene song and the fathers' song are compositions by Barrios, here's the usual cutscene song, can't remember the one in this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJ6fSr-on4

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Psion posted:

Upon rewatching crow's latest video one thing did occur to me: I say every AC game would be better with 04's briefing track.

That's why they brought it back for infinity.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Is it weird that I've beaten this game like 10 times and don't remember this mission at all?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Nah, I don't think it's weird. It's a featureless gray cube of a mission outside of the soundtrack.

It's weird because I can usually rattle off the stage name and even the mission codename for every level in this and 0 but this... it was a complete blank except for the music.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You're not gonna believe this, Jean-Louis, all of their names are redacted!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

NobleSixFour posted:

Also, another possible reason for the game title: This is, after all, after the impact of the asteroid Ulysses 1994XF04.

That's from asteroid naming conventions. I think it got mentioned earlier in a different thread, but 1994 is when it was discovered, and XF04 is something else I forget.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The next game can stick you in a real poo poo situation if you pick the A-10 for every ground mission, it's great.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nah, the A-10 in that game has 17 in air to air and 34 in mobility. Those numbers are just too high. We need to get at least one of those down by at least thirty percent.

Air to air is air lock on speed, clearly the important stats to dump are speed and mobility.
e: maybe stability too? what does that even do?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I USED TO RUUUUULE THE WORLD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvodWzb2HQ

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

There's nothing interesting about Bunker Shot, it's probably the most boring mission in the game. It gets better in infinity though.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tango line is the mission where your mind goes numb from 20 minutes of thrilling air to ground combat and you crash into a mountain and have to do the whole thing over again. And then you crash again. And again. And then you stop your replay of the game.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This twisted game needs to be reset crow. You know what you need to do.
It's time.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

GOTTA
STAY
FLY

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe we should just get rid of Erusea.
A final solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU