Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I am actually sorely tempted to write up a short little drabble that has Dash (who's revealed to be both Cipher and Phoenix) and Larry chilling out in a bar somewhere in Oured, with Dash mentioning that his son (aka Mobius One) is flying for ISAF and his other son (Blaze from AC5) is flying for Osea against Dash's wishes.

How to do it without being cheesy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Fun little side-fact: "Broken arrow" is also the term used for when soldiers tell their artillery "I loving know it's danger close and don't tell me that there's gonna be a high body-count of friendlies; there are too many bad guys closing in on this position so start firing already dear Christ!"

So if someone calls "broken arrow," poo poo just got loving real.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Redo any mission where Yellow Squadron shows up with an F-4. The later, the better.

Yes, this includes Megalith.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Cipher, or, if we're going to use his given name, Dash Rendar officially retired from service after the rousing success Operation Fighter's Honor and returned to his family, though for their safety they were placed into the Strangereal equivalent of Witness Protection and relocated to Oured, Osea where he now owns and operates one of the more popular dive bars in the Downtown Eastern District, called Crow's Nest.

His eldest son, however, slightly bitter and emboldened by tales of his father's achievements, ran away and joined ISAF as Mobius One. You may have heard of him recently, he's the one who took out Stonehenge and secured Whiskey Corridor, as well as spearheaded the charge into Farbanti.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I will say this: I really should’ve been more specific with the wording of my challenge. I honestly thought that you would do Autumn Thunder or Stone Crusher. Granted, it’s been ~2+ years since I posted it, so I could’ve gone back and edited it...if I had remembered to. Which I definitely did not.

CJacobs was right, you ARE a genie, the kind that does WHAT he’s told...just not in the way people expect or hope for.

I loved it, by the way, even if I am kicking myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

And now for something completely different:

I bought Ace Combat 7 the other day for the PS4 and I’ve really enjoyed it so far! The campaign is nicely paced, the nostalgia baiting is either well executed or so subtle that you don’t even notice that they’re even relying heavily on it, and the mission setups are cool, if a bit tough for a first time run through. The fact that it can support HOTAS is just gravy, though I was stuck in “Elite: Dangerous” mode because I use that same HOTAS for “Elite,” and was attempting to juggle power pips when this game doesn’t do that (I switched back to my controller and haven’t looked back since).

The music is also excellent, as it should be. Many AC fans may (rightly or wrongly) poo poo upon Assault Horizon from the greatest of heights (for full transparency, I enjoyed my time with Assault Horizon, simply because it was the only Ace Combat game that I actually felt that I could have fun with), but AC7’s soundtrack made me think of AH, and AH has the best soundtrack of any AC title (I will eat a sixer for this; hell, I’ll even up the ante and eat a full week probe on this hill for saying good things about AH and none of you can stop me). Just the general tone and and pacing of each track really drives home the feeling of each mission, whether it be a “gently caress yeah you’re awesome” or “start making GBS threads your pants because you’re about to be hosed royally by drones/Mr. X.” The track that plays during the Stonehenge Defensive mission is such a love letter to 04 that I legit almost teared up with joy, especially as it swelled when Stonehenge fired for the last time, not as an instrument of chaos, but of hope.